Malcom

Jombi

When Messi drops to cm or cdm to get the ball and leaves his cf position.
People think that he is doing that due to a poor midfield, but imo, that's his current "thing".
He wants to be involved and touch the ball all the time. Create/pass/score, yet without too much off the ball movement and running.
He will drop deep forever.

So, if you play Dembele-Messi-Malcom, there is a high chance of having no one in the box too often due to Messi's current style, with 2 wingers close to a touchline.
And when Messi gets the ball, he will be surrounded by 4 defenders who have no one else to mark.

Which can lead to extreme lethalness.

Messi has to adapt like everyone else. Malcom and Dembele most certainly are not going to be touching any touchline. They are creators/support forwards more than anything.

EdmondDantes

Xavi and Iniesta have changed. But to say that City cant possibly win against big teams or the CL without some tall donkey up front is abit much. City played brilliantly against top teams last season and who knows how they'll do this season. There is no incoming donkey at City nor at Barca.

I've no doubt in my mind that Pep would love a player like Firmino though.

Brilliant technique and flair, utterly selfless, and works as hard as a defensive midfielder despite being a forward. He's what I call a 360 degree player, great vision, one touch passing, through balls, dribbling, finishing, he's got the lot.

If Luis wasn't here, he's a player I feel that could extend Messi's career by 2 or 3 seasons with the amount of work he puts in every game. Not to mention he and Coutinho just click.

xXKonan

FFS What a signing, dude is a total alpha male for turning down Roma for us.

(Just trying my best Devils imitation here.)

soul24rage

the way I see it, this is going to be our starting XI for this season for the majority of the season.

---------busi---raki
xxxxxx---messi----coutinho
-----------suarez

xxxxxx=dembele/roberto (i personally would like dembele to play). there is no way in hell that both rakitic and suarez are not going to play the majority of the games. arthur and malcolm are going to be backup.

Jombi

Its actually official.

Surprising stuff.

It blew up just a day ago, I dont think we've been linked much if anything to him at all.

Can Abidal seal Houssem Aouar from Lyon as well for a good price?

hamoon32

Yeah, i doubt Dembele-Messi-Malcom can work out. both of Dembele and Malcom like to come short and ask for the ball, they rarely make runs behind the defense.
However, a front line of Dembele-Suarez-Malcom with coutinho behind them would be beautiful. Messi should rest more as we have enough quality in front to win against weak teams without him.

Devils

I am the GOAT transfer news poster.

FFS the speed and consistency at which I operate is incredible.

#EnjoyMalcolm

Home of Barca Fans