Malcom

Givenchy

would rather of seen him in the PL but goodluck to him. sad it didn't work out here, atleast we didn't make a loss i guess

Vilarrubi

Great price, I’m shocked. The fact that he’s our 4th highest sale ever at 40+5 says a lot about our selling skills too.

Messi983

Guess how much is RM's 4th highest sale ever?

47M (Özil to Arsenal).

But they are somehow genius at selling. :lol:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
And I guess because Barca highest sale ever is 222 M , they must be the best at selling players.

Stop embrassing yourself Mister "Valverde lost 1 meaningful game"

MTL_Barca

Great price, I’m shocked. The fact that he’s our 4th highest sale ever at 40+5 says a lot about our selling skills too.

It says more about what kind of club Barca is, and it's not a selling one. If a player performs at Barca he will usually stay, unless his name is Neymar aka that guy that desperately wants to come back :lol:

Always hard to sell players that were failures or at least not important anymore, if anything that shows that some purchases were just bad. Alexis could maybe have been sold for more, same for Cesc but iirc the problem there was that Arsenal would've gotten a big part of the fee if he was sold for more than 35M.

Selling a player like Malcom that was bought for 41M and was hardly ever played by the coach for 40+5M is as good as it gets imo.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

Does anyone really think Real, Barca, Bayern, United, City, Psg at all sell relative to what they spend? Real has some decent sales because they have spent more than anyone for the past 2 decades, and once in a while they can get a good fee out of the many more they keep or contracts/fees they largely eat because they are no longer in favor there. Based on footy transfer inflation Bale and James for instance would have not be two of the worst financial investments and they sure didn't sell Isco or Asensio at the right time either. If you want to go back further think of how little they got for Robben, Sneider or Xabi or Etoo relative to what they produced for later teams. Real isn't now nor have they ever been a well oiled machine in player trading, however they have so much financial might it hasn't been that big of a thing for them.

I am glad Barca isn't a selling club. Except for Neymar, where at the time the release clause seemed impossible, Barca doesn't sell except on their own terms.

BADGERBHOY

Because the winner of a CL is the team who wins in a head to head duel between Spanish vs English sides?
Let's repeat one more time.
Italy was the strongest league from 1990-2003.
Spain was the strongest since 2005-until a few years ago.

In the last 2-3 years, England is the strongest due to several reasons:
1. Messi will be gone
2. CR7 is gone
3. ALL English teams have more money. In Spain, only Barca and Real have money, others are poor-ish. In England, everyone have money.

Do you have numbers for Spanish league in terms of numbers drop?
On some topics, we could read that RM has 5000 less season tickets sold after CR7's departure.
Imagine Barca's season's tickets and TV pay per view after Messi when we'll have Dembele or who knows whom as a star player.

Look at Barca, for example, outside Messi.
Coutinho 165M
Dembele 145M
Malcom 40M
Paco 35, Gomes 40, Arda 40, Semedo 40
= 505 Millions. In this moment, NOT A SINGLE PLAYER out of these is a starter or ever was.

You make it sound as if we are making good deals, as English teams are stupid.
As if their numbers are dropping and our popularity will grow without Messi, CR7 (and especially when we will be average in a CL after Messi).
It is a vicious cycle.
Spain became better and better and richer and richer due to Messi, Cr7 and CL titles.
Remove those 3 and you are heading down, in a similar fashion.

When you add Italy from 90s, they have even better numbers...
What is the point comparing numbers from the last 10 years when:
1. Barca had Pep (gone), Messi (soon to be gone), Xavi (gone), Iniesta (gone), Busi (soon to be gone)
2. Real had CR7 (gone)
3. Sevilla was a force. They are meh today.

So, what do those years of Pep, Messi, Xavi, CR7 and Spanish teams winning CLs have today with:
1. Real (a joke) without CR7?
2. Barca with a soon to be 33 years old Messi and Suarez

If this season English teams will be a crap, then the last season was a fluke.
But what do you think it is more likely?
1) that Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd will have good results in Europe?
2) or that Ernieball, Real with Fatzard and similar will rule the Europe?

Why are you guys offended?
EPL is richer and stronger in this moment.
Money usually wins, except in Man Utd's case.
On larger samples, richer teams will get on top.

Barca has an old, unmotivated team. We can't run too much.
Real has an old, unmotivated team with fat players. Mixed with horrible, overrated youngsters, who are 4-5 years away from being ready to actually play.

Liverpool can run and play.
City can run and play.
Tottenham can run and play.

Because its the last 10 years and not the 90s.
Barca and Madrid are not in the Europa, its the Sevilla cup anyway
Last season was a fluke
Being a Scotsman I cant stand England anyway and it is difficult to give them any respect.
England dont talk about the big country that never wins anymore because its them now.
Spain have got Johan to thank for that

Because its the last 10 years and not the 90s.
Barca and Madrid are not in the Europa, its the Sevilla cup anyway
Last season was a fluke
Being a Scotsman I cant stand England anyway and it is difficult to give them any respect.
England dont talk about the big country that never wins anymore because its them now.
Spain have got Johan to thank for that

I can not imagine how frustrating it must be being a Celtic fan and having to hear so much criticism and denigration about your team and its league from across the border.

EPL fans like to say they have the best atmospheres in the world, but they don't even have the best atmosphere in Britain. That goes to the old firm derby by a country mile. I watch all 4 old firm games only for the atmospheres and would advise any football lovers here to do the same.

Also, the old firm games are far more gung ho, attacking, intense and less cautious than the games between the top 6 in the epl. Of recent old firms games I can only remember 1 in recent memory where I was getting bored, whereas games between the top 6 epl clubs I would say 80% I find totally boring.

There's far too much overating and arrogance surrounding the epl and arrogance is never a good thing.

Home of Barca Fans