Malcom

Leo_Messi

I agree that you can't miss chances like that and he missed a similar chance vs Sevilla away in the Copa. However, the most important thing for me is that he is getting into those goalscoring position. You can always teach a player on how to be more composed and fine tune your finishing. But it's a lot harder to be in those situations in the first place so I'm sure Malcom will work hard and he will improve his finishing. He's got the right mentality as even though he missed a huge chance, he never gave up and tried to make things happen, which is what I expect from a Barca player.

Him missing such chances (the miss against Sevilla proved harmless and the one yesterday was ruled off-side) is due to him not having had any consistent playing time whatsoever or trust from Valverde. Thus obviously impacting his confidence negatively like it would with any other player. More so a 21 year old Brazilian in his first season for a giant club like us with the pressure this entails, new league, new country, new teammates and the big competition that he is facing in terms of playing time.

However it shows what a big character he is that he was continuously raising his level as the game went on, crowning it, deservedly I believed, with an important goal to tie the score. Obviously this was hugely important for him and his confidence.

Now if Valverde does what he did after a similar stint of his (only to date due to his very, very limited playing time), when he scored that important goal against Inter in Milano just off the bench to afterwards score in the CdR and suffer an injury, almost never to appear again until recently, he will be back to square one.

Now it is important for Malcom and the team as a whole to give him continuous playing time. I rather see Malcom in action (100 times over) than the enormous €160 million flop that is Coutinho and his horrible attitude and body language. Malcom might be a worse player on paper than the 5 year older Coutinho but he is a better fit IMO. At least he is not a snail and a danger whenever he gets the ball or close to it.

Anyway very happy to see him score and play well.

soul24rage

Him missing such chances (the miss against Sevilla proved harmless and the one yesterday was ruled off-side) is due to him not having had any consistent playing time whatsoever or trust from Valverde. Thus obviously impacting his confidence negatively like it would with any other player. More so a 21 year old Brazilian in his first season for a giant club like us with the pressure this entails, new league, new country, new teammates and the big competition that he is facing in terms of playing time.

However it shows what a big character he is that he was continuously raising his level as the game went on, crowning it, deservedly I believed, with an important goal to tie the score. Obviously this was hugely important for him and his confidence.

Now if Valverde does what he did after a similar stint of his (only to date due to his very, very limited playing time), when he scored that important goal against Inter in Milano just off the bench to afterwards score in the CdR and suffer an injury, almost never to appear again until recently, he will be back to square one.

Now it is important for Malcom and the team as a whole to give him continuous playing time. I rather see Malcom in action (100 times over) than the enormous €160 million flop that is Coutinho and his horrible attitude and body language. Malcom might be a worse player on paper than the 5 year older Coutinho but he is a better fit IMO. At least he is not a snail and a danger whenever he gets the ball or close to it.

Anyway very happy to see him score and play well.

That's also true. Confidence play a huge part in finishing and I hope that his goal (I think his goal was harder to score with that crowd of players than the 1-1) will give him that confidence and relieve that pressure. I was very happy he scored in a game as big as the Clasico his first year in Spain. As of right now, Malcom is my 4th attacking option ahead of Coutinho. I actually want EV to start him vs Bilbao on the RW where he looks so much more comfortable than him on the LW to keep that confidence going. Let's see what EV will do.

wisconsincule

If Messi or Suárez need rest I wonder how a Dembele-Messi/Suárez-Malcom trio would look. At least Dembele would have someone to run with on counters.

Jombi

What do you expect as a reply?

Majority of players at Barca are actually world class players and have 100s of virtues.

You portrayed him as a shit player with no skills just a few weeks ago and now you are upset that he had a great game against our eternal rivals with zero match fitness and consistency. Ridiculous. Our 160m man Coutinho who you pushed heavily is stinking up the place after getting endless amounts of chances but you prefer to go on these endless rants about how awful Arthur, Dembele and Malcom are and how you're always right. Makes no sense.

FC B

you can't miss chances like the one in the first half in such a situation (down to Real in a game where the team is struggling so much to create any chances). that's all I can say about Malcolm

Messi, Suarez, Neymar, all missed chances like this in the clasicos.

Arizona Scott

I was very frustrated with the miss but it isn't like we haven't seen 1v1 and sitters missed by Messi, Saurez and Coutinho lately. Malcom needs to get more clinical.

Malcom overall was outstanding yesterday and showed why we spent 40+ million on him, he was a needed spark and he delivered, consistent threat. I can see what we saw in him and hope to see more games like that from him--he could really help the squad if he does that.

xXKonan

Dyz5HS_WsAEZvwS.jpg

Slevinn

There is a nice video about him on the site. Such a likeable guy.

Now watch EV leave him out of the squad for the game at Bilbao. :D

xXKonan

I think it may have either been a cramp or just a knock.

Malcom is a player who is direct but I also see a player who can be a lot more effective if he has a lot more responsibility with the ball on the front line. Him and Dembele are both alike in that regard, which is kinda funny considering people expect Coutinho to be that guy while Dembele/Malcom are suppose to be the direct players. But from what we seen this season and in the Classico, Cou appears to be the third wheel in the relationship in the FWD line when he's playing with Dembele and Malcom(Classico).

Home of Barca Fans