Luuk De Jong

Birdy

Became the all-time goalscorer of PSV in CL

Also has netted 27 goals in 34 games so far this season in all comps.
Closing in his best season record of 32 goals in all comps

PS: And now the question:
Wouldn't have it been better if we kept this clutch goal machine as a super-sub,
kept Auba as a starter,
and never brought a granny for 55m and on big wages without any sub?

Porque

Wouldn't have it been better if we kept this clutch goal machine as a super-sub,
kept Auba as a starter,

I'm sure alot of clubs have these cases. Madrid sold Munir's eyebrows and kept Carvajal for example.

Meanwhile who was the guy in our SD that decided to facilitate Halilovic by including Olmo as another example.

Then we had Xavi Simons whose father/Raiola felt was getting held back compared to Ilaix and should have been getting the same wage offer in the lower age categories. He could be doing a job for us at AML as that hybrid forward/midfielder role.

Hindsight, but Luuk should have been kept as a squad option. He was doing well here and went from a joke to fan favourite. Legend.

Andresito

Staff member
He was on loan so it wasn't fully in our hands. We had a buy option though but not sure how much it was. In the end PSV paid 3m for him.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

This is all revisionism. This cat was getting absolutely slaughtered daily by the fanbase when he was here. Was described as the worst player of all time and all sorts.

Just goes to show that fans need to be a little more patient with new players coming in. Looking at the Vítor Roque thread, I guess that's wishful thinking. :benitez:

KingLeo10

kept Auba as a starter,
One of the few things we agree on - Lewa has been one of the biggest problems at Barca for the last year. Because of him, we have 0 threat of going in behind the defense.

Horatio

You're welcome
This is all revisionism. This cat was getting absolutely slaughtered daily by the fanbase when he was here. Was described as the worst player of all time and all sorts.
People finding out they were wrong to judge him so harshly is not what revisionism means.

Also, fanbase warmed up to him later on. Some people here were harsh when transfer was announced and his first few months.

Porque

People finding out they were wrong to judge him so harshly is not what revisionism means.

Also, fanbase warmed up to him later on. Some people here were harsh when transfer was announced and his first few months.

Yep. If you go through the thread people instantly shit on this loan but were gradually won over. Luuk become a bit of a cult hero both online and off.

Hell, first page got me shitting on this deal. No one will read through to page 9 so but I changed my opinion on the deal and joined Club Luuk de Jong a day later.

200.gif

Birdy

It's not revisionism. It's not that he didn't show that when he was here.
Whenever he was subbed in, he scored and won games at ET for Barca

The Sporting project of the club, devised by Xavi, was a mess.
He didn't even see the utility of keeping him as super low cost super-sub

Home of Barca Fans