Luke Shaw

Martindn

Typical EPL internal affair. No other team outside England would pay that sum. But, in England, where Caroll is worth 30m, it's all possible.

Paid that for both Rooney and Ferdinand over 10 years ago, cant say they werent worth it.

Obviously.
I mean I'm expecting around the 80-90m mark to be put into players, and those are the type of players that will be looked at.
I wouldn't be surprised if they've held talks with Kroos/Reus/Fabregas/Carvalho etc. Whether or not they'll happen is another thing but expected them to be busy in the next month before the WC.

We dont even have a manager yet :p though shaw was thought to be done months ago due to Moyes groundwork. Would take a lot more than £90m for even 3 of those players, and in truth we need all 4.

H

Haruko The Goon

I havent seen Shaw play is he worth the price or even a better question, will he be worth the price tag?

When you think of it as " A teenage left back, for 27m" you think it's pretty crazy. But if he provide your club with the type of performances he has this season with Southampton, for 10 years or so. It'll turn out to be an amazing deal.

Think Rio Ferdinand for £28m. Seemed a LOT back then, but he's been one of the most solid players for United.

Shaw isn't quite Ferdinand level, but he could grow into that. Shaw has been in my wishlist the entire season.

ammarfcb

ze special one
awww, look at all you lel liga ppl laughin at bpl transfers.

etoe + 40m for ibra.

shaw for 27 ain't too bad, considering you get a top lb for a good 12-15 years...that being said, i'll be the first lol'in at manure if it fails.

serghei

awww, look at all you lel liga ppl laughin at bpl transfers.

etoe + 40m for ibra.

shaw for 27 ain't too bad, considering you get a top lb for a good 12-15 years...that being said, i'll be the first lol'in at manure if it fails.

Yeah, and Ibrahimovic is such a poor player...

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
£27m for Shaw is very cheap actually. Especially when he's going to be your left back for the next 15 years so it works out just under £2m per year for a player of his ability and potential would be a great buy for any club.

He has pace, he can cross and in 1 v 1's is almost impossible to beat. Positionally he is good.

Jenks

He's not ready for a World Cup. I understand the logic behind leaving Cole at home as he won't contribute for the future, but no way is Shaw ahead of Gibbs at the moment, as much of a prospect as he is.

BenRobbins

What is up with you trying to slate united at every opportunity lol. Anyway he will sign for us and he will be a cracking left back for years to come and it will be nice having a lb who can actually defend compared to evra now.

H

Haruko The Goon

I'm not my good man, I just hope they spend £27m on Shaw, who (even though he has a very high ceiling, and could be a good player for a decade) isn't worth a large chunk of their transfer kitty, and isn't a priority signing, so I hope they do it :)

BenRobbins

Fair enough! As a united fan though it is a priority for me, although i love the guy, evra has not been able to defend for a few years now and it is so painful to watch week in week out. This needs to be sorted out soon before chelsea get him but woodward may even be worse than zubi so i wouldnt be suprised if he fucked it up.

Xavinho

I'm not my good man, I just hope they spend £27m on Shaw, who (even though he has a very high ceiling, and could be a good player for a decade) isn't worth a large chunk of their transfer kitty, and isn't a priority signing, so I hope they do it :)

How is it not a priority for them to get a left back? Evra is 33 and Buttner is rubbish.

Home of Barca Fans