Luka Modric

X

xaviniesta

i hate that logic when an attacking player has to make one good move during the 90 mins to get praised and to say me>you and on the other hand the defensive player has to work 90 mins constantly to mark him, defend, create attacks etc etc and he gets nothing for that.

cro-man

we should have had sign this boy instead of fabregas.. much better than him. Xavi is old and i dont see thiago or someone else take his role. Madrid dont need him but we do and fabregas is now a striker and we have enough strikers but no one who can replace xavi or iniesta...

cro-man

whats so funny? do you really think fabregas is better? haha this guy is a flop for barcelona he came here as a midfileder and now he is striker. He is not good enough for our midfield and never will be. the only thing he can better than modric is to score goals maybe!... modric is quicker his passing is better and his ballcontroll is better too. Watch the game spain - croatia again and say he didnt neutralized our midfield?!.. As a midfileder modric is much better sry but this is the truth... Fabregas will sit on the bench next season because we have enough good striker and in our midfield there is no place for him..

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
I think Fabregas is going to step it up this season. Some people need to give him a break, it was his first season back and he had to adjust to a new system.

Modric is brilliant but I think Cesc proved plenty of times in the Premiership that he's more than capable of doing what Modric does or better.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I think Fabregas is going to step it up this season. Some people need to give him a break, it was his first season back and he had to adjust to a new system.

Modric is brilliant but I think Cesc proved plenty of times in the Premiership that he's more than capable of doing what Modric does or better.

I love how Cesc had to adjust to a system when the argument I kept heard about why we "need" Cesc over an alternative was because he's already comfortable via the la masia factor.

(Though it must be said that Cesc is a significantly better player than Modric, and I say this as a massive Cesc hater. But Cesc is not a central midfielder, so I'm not sure where the comparison comes from)

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
I think some people were greatly mistaken in that regard, I mean how long was he at Arsenal for? At least 5 years. He also went their young when he still had a great deal to learn about the game.

UberNjufer

I love how Cesc had to adjust to a system when the argument I kept heard about why we "need" Cesc over an alternative was because he's already comfortable via the la masia factor.

(Though it must be said that Cesc is a significantly better player than Modric, and I say this as a massive Cesc hater. But Cesc is not a central midfielder, so I'm not sure where the comparison comes from)
you 've mentioned that in all your posts as an argumet for some reason,and in no way is cesc better player than modrić.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
you 've mentioned that in all your posts as an argumet for some reason,and in no way is cesc better player than modrić.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea that I'm pretending to be objective or anything, and I don't think Cesc is an exceptional player by any means.

UberNjufer

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea that I'm pretending to be objective or anything, and I don't think Cesc is an exceptional player by any means.
you are actually doing just that.If cesc is not an 'exceptional player by any means' where does that place modrić in your objective view.Maybe scot parker level than?

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
you are actually doing just that.If cesc is not an 'exceptional player by any means' where does that place modrić in your objective view.Maybe scot parker level than?

Well he's certainly better than Scott Parker. I don't see him offering Madrid much of anything besides a backup for Xabi. Modric is a good footballer (especially compared to someone like Parker), but he's not a game changer. A team like the Spurs is the perfect level for him.

Cesc on the other hand regularly creates something out of nothing, even if he's sloppy and hard to fit into a formation.

It was Ozil, not Modric, who made sense signed for Barca over Cesc. Modric is inferior to Busquets, let alone Xavi and Iniesta.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans