Luka Modric

Joan

Him and Rakitic are the finest midfielders of the tournament and his goal against Argentina is just the tip of the iceberg. Been running the show consistently for club and country. What's wrong with the Ballon d'or, it's based on yearly performances, and you had to bring up Xavi. :facepalm:

If he wins the world cup, then he deserves it.

Taking everything out of context. Go read my post again.

I said that people all of a sudden after few solid performances started overrating him. That's why I bring up Xavi. Because that's what I hear.

Also, about winning Ballon d'Or, I never said he wouldn't deserve it, I said he hadn't yet.

Joan

Apart from Coutinho and Modric no player has been consistent as of yet . You can quote me later if i am wrong, but he is one big match away from winning it . Scored the pen vs Nigeria , Screamer vs Argentina , Was excellent yesterday . Showed nerves to take the pen despite missing one . Basically he and Rakitic has been covering the vulnerability of Croatian defense .

I didn't say he wasn't. I said maybe.

It's still too early to tell, imo. For my part, he hasn't done enough to secure anything, let alone the award. But I was referring to people overrating him now after a few solid performances.

dakt

Easily the best Croatian player in history and overall one of the all time great.

36441891_960825927422553_1991824562790072320_n.jpg

36501993_960826014089211_6960285233799233536_n.jpg

36542633_960826120755867_924695124410105856_n.jpg

ronniecro

i rate him as our greatest player of all time for sure. still not my favourite one though,boban was my idol since my youngest days

Total-Football

impossible to hate on a guy like modric.. And he plays like the best in the world this year and he is the truly worthy of the honor. save whatever credibiliy left ballon d'or still has and give it to this player.

defyqa

Nah, not really the same class as Ronaldo, Messi, Cristiano, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, do I need to go on? Same as Cannavaro.

Morten

Nah, not really the same class as Ronaldo, Messi, Cristiano, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, do I need to go on? Same as Cannavaro.

Pretty much all of those players you compared him to are attackers, not really a comparison that can be made, Modric is a CM.

Morten

Those are ex balon winners. You can add Xavi & Iniesta, who did not win it and my point still stands.

Xavi and/or Iniesta definitely deserved a ballon dor each, i would say, but it didnt happen, unfortunately, and it wont happen to Modric either.
Ballon dor favor attackers, for better or worse, its just the way it is.

Morten

Had a bad first half, i felt like he grew into the game as it passed on though, some great runs forward.
Anyways, thats the 2nd lucky penalty in a row, why is he their main penalty taker :lol:

Home of Barca Fans