Luka Jović

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Linked with us again, this time by Sport. Maxi Gomez looks like he's off to West Ham anyway and, if not that, RM are supposedly interested in him too and I'd rather not get in a bidding war with them

If Jovic comes and proves that he can eventually take over Suarez's starting spot, we will have our core locked down for the next 10+ years. As they get better, Messi can take his foot off the gas more and more, focusing on later CL rounds and getting the Ronaldo luxury of being able to win titles without carrying a bulk of the load.

If Dembouz becomes a Balon Dor level player and our mids are world class, Messi can even get carried himself to some titles for a change

Messi983

Don't know why Maxi would go to West Ham now, it's better to wait until summer and hope bigger clubs would come after him.

Also, he has a 50M release clause so there won't be a bidding war for him.

Messi983

I'm reading now that Arnautović has decided to stay at West Ham so don't think they are still in for Maxi anyway.

Arizona Scott

His assist numbers (per game, per goal goal scored) are really low. They are like selfish serie A #9 level. Significantly lower than Werner and Pepe.

Not saying be all end all, I don't know the scheme or quality of his fellow players, but a little but disturbing when for Barca unselfishness in attribute #1.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
His assist numbers (per game, per goal goal scored) are really low. They are like selfish serie A #9 level. Significantly lower than Werner and Pepe.

Not saying be all end all, I don't know the scheme or quality of his fellow players, but a little but disturbing when for Barca unselfishness in attribute #1.

Jovic has more assists than Werner this season in the Bundesliga. And that too is with a fair amount fewer minutes than Werner. They're also practically the same in key passes.

Not that Jovic is a standout passer by any means but he shows a fair share of skill on the ball and is by no means significantly behind Werner in playmaking. Why do you always talk about data when it doesn't actually support your argument? Lol

Arizona Scott

Jovic has more assists than Werner this season in the Bundesliga. And that too is with a fair amount fewer minutes than Werner. They're also practically the same in key passes.

Not that Jovic is a standout passer by any means but he shows a fair share of skill on the ball and is by no means significantly behind Werner in playmaking. Why do you always talk about data when it doesn't actually support your argument? Lol

I wasn't making stuff up or cherry picking--I was looking at like last 3 years data with 1st tier football. Let me see if I can find my notes. I have not agenda or attachment to any of these guys.

Arizona Scott

Bundesliga stats, from transfermarket, slected among 1st tier competition:

Werner (age 22, 2.5 seasons). Matches 82, goals 45, assists 17
Jovic (age 21, 1.5 seasons). Matches 39, goals 21, assists 5

Goals/game, Werner .55 & Jovic .54. Assist/game .21 & .13, assist/goal .38 & .24.

Of course this isn't the whole picture, just a slice. They have different teammates and potentially different systems, I also know Jovic is about 20 months earlier. Jovic could be a 1 year wonder, or he could be growing while Werner is stalled.

You know I change my mind. Barca absolutely should go in for Jovic and no one else. He shares my birthday, December 23rd!

Joan

SjaDzomP.jpg

tenor.gif

Home of Barca Fans