Luka Jović

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
[tw]1107664124002091010[/tw]

Beautiful through ball pre assist just a couple of days ago with his "weak" foot. On top of all the flashes of good combination play and composure on the ball with his back to goal.

I dare [MENTION=20770]Raketa10[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] to keep uttering his name in the same breath as Paco. That idea was conjured out of nowhere, with pretty much nothing to back it up, and yet it still seems like people are stubborn enough to keep parroting it like it's anywhere near the truth.

The Serbia coach the other day likened him a lot to Suarez in his balance, strength, agility, and deadliness in the final 3rd. At his age the likes of Suarez/Lewa/etc. were completely unknowns as footballers and yet just because people are too proud to admit their shortsightedness, Jovic is now compared to Paco who is almost 4 years older and has never shown an ounce of the ball skills that Jovic shows now. Lmao.

Edit: for the price and timeline I'd certainly take Jovic over Griezmann. No drama or bad history, and Jovic won't be used to bench Dembele the way that I'm certain EV would use Griezmann.

Last edited:

raki

Beautiful through ball pre assist just a couple of days ago with his "weak" foot. On top of all the flashes of good combination play and composure on the ball with his back to goal.

I dare [MENTION=20770]Raketa10[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] to keep uttering his name in the same breath as Paco. That idea was conjured out of nowhere, with pretty much nothing to back it up, and yet it still seems like people are stubborn enough to keep parroting it like it's anywhere near the truth.

The Serbia coach the other day likened him a lot to Suarez in his balance, strength, agility, and deadliness in the final 3rd. At his age the likes of Suarez/Lewa/etc. were completely unknowns as footballers and yet just because people are too proud to admit their shortsightedness, Jovic is now compared to Paco who is almost 4 years older and has never shown an ounce of the ball skills that Jovic shows now. Lmao.

Edit: for the price and timeline I'd certainly take Jovic over Griezmann. No drama or bad history, and Jovic won't be used to bench Dembele the way that I'm certain EV would use Griezmann.

They say that because they dont see him play.

serghei

We seem to be doing business quickly and better regarding players. What has changed? Is Barto getting better, is it Abidal, or what?

clemente

People calling him skillless is laughable, Salah also was just a pacewhore before he joined Liverpool, you don't just score the most goals in Bundes playing for Frankfurt at 22 without being exceptionally skilled, half this forum probably never even heard of his team before.

BBZ8800

At his age the likes of Suarez/Lewa/etc. were completely unknowns as footballers and yet just because people are too proud to admit their shortsightedness

From fact's point of view:
Luka Jovic, born December 1997, which means that he is 21 years and 3 Months old today.
Luis Suarez, born in January 1987. He had 21 years and 3 Months (exact age of a current Jovic) in April of 2008.

So, that means that in a season 2007-08, Suarez was actually slightly younger than a current Jovic.

Let's use our time-machine, travel to 2007-08 and check this:
completely unknowns as footballers

Havesaks

People calling him skillless is laughable, Salah also was just a pacewhore before he joined Liverpool, you don't just score the most goals in Bundes playing for Frankfurt at 22 without being exceptionally skilled, half this forum probably never even heard of his team before.

He hasn't scored most goals in Bundesliga. He is second, 3 goals behind Lewa. Don't know the player (edit: don't watch his games i mean besides highlights) - 5 goals one game, and 10 goals in 23 matches. Not bad stats, but the aren't mind-blowing or close to that. Scoring aside - has he developed through the season, and whats his profile like? Is he really like Suarez as CF with us?

clemente

He hasn't scored most goals in Bundesliga. He is second, 3 goals behind Lewa. Don't know the player (edit: don't watch his games i mean besides highlights) - 5 goals one game, and 10 goals in 23 matches. Not bad stats, but the aren't mind-blowing or close to that. Scoring aside - has he developed through the season, and whats his profile like? Is he really like Suarez as CF with us?

Yes very complete, 2 footed, faster than Suarez.

gasgas

.................mats
roberto..de ligt..lenglet...alba
...............busi
de jong........arthur
......messi
...dembele..jovic

Raketa10

The Serbian manager today referred to him as the new Suarez. !!

LoooooL! Some people in Croatia referred to Halilovic as the new Messi! Some people in Barcelona referred to Krkic as a new Messi also. Some people in Portugal referred to Joao Felix as a new Ronaldo. Please don't use that as an argument. :lol:

Beautiful through ball pre-assist just a couple of days ago with his "weak" foot. On top of all the flashes of good combination play and composure on the ball with his back to goal.

And this 16 sec video and one pre-assist is a proof of what exactly? :facepalm: I am not a hater but FFS calm down a bit. As things stand right now we will buy him and I hope he will prove himself here but I sincerely doubt he'll bench Suarez any time soon. I agree on the Griezmann part though.

I also don't get this Paco bashing. Paco is a very good player who was called up for Spain NT who are a much stronger team than Serbian NT at the age of 21 so comparing him to Paco shouldn't be considered as an assault FFS! Playing No.9 for Barca is something else though, you need to be on another level for that and one pre-assist proves nothing my friend.

Last edited:

D10S_JC

Most of the centre striker of the top teams is over 30. We can see the scarcity of number 9.

Jovic may end up like Paco 2.0 in Barca. But it's worth to try him if he's not over 50m.

Home of Barca Fans