Date of Birth: Mar 22, 1997 (2)
Height: 1,87 m
Citizenship: Brazil, Italy
Position: Centre-back
Foot: Right
Current club: SS Lazio
Contract expires: 30.06.2022

Another CB we're considering.

Barcelona are reportedly considering a move for Lazio central defender Luiz Felipe ahead of the start of the 2020-21 campaign.

The Brazilian U23 joined the Serie A side from his boyhood club Ituano in 2016, and he has established himself as a consistent and versatile option so far this season.

Luiz agreed a new deal in March 2018. with his current deal at the Stadio Olimpico set to expire in 2022.

However, despite his immediate future being committed to the club, Barcelona are confident of securing a potential deal in the region of €20M.

https://www.football-espana.net/2020/03/14/barcelona-eye-move-for-lazios-luiz-felipe

[youtube]us0S2aRGMOQ[/youtube]

LABarcaFan

Yesterday, I have been watching videos of Luiz Felipe and don't think he is a good fit for Barcelona. He gets pretty rough when taking the ball away. In La Liga, he will get a lot of red cards. It will be a big risk, but if the board have decided to get him, then I will suggest to partner him with his compatriot and U23 team-mate Rodrigo Caio. For better communication purposes.

xXKonan

I don't watch him so I don't know his strengths and weaknesses are.

But is he different from the likes of Pique and Lenglet? We really need CB's who are not only gifted on the ball but also athletic as well.

vuji_31

He confirmed that Barcelona is watching him , and he is really excited about that .

Don't know good is he, but should be upgrade on Umtiti.

Porque

Lazio were having a hot season and he looks good. It doesn't have to be Upamecano or nothing. Let's not forget that many rated Konate above Dayot before his horrible injury.

I like having Luiz Felipe as an option.

LABarcaFan

I don't watch him so I don't know his strengths and weaknesses are.

But is he different from the likes of Pique and Lenglet? We really need CB's who are not only gifted on the ball but also athletic as well.

Yes, he is lot different than Pique and Lenglet. The guy is very athletic and faster, but very brutal at the same time. I don't think we should even consider someone like him. Our 3 options for CB have to be :

1. Dayot Upamecano

2. Ibrahima Konate

3. Ruben Dias

Home of Barca Fans