Luis Suárez

The Observer

This has to be one of the biggest trollings ever, we just got rid of him as he is too bad and then this man leads our rival to the title.

Not Suarez' fault people here live in their own little alternative reality. He scored 16 and assisted 8 in 22 games last season for Barca in the league. Also scored 5 and assisted 2 in 6 CL games, including being the only threat and goalscorer against Bayern. Telepathic partnership with Messi. Easily one of the least to blame for anything. If he had a cleaner touch, better CL away KO record in a dysfunctional team that collectively gets wrecked everytime and higher workrate at his age he would factually be the best striker of all time.

Suarez and Messi were the only elite things about Barca in the past few years. But there is this weird psychological illness spreading around these days where the most obvious facts are disputed and alternative realities are established ("Mats saved Barca, De Jong is the best, Messi is holding everyone back" lol) in which first Suarez was apparently holding Barca back and this season it was all directed towards Messi. I don't know, maybe people feel special that way.

I bet Barca still finish higher than Atletico....

I take this bet. Only 12 points difference between Atletico and Barca last season when their top scorer was Morata with 12 goals. Bring it on.

You've got yourself a deal. What do you want to bet?!

I personally think a soon to be 34 year old Suarez despite how much injustice he might feel has dropped way too many shite performances in the last 18 months for me to be concerned.

100 Euros to the charity of my choice from you if I win and vice versa (obviously the bet is off if he gets an ACL injury or something like that).

0.73 goals per game in the last 3 seasons in La Liga. Atletico didn't have a striker like that in ages. Morata was their main goalscorer. :lol: So many 0-0s last season which Suarez can easily flip for Atletico while Barca will have Griezmann on the end of Messi's passes. Feeling confident. :rockon:

Easy money for the children cancer foundation of my choice. Cheers.

jj_101

sorry you lot, but there is no universe in which giving a direct rival your main striker, who is now leading the pichichi race, and for free, while we sit ~16 points behind that rival, is a 'good decision'. it just cant be justified.
Don't forget that Barca is still paying for half his wages. That's the cherry on top.

Messigician

Not Suarez' fault people here live in their own little alternative reality. He scored 16 and assisted 8 in 22 games last season for Barca in the league. Also scored 5 and assisted 2 in 6 CL games, including being the only threat and goalscorer against Bayern. Telepathic partnership with Messi. Easily one of the least to blame for anything. If he had a cleaner touch, better CL away KO record in a dysfunctional team that collectively gets wrecked everytime and higher workrate at his age he would factually be the best striker of all time.

Suarez and Messi were the only elite things about Barca in the past few years. But there is this weird psychological illness spreading around these days where the most obvious facts are disputed and alternative realities are established ("Mats saved Barca, De Jong is the best, Messi is holding everyone back" lol) in which first Suarez was apparently holding Barca back and this season it was all directed towards Messi. I don't know, maybe people feel special that way.

Make sure to send proof u actually donated will be holding u to that.

fergus90

And come May, I will be more than happy to donate to a great cause.

Nazario1985

Bunch of people think going after the big names makes them look important on the internet, even if they think the opposite ... someone is having a rough life !!!

Basically they cycle the same ideas :

2020 Myth : Messi is holding back the team
Reality : this club wouldn't cut it to top 5 without him since years

2021 Myth : it was the right decision to let Suarez go

Reality : Griezmann/Braithwaite

Blackened

He is such a pro. He gets along with everybody and doesnt complain. As much as he is an intense animal on the field, I bet he is a calm, humble man off.

Gari

If we don't even win anything, but we don't lose 2: 8, then this season will be better than the last one with Suarez.

Nazario1985

If we don't even win anything, but we don't lose 2: 8, then this season will be better than the last one with Suarez.

Yes that's the spirit just stay low and play against grenada will feels much better.

And it's sure Suarez & Messi are the obvious reason we lost 2:8

JamDav1982

Yes that's the spirit just stay low and play against grenada will feels much better.

And it's sure Suarez & Messi are the obvious reason we lost 2:8

The lack of legs from Suarez and Messi in that game up top was a major issue.

One of many.

Barca won nothing and finished second with them last season so not much to lose in comparison.

Home of Barca Fans