Luis Suárez

serghei

Massive massive goal this was. One of the most important goals he scored for us in his career, probably just under the one he scored in Berlin.

Havesaks

So funny liverpool fans and players actually think our second goal was luck, that crossbar-assist to messi was pure class. Always has something special up his sleeve.

Potroh

So funny liverpool fans and players actually think our second goal was luck, that crossbar-assist to messi was pure class. Always has something special up his sleeve.

And they are right because the second goal was very lucky indeed...
Suarez didn't even want to shot, while moving his KNEE accidentally touched the ball and that's how it went to the post...
Watch it again...

Horatio

You're welcome
Not underestimating, Ajax play one of the best football in Europe at this moment, but experience usually beats in this kind of matches..anyway surprises can always happen of course.

Barca will play great football against Ajax and be more clinical in the finish.
It will be similar as to how Barca played against Sevilla in Copa.

serghei

If we go through on Tuesday, Ajax or Tottenham can't be underestimated. And considering we'll play them in a final, they won't be. Teams like Madrid and Barca don't just play finals. They win them.

Moe

powered by;
Suarez didn't even want to shot, while moving his KNEE accidentally touched the ball and that's how it went to the post...
Watch it again...

I don't know if you're serious but it looks like it. You do realise that the ball didn't accidentally hit his knee, he clearly meant to shoot it that way. He knew he didn't have enough time to control the ball, just as Messi knew he had enough time to control the rebound.

Suarez' awareness and instinct is criminally underrated here.

malvolio

I've said before the game that the other attackers should step up if we want to get to the final and the drunken donkey dully delivered. Hats off to him for that

Havesaks

Watch it again...

Just a joke man.

But are you sure he didnt use his knee intentionally to score? Sure looked that way.

MessiTBE

Banned
We will never find another Suarez again, his desire his passion his fire his work rate. Let’s make the most of him. Legend player.

Galaxyman

I found this on twitter. These are facts, not opinions.

“Thierry Henry at 32: playing in MLS
Samuel Eto'o at 32: playing in Russia

Meanwhile, Luis Suárez scores in a Champions League semifinal at the same age, playing against arguably the best defense in Europe this season.”

(I’d add his still incredible form in international football. I really think Suarez could have won the World Cup had Cavani not been injured. His performance vs. Portugal was actually incredible.)

MTL_Barca

Well he's 32 not 42 :lol: It's not that uncommon to play on a high level at that age even for Strikers.

Many current big teams play 30+ yo strikers right now with Lewandowski, Aguero and Benzema who are all only like 1-1,5 years younger than Suarez. Cavani and Mandzukic also still regulary start the same age.

Important goal but let's not forget he didn't score for ages in CL so it was bound to happen sooner or later. Luckily it was in the most crucial moment of the season :)

kilian

Watch it again...

I suggest you watch it again. He has his eyes on the ball and makes a deliberate movement of his knee to kick the ball. Definitely not accidental.

Galaxyman

I suggest you watch it again. He has his eyes on the ball and makes a deliberate movement of his knee to kick the ball. Definitely not accidental.

I agree. Suarez has done that type of finish before vs. Arsenal in the CL when he (last second) improvised and finished with his shin of all things.

PS. I loved how he was such a jerk to Liverpool all game. Even when playing badly, he was always a presence; constantly standing up for his teammates.

Home of Barca Fans