Luis Suárez

KingLeo10

[youtube]ixhjhCmfsvc[/youtube]

this is what he used to be when he signed for us. was the 2nd best player in the world that season IMO. just look at that fitness, that physicality, that finishing, that hunger. compare that to the tame man that he is today.

Nothanks

I think we're being a bit harsh on him, the rest might be a good thing

he was injured early September

played for Uruguay September 5th
played for us September 9th AND September 12th against juve
and against getafe that weekend.. September 16th

this is the first time he'll have 7 days rest (this weekend)

it's been 14 days since he came back from injury and in those 14 days he played 4 games.. like i said maybe rest would be a good thing.

Last edited:

jj_101

The way he's been told to play at Barcelona is creating a lot of bad habits. He spends 85% of the time in an offside position waiting for the play to come to him. It just creates a lazy player. He never played like that for any other team. Hard to imagine how he can feel 'IN THE GAME' when he spends the vast majority of the time 6 yards offside.

Total-Football

Suarez is a beast, and a beast is most dangerous when wounded. I hope we keep him in the bench until we have wounded his pride; that will make him go back to his previous self.

defyqa

Is it a coincidence he became shit right after signing a new contract which will last him until the retirement age of 34?

Potroh

Is it a coincidence he became shit right after signing a new contract which will last him until the retirement age of 34?

To simply put: Suarez scored 29 goals last season, 4 more than Ronaldo did.
For those minds only caring for goal-scoring, it is not a bad figure, he stood 2nd right after Messi, so quite a few teams would accept such a "shit" in their teams.

Of course it is a different matter how awkward he became with the ball recently, but it may have several seasons, including overweight, age, injuries and before all the fact that Neymar has left, which dismantled his usual position, style, etc.

Rare occasion that I disagree with [MENTION=20741]Total-Football[/MENTION] but this time I feel that "punishing" him is not the right path. If he is a beast (as he definitely is) it will just make him more nervous and unsettled, so before all he needs is the confidence that he lost by losing the known MSN-system.
He knows what to do when he is in a goal-scoring position and does it extremely well. But when it comes to other tasks, he needs to know what to do, which he doesn't not at present.
So it is the task of the coach to deal with his mental problems... and hence Dembele's unexpected fall came at a very bad time even for him.

Valverde is experimenting with a different attacking-strategy (once again based on Messi) and that is why he opted for others than Alcacer if Suarez was rested. He wants a more flexible attacking formation, where Suarez (the born scorer) doesn't exactly fit at present.

Last edited:

Sasuke85

He knows what to do when he is in a goal-scoring position and does it extremely well. But when it comes to other tasks, he needs to know what to do, which he doesn't not at present.

Have you watched his recent games? Because if you have, I doubt that you would say something like this.

Total-Football

I feel that "punishing" him is not the right path. If he is a beast (as he definitely is) it will just make him more nervous and unsettled, so before all he needs is the confidence that he lost by losing the known MSN-system.

Valverde is experimenting with a different attacking-strategy .. where Suarez (the born scorer) doesn't exactly fit at present.

ok let's say benching is not a good idea.. But how about the second dilemma, the one which you hinted at in the last part ? if he doesn't fit the "new ideas" than how can we play him again ? what would you suggest ?

Valverde should put him on a special diet and individual training plan. He shouldn't be considered as an option anymore until he learns the fundamentals of the game again and improves his fitness. The fatass has gotten complacent over the years, time to put him into boot camp and revive his hunger.

Home of Barca Fans