Luis Suárez

serghei

As long as he produces the numbers, he is doing a big part of his job. Let's not act as if goals don't matter. He scored 3 this week, all of them beauties. That's huge. The problems appear when he isn't producing the goods, because he doesn't have much influence outside his great goals. So he better keep 'em coming or his ass should be on the bench.

Centauri B

As long as he produces the numbers, he is doing a big part of his job. Let's not act as if goals don't matter. He scored 3 this week, all of them beauties. That's huge. The problems appear when he isn't producing the goods, because he doesn't have much influence outside his great goals. So he better keep 'em coming or his ass should be on the bench.

This is exactly the dilemma with Suarez. What do we do with him? We keep his fat ass on the pitch waiting for that spectacular goal(s) to come, or do we bench him for Griez?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

Not to mention, two of them goals were crucial... He opened the can in games we were getting destroyed by opposition, which seems to be the norm these days...

Centauri B

Not to mention, two of them goals were crucial... He opened the can in games we were getting destroyed by opposition, which seems to be the norm these days...

All 3 of them were super-crucial.

We were facing a disastrous defeat at the hands of Inter in the CL and he equalized with an unbelievable volley from range. Then, he fully capitalized on Messi's brilliant assist and gifted us the win with the clock running out.

Tonight, Sevilla had the upper hand for almost 30mns, and Suarez comes up with an obscene scissor kick that gave us the (undeserved) lead and broke Sevilla's spirit.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Great goal, seems like the last skill he has retained is his knack for hitting ridiculous volleys. He deserves to keep starting for now, but on the season I don't think ANY player in the front 3 save for Messi is worth a locked down spot as a starter. Suarez/Griez/Ansu/Dembele should all be rotated plenty (maybe less for Griez if we were to actually play him in the right role)

Zidane82

He’s not playing well at all yet he’s still capable of scoring great goals .. fabulous left footer tonight and a brilliant right footed volley the other day

ronniecro

very glad for him,hopefully this week will give him boost to continue on like this. i still wouldn't use him 90 mins every match though,he must be rotated more frequently this season

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Great goal, seems like the last skill he has retained is his knack for hitting ridiculous volleys. He deserves to keep starting for now, but on the season I don't think ANY player in the front 3 save for Messi is worth a locked down spot as a starter. Suarez/Griez/Ansu/Dembele should all be rotated plenty (maybe less for Griez if we were to actually play him in the right role)

Agreed. I love Suarez but even I can see his touch has been poor a good majority of the time but his overall talent is so outrageous that he can still manufacture the spectacular out of seemingly nothing. Atm, we have only one other player who can do that. Still believe he is best as an impact sub (last 30 minutes of game)

Andresito

Staff member
As long as he keeps scoring he should play this season. We don't really have an option on the bench.
I don't think Griezmann as #9 would be much better, but I'd like to see it tested first before it's fully written off.

Home of Barca Fans