Luis Suárez

Morten

One poor game? He's done from December 2016, when he got his new juicy "until retirement"/2021 contract.

His previous two WC games were quite good. I guess some people expected Suarez to drag his side past France by himself, despite being worse in nearly every position, and missing Cavani. It doesnt work like that.

FC433

Although he lost some of his quality, I do not think we should get rid of him just yet. Only because we do not have any other options out there. Icardi is the only one that is available and good, but he is a bit too limited for us. He is ineffective outside the box and can never dribble.

There is obviously Dybala, Werner and maybe Immobile, but I do not think any of them is what we need.

Mertens seems like a decent option.

Raketa10

I can uderstand that he is declining but for the love of God I can’t understand why are we tolerating his weight? He needs to lose some weight ASAP! FFS force him to lose 5kg in preseason and it would positively impact his game for sure!

Last edited:

Kuchi

He is done, if anything this wc was as clear of a sign as you can get.

It's not about motivation (south americans do or die for their national teams in world cups) so him being motivated to lose weight and fight for Barca is delusional.

He will continue to tap in or score a fraction of the chances Messi will set up for him, while most of the time fuck up build up plays with this poor control and touch, act like a total asshole (scream at everyone, dive and so on).

Real are selling ronaldo, as this is prolly the best time to do that, as they can still cash in and he isnt completely useless..while we are literally stuck with him, moreover stuck with him as a starter (f u valverde for being spineless) for one more year, out of the total 3 that messi has left.

Donatello

Agreed. Now is the time to cash him in, before he horribly declines and he becomes a liability.

He is not irreplaceable, there are many better, younger and faster alternatives present in the market.

Pepe Silvia

His one twos with Messi are super sick... He knows "when" to pass in the box and his workrate his great. His speed decline needs to be addressed though. He is a fatboy now.

Shinwari22

I don't think I can do another season with this guy. Holding back our attack and team so much, we really need an alternative !!! Despite Arthur, it seems like we are looking into the wrong players (eg Willian). Man our transfers really need to pick up, hopefully after the WC. We need midfielders and an attacker, but knowing Barto we won't get shit

DAMNit

His one twos with Messi are super sick... He knows "when" to pass in the box and his workrate his great. His speed decline needs to be addressed though. He is a fatboy now.

Anybody can form a partnership with Messi. We saw that with Dinho,Eto,Villa. It,s nothing new or exceptional.
Suarez is done!

Pepe Silvia

Anybody can form a partnership with Messi. We saw that with Dinho,Eto,Villa. It,s nothing new or exceptional.
Suarez is done!
Yeah but consistently the way Suarez has?? Not so sure. We do need options, I'm just not positive the best thing to do is get rid of him without exploring all options to get the best out of he and Messi/Dembele/Coutinho etc.

Home of Barca Fans