Luis Suárez

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He never was that bad. Wasn‘t fully fit and had problems to find the goal, there is no striker that hasn‘t experienced a period where he has problems to score. But of cours some here in this forum would do a lot bettet than him.

He was that bad. His control and touch were woeful and killed off many of our attacks. Fortunately he is back to his best.

khaled_a_d

He never was that bad. Wasn‘t fully fit and had problems to find the goal, there is no striker that hasn‘t experienced a period where he has problems to score. But of cours some here in this forum would do a lot bettet than him.

He was that bad, Suarez struggled with the basics and not just scoring. he was atrocious to say at least and people had the right to be angry

Neimax

He was that bad. His control and touch were woeful and killed off many of our attacks. Fortunately he is back to his best.

But name one striker who hasn‘t experienced such a period. Strikers are often very sensitive when they don‘t score like they normally do, as they start to overthink it. And thats a problem, especially for an instinct player like Suàrez. A lot of people here said he will never make it again and that he is too old and so on and that was pure overreaction.

All I wanted to say with my sarcasmic comment is that a few of us mustn‘t overreact that much. All the players are only human, it is normal that tjey face some problems. Same with Dembélé now, you can see that he has loads of talent, but hes still a little bit mentally blocked due to his injuries and due to the new environment. You can critizise a performance of a player, but it‘s not ok to treat him like an idiot who can‘t even pass a ball without pressure like some here did with Suàrez at the start of the season or with Dembélé now.

PS.: his touch will never be the best, and he will always miscontrol a few easy balls, but we know that he has other strenghts ;)

Last edited:

jamrock

Class
Is
Permanent

What people need to do is chill the F out more and just wait for the cream to raise to the top.

Much like a turd is always a turd, no matter how much time you give it to turn into a diamond, the turds know themselves.

Messi983

Someone on reddit commented he should've taken off his shirt after scoring the hattrick. lol

Yeah, this would be the easiest way to get a yellow but too disrespectful to Girona. Even Penaldo wouldn't do something like this with 6-1 lead. Also, I don't remember Suarez ever taking off his shirt even after he scored much more important goals. Maybe he should go celebrate with fans in the stands like Diego Costa did.

Anyway, it was funny to watch him chasing that card. He should start trying to get one in 70th minute though not in the last. :D Though with his playing style it's possible he'd also get 2nd yellow with 20 minutes more to play and knowing Spanish federation they'd probably give him 2 match ban so this wouldn't be ideal either. :lol:

henias

But name one striker who hasn‘t experienced such a period. Strikers are often very sensitive when they don‘t score like they normally do, as they start to overthink it. And thats a problem, especially for an instinct player like Suàrez. A lot of people here said he will never make it again and that he is too old and so on and that was pure overreaction.

All I wanted to say with my sarcasmic comment is that a few of us mustn‘t overreact that much. All the players are only human, it is normal that tjey face some problems. Same with Dembélé now, you can see that he has loads of talent, but hes still a little bit mentally blocked due to his injuries and due to the new environment. You can critizise a performance of a player, but it‘s not ok to treat him like an idiot who can‘t even pass a ball without pressure like some here did with Suàrez at the start of the season or with Dembélé now.

PS.: his touch will never be the best, and he will always miscontrol a few easy balls, but we know that he has other strenghts ;)

Actually he is one of the strikers with some of the best touches and control I have ever seen. Fused with deadly and clinical finishing, vision and ingenuity, he is the best number 9 in today's era. His works in Liverpool are clear evidences of that. Also, his goal against Madrid back in 2015 is a work of beauty.

Not to mention his pure hunger and determination for goals.

Not even Griezmann can match him on that, close control, touch, intelligent dribbling and reading of spaces. Griezmann is definitely faster, that's all.

Suarez was actually that bad at the start of the season, he was losing and mispassing every ball that got to him.

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah, this would be the easiest way to get a yellow but too disrespectful to Girona. Even Penaldo wouldn't do something like this with 6-1 lead. Also, I don't remember Suarez ever taking off his shirt even after he scored much more important goals. Maybe he should go celebrate with fans in the stands like Diego Costa did.

Anyway, it was funny to watch him chasing that card. He should start trying to get one in 70th minute though not in the last. :D Though with his playing style it's possible he'd also get 2nd yellow with 20 minutes more to play and knowing Spanish federation they'd probably give him 2 match ban so this wouldn't be ideal either. :lol:

He ripped his jersey apart in a game where Camp Nou was empty. He was so upset the way he was playing, so he ripped his jersey.

Neimax

Actually he is one of the strikers with some of the best touches and control I have ever seen. Fused with deadly and clinical finishing, vision and ingenuity, he is the best number 9 in today's era. His works in Liverpool are clear evidences of that. Also, his goal against Madrid back in 2015 is a work of beauty.

Not to mention his pure hunger and determination for goals.

Not even Griezmann can match him on that, close control, touch, intelligent dribbling and reading of spaces. Griezmann is definitely faster, that's all.

Suarez was actually that bad at the start of the season, he was losing and mispassing every ball that got to him.

I agree with you that he has been the best No. 9 in recent years ( followed by Lewandowski), but I don‘t agree regarding the touch. You‘re right that he sometimes controls nearly impossible balls when he is under pressure like the one against Madrid in 2015. But what I meant is that he often miscontrols easy ones when he has time to think too much. Thar wasn‘t meant to critizise him but to make clear that he also has some slumpy controls in his game when he is in form (of course not as many as at the start of the season). The huge amount of miscontrols at the start of the season was because of his insecurity regarding his own game as he began to think too much too often and not because of his decline.

PhilS

He can convert passes to him to quality shots better than any other player. His one-touch ability is matchless, sometimes unbelievable. He is also top-flight for getting in position to receive the killer pass, and no slouch at beating his man and getting his shot. Valverde was so right to stick by him during his cold period at the start of this season.

Yes, he deserved sanction for his transparent efforts to get that yellow last game. It was really funny, though, how that young ref just ignored the shenanigans.

Home of Barca Fans