Luis Enrique

serghei

What about Sevilla's double then treble in the Europa League in Lucho's time ?

Oh yeah, about that... one reason why they made that treble in Europa League, and didn't stop at two, is because they weren't good enough to get past the Champions League group stage in 2015-16. They made the double as well in 2006-2007 in UEFA Cup. And probably the only reason they didn't win it in 2008 as well was because they were too good in the Champions League, getting past the groups in that year. You see, these things happened before. Sevilla and other spanish teams doing great in Europa League. Only new thing in a long time is Atletico joining Barcelona and Real in level of play. New as in not seen since Valencia in early 00's. That doesn't mean the rest of the league is harder than it was during Pep's days or even before that.

Last edited:

seems like i must be writing in my sleep then. you bring up your facts and i bring up the rest, and i'm the one missing things ? :lol:

You're the only one interested in hammering your view PR style, pep is better than lucho (thx for sharing, the opposite was never implied though), pep's team is flatly better than lucho's (which is why you said the comparison is a "problem".

to settle the liga debate: the combined uefa points for spain in 08-10 is 31. In 14-16, it's 44.

serghei

You're the only one interested in hammering your view PR style, pep is better than lucho (thx for sharing, the opposite was never implied though), pep's team is flatly better than lucho's (which is why you said the comparison is a "problem".

to settle the liga debate: the combined uefa points for spain in 08-10 is 31. In 14-16, it's 44.

No-no, you see, Pep's team went from 4th place in La Liga and barely making into the Champions League (not to mention being absolutely humiliated by Madrid), to 6/6 sextuple winners in just a season. It surely didn't loook like he had the best team at the time. He came at Barcelona in a much worse period than Lucho, who came at a team which was extremely close to making a domestic double with Tata Martino. And that was without Suarez mind you and without any top signings, considering Martino took the team on short notice after Tito's cancer relapsed.

Anyway, you seem to not get it. Someone here said it's a fact that Lucho is better than Pep in terms of trophies won after two seasons. I said it's marginally true, marginally because both won the same number of big titles, Lucho won 1 Copa more, and 1 less Supercopa then Pep, but Pep won the sextuple, and that's never been done before. I then said it doesn't mean much anyway, because Pep's best football was played in his 3rd season, and it's pretty useless to take the first two years into consideration when the best Pep football was played in the third season.

Hardly an outrageous opinion. Basically means I don't think Lucho will match Pep's 2010-11 season, so that comparison with Pep (AGAIN, I DIDN'T SET THE SUBJECT, somebody else compared Pep with Lucho) is pretty useless.

So, don't say nobody compared Pep with Lucho, because that's not true. The reason why I intervened was because exactly what you said it didn't happen happened.

Last edited:
Bardh talked about trophies only, you took the opportunity to unleash, starting with that 3rd season style nonsense when the topic was trophies in first two seasons.

Someone here said it's a fact that Lucho is better than Pep in terms of trophies won after two seasons.
100% true, but you couldn't even concede that one.
I then said it doesn't mean much anyway, because Pep's best football was played in his 3rd season, and it's pretty useless to take the first two years into consideration when the best Pep football was played in the third season.
And went straight off topic as the only one discussing the footballing quality
but somebody else compared pep with lucho!! tis true!!
THEY COMPARED TROPHIES GODDAMNIT :lol:

I'm done dude. Keep saying that 10-11 was the best and acting like you're being contradicted, if that's your thing.

Last edited:

serghei

Bardh talked about trophies only, you took the opportunity to unleash, starting with that 3rd season style nonsense when the topic was trophies in first two seasons.

100% true, but you couldn't even concede that one.

And went straight off topic as the only one discussing the footballing quality

THEY COMPARED TROPHIES GODDAMNIT :lol:

I'm done dude. Keep saying that 10-11 was the best and acting like you're being contradicted, if that's your thing.

I said it's marginally true. So I did concede that part, while also mentioning that it is very close between them at that chapter, both having won the same no. of trophies and the same number of important trophies as well.

Trophies don't mean much without looking at how they are won and at the context in which they are won. I'm sorry if I brought the discussion more towards football and less towards mathematics. Or if that bothered you. You shouldn't have replied to my comment, if you think it was off topic. One thing's for sure, I certainly won't refrain from saying that Pep is better than Lucho as a manager, or that Pep's Barcelona was just a superior team from Lucho's Barcelona at pretty much everything (defending, pressing, attacking, lasting legacy, impact in the football world, you name it), if I see or get the impression that people try to imply otherwise. You don't like it? Not my problem, as I didn't offend anyone.

What's the point of saying Lucho has done better than Pep in terms of trophies after two seasons, if not to imply a certain superiority deriving from this? Everybody knows simple maths.

Last edited:

serghei

One thing's for sure, he's known to make managerial mistakes from time to time, but nobody can fault him for not being passionate enough. Even in games like Eibar or Deportivo, you can see him jumping and screaming when we score an important goal. I like that fire in him, he's a winner and a guy who goes all in with his job.

NorthernVictory

I will keep some faith in him, but I expect at least one major trophy this season. Preferably the CL, but I'm OK with La Liga and nothing else as long as RM doesn't win the CL.

Devils

To be honest, I don't have high expectations for this season after winning so much in the last two seasons.

I'll continue to have faith in Lucho though, regardless of what we win (or don't win) this season.

Sorin

Tbh I actually feel that I have more faith in the players. I think we will win a major trophy this season for sure.

Feel kinda 50-50 on Enrique.

Bardh

Wanna bet?

Let's see if Lucho can beat 3 La ligas + 2 Cls.
I am especially curious to see how will Lucho reach the 2nd CL in his reign.

Btw, I am not a fan of Pep at all, I like all our coaches more or less the same (Cruijff, Van Gaal, Rijkaard, Pep, Lucho), each one of them contributed in some area and with lots of trophies.
But still, I don't believe that Lucho's 4 years will be more successful than Pep's 4 years in terms of MAJOR trophies (La liga & CL, plus World club championship to some extent).

I really can't bother to count who won more Cdrs or Spanish supercups or who had more single victories in La liga (stats in CR7's style).

My original bet: Lucho will have more than 14 trophies by the time his fourth year finishes. You're on?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not sure will he even stay after this season. Neymar doesn't look like getting back to his 2015 form, Stegen is being revealed as a blunder making gk, Iniesta hitting veteran age, Busi never starting this a season this bad...

Many things need to improve but then again it was all doom and gloom in January 2015 and we know how that ended :)

Horatio

You're welcome
According to Luis Enrique there is a mole inside the group. His tactical plan against Celta was published in a sports magazine long before the game.

EDIT: Gladbach and not Celta,

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans