Luis Enrique

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
What a pointless argument.

Lucho is our present, and hopefully future for a while..

I like Pep like any other culé, but respect Lucho more, I can see the latter pushing with the same energy for trophies year after year, relentlessly, while Pep tends to flee the scene as soon as it gets harder and trophies aren't falling from the skies anymore...

Can't wait for the moment Pep will come out saying that EPL is actually harder than LaLiga :lol:

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Never claimed Dos Santos played for Pep.

I know it feels like a long time ago (Few pages back) but you claimed Dos Santos was sent out on loan under Pep...We know this is not true, but low & behold you keep denying it

Young players did leave on loans when Pep was at club is my point.

Also there seems to be this belief that Lucho or club selling young players with buy backs is new and wrong. This happened in the past under Pep as well. Players like Gio Dos Santos, Crosas, Romeu all sold for fairly cheap prices with buy backs.

None of this is new.

I said he left in Peps first summer and I would bet anything Pep had a say on him leaving.

First, you didn't say that. Second, you're guessing so again, no facts...per usual

Who are those four veterans CBs and three canters ahead of Botia?

Facts. Know your facts.

Milito, Puyol, Marques, Abidal, Yaya, & Chygrynskiy. Fontas, Bartra & Muniesa for the cantera.

Those of us that were there remember these things.

Remembering what you want to & inventing, not remembering what actually happened

The player Pep sent on loan?

Not seen in same light as Lucho doing it?

Like most things, you don't know your facts, especially with respect to Højbjerg but hey, at least you're consistent

He took Munir away from Barca ;)

Pretty much and Lucho can't get credit for a player who was ascending like a rocket before he ever reached the 1st team - the difference, he actually got to stay with the first team. Low & behold, we see that it actually served the player well...until he was then sold. That's not youth development, that's treating your cantera talent as cattle

JamDav1982

I know it feels like a long time ago (Few pages back) but you claimed Dos Santos was sent out on loan under Pep...We know this is not true, but low & behold you keep denying it

First, you didn't say that. Second, you're guessing so again, no facts...per usual

Facts. Know your facts.

Milito, Puyol, Marques, Abidal, Yaya, & Chygrynskiy. Fontas, Bartra & Muniesa for the cantera.

Remembering what you want to & inventing, not remembering what actually happened

I said decisions to sell players with buy backs and loans were made under Pep as manager. Never said they played under him. Just as I would class Ronaldinho and Deco as sold under Pep even though never played. So try to keep up.

Chyg wasnt a veteran CB and was a player Pep brought in for big money so he clearly wanted a CB thats same summer Botia was loaned. That same season Chyg failed and a number of players after that like Busi, Masch, Adriano were all tried at CB so this idea there was great depth is a lie you are peddling.

You need to learn your facts and Barca history instead if peddling lies.

Pretty much and Lucho can't get credit for a player who was ascending like a rocket before he ever reached the 1st team - the difference, he actually got to stay with the first team. Low & behold, we see that it actually served the player well...until he was then sold. That's not youth development, that's treating your cantera talent as cattle

Haha you didnt want him in the first team a few months ago!

Interesting point of view from you who said Lucho was wrong for keeping Munir in first team squad and wanted him loaned out as doesnt have the characteristics to replace MSN.

Lucho kept him and he developed.

You were wrong then and wrong now.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Haha you didnt want him in the first team a few months ago!

Interesting point of view from you who said Lucho was wrong for keeping Munir in first team squad and wanted him loaned out as doesnt have the characteristics to replace MSN.

I never hid that position (Take note when owning your comments, eh). I would hold the same opinion again today with all things being equal back then - Pedro sold, two newly promoted youth players counted on to be rotating with MSN at that age. It was a nonsensical move and that was clear that depth was needed even then as they saw little playing time once Suarez returned from his ban

Lucho kept him and he developed.

You were wrong then and wrong now.

Reviewing your twisted 'logic', what was gained in 1 season? A youth player was promoted, many believed to be too soon, and did not play much. Somewhere along the line of playing & training behind MSN in practices etc., he showed quality in preseason this year to where he could contribute with the first team with more consistency & lethality. Yet, he was sold.

So, wrong about what? Promoting too soon? No, that would still apply. Wrong about not developing for the 1st team? Seeing that he isn't with the 1st team and has been effectively sold, not wrong there either. Wrong that Lucho trusts the youth and wants to integrate them into the first team? That is an easy answer, even for someone like yourself I suspect

I said decisions to sell players with buy backs and loans were made under Pep as manager. Never said they played under him. Just as I would class Ronaldinho and Deco as sold under Pep even though never played. So try to keep up.

What you meant to write or what you are spinning now? I quoted what you wrote, nothing to interpet there - it's simple & predictable backtracking. Some other poster made the claim that Ronnie & Deco played under Pep that I pointed out was incorrect, are you keeping up?

Chyg wasnt a veteran CB and was a player Pep brought in for big money so he clearly wanted a CB thats same summer Botia was loaned. That same season Chyg failed and a number of players after that like Busi, Masch, Adriano were all tried at CB so this idea there was great depth is a lie you are peddling.

He was a started for Shakthar & Ukraine NT, sounds pretty veteran in most assessments. The lie is pretending you don't know what you are talking about, I quoted the depth both in terms of veterans and cantera kids to which you want to debate whether Chygrinskiy was a veteran or not. Tangential nonsense, typical of your posting.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

You are clutching.

I said transfers were made under Pep.

As were Deco and Ronaldinho despite them never playing for him which seems to be your rules.

There was no depth in CB. You are making that up. Hence why so many players were played there out of position under Pep and there were calls to give likes of Botia a chance.

Pep wanted a new CB. Bought one who was not good enough then in next couple seasons proceeded to players out of position there on a regular basis.

You wanted Munir gone on loan this year now on loan. That's a fact.

Stop lying and learn your Barca history. The Suarez ban ended over a year and a bit before you wanted Munir on loan.

Last edited:

opjeoff

just to clarify , Munir is on loan at Valencia with an option to buy. some members here already think we've sold him which is incorrect.

vukkapor

just to clarify , Munir is on loan at Valencia with an option to buy. some members here already think we've sold him which is incorrect.

If he plays well Valencia will buy him for 12m, if he fails we will get him back and what would we do with him ? Sell him for less then 10m..

opjeoff

If he plays well Valencia will buy him for 12m, if he fails we will get him back and what would we do with him ? Sell him for less then 10m..

there are alot of 'if's, the only thing that is true at this point is that he is on loan until the end of the season at Valencia. no one knows what will happen at the end of the season, some members are speaking like we've already sold him, which i wanted to point out is incorrect.

Devils

Bartomeu: "Luis Enrique contract renewal? At the end of the season we'll talk about this. Maybe in March or April." [rac1]

Why on earth are they leaving it so late? I wonder if Lucho himself asked to wait until to see how this season turns out and then decide from there if he wants to renew or not?

Losing Lucho would be devastating. I'm surprised at the lack of urgency that both Robert and Barto have shown towards this.

ini4ever

Bartomeu: "Luis Enrique contract renewal? At the end of the season we'll talk about this. Maybe in March or April." [rac1]

Why on earth are they leaving it so late? I wonder if Lucho himself asked to wait until to see how this season turns out and then decide from there if he wants to renew or not?

Losing Lucho would be devastating. I'm surprised at the lack of urgency that both Robert and Barto have shown towards this.

I think it's because of Lucho himself pretty much, Coaches nowadays don't see much strength in themselves to lead managing a team for more than 3-4 years.
And i'd understand that, Not anyone would be able to keep players motivated all time especially after they winning many trophies together.

Home of Barca Fans