Luis Enrique

Alarcón

when they have a meeting and Barto asks Lucho why he wants Benatia he'll be like "some guys on Twitter sent me pictures"

DinhoR10

Lucho probably isnt a tactical genius like Pep but quality wise, which is why I believe even with Tata's horrible tactics we still beat Real twice and held our own against a full power Atletico side, we have some of the greatest players of all time in Messi,Iniesta,Xavi(When rested) and Busquets. I believe we could conceivably win it all once we fix all our issues.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Lucho probably isnt a tactical genius like Pep but quality wise, which is why I believe even with Tata's horrible tactics we still beat Real twice and held our own against a full power Atletico side, we have some of the greatest players of all time in Messi,Iniesta,Xavi(When rested) and Busquets. I believe we could conceivably win it all once we fix all our issues.

Pep is a tactical genius, but he's also a bit of a fanatic when it comes to playing style and can be impractical. Lucho is adept when it comes to tactics, and he's not stubborn like Tata with Tiki-Crossa.

Ursegor

World Champion
He doesn't need to be a "tactical genius". He only needs to understand Barca. The most important thing is that he brings back the workrate and intensity and applies the Barca philosophy to play through the middle and involve Messi as much as possible. The rest is the job of the players on the pitch. Confident that he can do it. He has the leadership personality and he knows Barca inside out.

This is how Barca must play (well, preferably finishing the moves as well obviously :lol:). Quick combinations through the middle. Not give ball to Neymar and Alves and see what happens.

My only concern is his man management of senior players and whether he will rotate properly.

JimmyGuitarist

Everyone making all these assumptions. According to what I've read & seen, there's not much to suggest there's huge differences from Pep & Enrique in terms of tactics. Another thing I don't get is people saying it like it'll be a "good thing" if Enrique's more defensive or less of an idealist. Over the years, the coaches who have really had success with Barca have all been those "idealist" types. It sounds like everyone wants a boring coach like Mourinho or... Ranieri (sorry Claudio).

Pep is a tactical genius, but he's also a bit of a fanatic when it comes to playing style and can be impractical. Lucho is adept when it comes to tactics, and he's not stubborn like Tata with Tiki-Crossa.
What I'm saying sounds so obvious & I feel stupid even saying something which I assume is common knowledge amongst Barca fans, But the reason why Barcelona are so recognisable is because of this "he's also a bit of a fanatic when it comes to playing style and can be impractical". That is Barca, the style comes above everything & that's how it should be. Whilst I hated the losses against Inter in 2010 & Chelsea 2012, I still loved Barca's stubbornness in never giving up with winning according to the "playing style".

footyfan

Calma, calma
What I'm saying sounds so obvious & I feel stupid even saying something which I assume is common knowledge amongst Barca fans, But the reason why Barcelona are so recognisable is because of this "he's also a bit of a fanatic when it comes to playing style and can be impractical". That is Barca, the style comes above everything & that's how it should be. Whilst I hated the losses against Inter in 2010 & Chelsea 2012, I still loved Barca's stubbornness in never giving up with winning according to the "playing style".

Sounds like you don't know much about the club yourself. Making a sweeping statement like "This is Barca, style comes above everything else" is rash considering they've played that way for less than 10% of their existence.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Sounds like you don't know much about the club yourself. Making a sweeping statement like "This is Barca, style comes above everything else" is rash considering they've played that way for less than 10% of their existence.

Since cruyff was manager this is the style and it's not changing. It won 4 CLs.

mac10

the "style" is total football cruyff then van gaal then rijkarrd then pep all pretty much the same

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

That's not exactly what I was talking about. Style is good. Style is wonderful. But if, during a match, the style isn't working, we need to be able to change it up on the fly. We should never be beating a dead horse (Tiki-Tata with crosses, for example). And the coach needs to be open-minded enough to allow the players to switch it up if need be.

karthik

Care to tell me how this "style" (whatever that means) was applied from 1995-2007?

The same manner. Dutch coaches were preferred mainly because of the idea of playing a brand of football.

Nothing else was tolerated. *cough* Bobby Robson !

Home of Barca Fans