Luis Enrique

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Mascherano has done well so far, but I would worry about having him against Real Madrid tbh......

Ursegor

World Champion
Leaving aside individual problems like Mascherano man-marking Luiz or Alba having no brains, the biggest problem for me is the general setup of the team. Both central midfielders are glued to the sides. About 80 % of Rakitic's passes are going to Alves. About 1 % to Iniesta. And vice versa on the other side. Meanwhile Alba and Alves are doing the build-up and trying to advance the ball from the back. Which should be the job of the midfielders and not the fullbacks. Obviously Busquets looks lost now. There is a big hole infront of him in the middle.

F

Flavia

Leaving aside individual problems like Mascherano man-marking Luiz or Alba having no brains, the biggest problem for me is the general setup of the team. Both central midfielders are glued to the sides. About 80 % of Rakitic's passes are going to Alves. About 1 % to Iniesta. And vice versa on the other side. Meanwhile Alba and Alves are doing the build-up and trying to advance the ball from the back. Which should be the job of the midfielders and not the fullbacks. Obviously Busquets looks lost now. There is a big hole infront of him in the middle.

Same thing that happened against Malaga. But after the thrashing on granada, that was forgotten. And now we're losing the midfield battle against psg, and they're dominating.

F

Flavia

I haven't seen tactical variations from Lucho, and that's worrying. Sandro for Alves at the ending was more desperation... he has a lot of work to do. I might be premature, but don't think we'll challenge for the ucl this season. Winning la liga should be the goal.

CuleLife4Life

I haven't seen tactical variations from Lucho, and that's worrying. Sandro for Alves at the ending was more desperation... he has a lot of work to do. I might be premature, but don't think we'll challenge for the ucl this season. Winning la liga should be the goal.

Absolutely agree. There was worry in the beginning of his hire about his past experiences as a coach and tonight showed that. He is a young coach who is learning what it means to be at a big club like Barca. He needs time before he can compete with the best of Europe.

Last edited:

Alarcón

I think that's the first time ever Barça lost and I'm not even mad. We played quite well, very different from last season. There were just an incredible amount of individual errors on our side. Players like Alves or Pedro lose the ball every 10 seconds and Alba was terrible too. If we hadn't made so many mistakes we would have won and that's quite good away from home. People seem to forget how we played in the CL away games under Pep.

MagIX

Another season, same problems.

Tito, Tata, Lucho...... we still do not understand and accept that the era Guardiola is over.
We need fresh and new air, new concepts, new ideas.

And we spent 154 millions thinking we gain back the golden era. Sooner or later, I hope that we'll wake up.

BarcaGirl

Honestly, I blame Lucho for today's defeat.

- Starting Ter Stegen against a big time in CL, without giving him proper playing time in la Liga. Bad move! Poor guy was thrown to the wolves.
- Masche as CB is a walking disaster ..and honestly I don't think we would have looked worse with Bartra/Pique
- You can't defend set pieces with a midget defence
- Pedro starting ...it's like we're playing with 10 men ...he belongs to the bench.
- late subs

Not hating, I just hope he learns from his mistakes.

Last edited:

mazp

We don't have the depth to challenge for the CL. I mean If Roberto, Munir, Sandro are the best you got, well..

mazp

Another season, same problems.

Tito, Tata, Lucho...... we still do not understand and accept that the era Guardiola is over.
We need fresh and new air, new concepts, new ideas.

And we spent 154 millions thinking we gain back the golden era. Sooner or later, I hope that we'll wake up.

Barca needs a WC manager. Instead of trying to recreate Pep 2.0. All the top teams have better mangers than Barca. Bayern, Madrid, Atleti, Chelsea, Borussia, Manu, etc..

L

linetty

We played a good game, created a lot of chances and fought till the end. Parc des Princes is a difficult soil to play at.

Pedro, MAtS and Masch starting were big mistakes that costed us a lot.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Honeymoon's over.
We're back to old problems where we can't defend free kicks and where we're the less motivated team.

Maybe it's good that we suffered this loss in September. Now it's up to Lucho to re-think his decisions and show that he's not a stubborn man.

First and foremost, put Mascherano in midfield and play with 2 regular cb's.
You eliminate half of our defensive issues right there. Not to mention motivate Busi to stay awake.

Home of Barca Fans