Luis Enrique

BarçaBarça

Should be praised more than he has been. If RM had lost, he would have been one of the best coaches ever, result-wise. Now he just in the top.
With regards to the football being played, that hasn't been the best always..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not much to praise him for this season.

Blind as a bat has he been this season. I remember the first half of his first season when he was just the same. Arrogant. Whenever his tactics were questioned, he would get defensive and shift the blame on something else or criticize the media for making up shit, which they do, but not in these cases.

Just the same this season. Kept ignoring one warning sign after the other. Kept rotating like a madman instead of rotating smart. You cannot change almost your entire midfield and defence in the same game :facepalm:

He also indirectly blamed the players at times instead of accepting his tactical flaws and wrong selection.

I thank him and appreciate him for keeping it together the first two years, but this season he flopped big time, and not because we didn't win La Liga or are in the CL final, but because we kept playing really bad and got dominated by the likes of Betis and Deportivo.

You cannot always win, but the way we played this season, the way we lost, drew and even won was :crbust: to use a smiley/emoji

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho:

"The team showed their ability to fight back when faced with difficulties," he told reporters.

"I cannot blame the players for anything, they fought to the very last moment and we did not surrender. We congratulate the champions.

"I'm happy and more than satisfied after all the years I have spent at this club. We are prepared for anything. It will be a difficult final against one of the surprise packages of the season. I'm sure it will be a great match."

JamDav1982

Lucho:

"The team showed their ability to fight back when faced with difficulties," he told reporters.

"I cannot blame the players for anything, they fought to the very last moment and we did not surrender. We congratulate the champions.

"I'm happy and more than satisfied after all the years I have spent at this club. We are prepared for anything. It will be a difficult final against one of the surprise packages of the season. I'm sure it will be a great match."

A truthful comment from him would be that it was a chaotic game where there was no structure to the team and relied on MSN to try to find their own way to win the game.

xXKonan

I think the sad part is just how bad things have gotten overall for us. We won the treble two seasons ago and the double last season, it's hard to believe how bad this team decayed since then. It's just disappointing we didn't build off the treble season that could last a lot longer and make the transition from players like Alves and Iniesta more smoother. But instead we went backwards and failed to rebuild areas that needed it badly.

khaled_a_d

I think the sad part is just how bad things have gotten overall for us. We won the treble two seasons ago and the double last season, it's hard to believe how bad this team decayed since then. It's just disappointing we didn't build off the treble season that could last a lot longer and make the transition from players like Alves and Iniesta more smoother. But instead we went backwards and failed to rebuild areas that needed it badly.

You have to look at the whole picture here.
Lucho arrived with the club being a mess,president resigning,ban,Messi walking on pitch with no desire,Neymar not playing to his potential,two GK leaving and mess of a defense along aging Xavi and departure of Cesc who didn't workout as desired.
The club hired him with one target: win now,the future is today
He made that,and won the treble. But then we had the ban,people tend to underestimate its effect but the truth is it had its negative effect on us
The ban had its effect in two ways:
1st ,we had less deep squad for 1st half season with Pedro (had one year left in his contract and wanted out) and Xavi departures. and with Messi injury etc the 1st half of last season we had no rotations.
The 2nd is that it limited our options in signings,only players who would be too ecstatic to pass on the opportunity to join us, we ended up with the likes of Arda and Vidal. And even when they were eligible to play they weren't ready to contribute
Then we found ourselves with old team that needed youth, we had to bring six new younger players into the rotation,and with Lucho love to rotate and push the limit with rotations we just lost too many points

Yes there was huge mistakes,we shoot ourselves in leg with Gomes signing,we took a risk with Roberto as RB and it backfired after looking good for two months,Arda was total disaster etc
But the situation was far from ideal from the start,the decline was very predictable,yes with gr8 work it could have been avoided,but it wsn't just incompetence of Lucho and Robert/Zubi

BarcaOG

Banned
i for one will always remember his time as barca manager fondly. these three years delivered great memories and successes. even this season, despite making some critical errors, lucho managed to come within 3 points of a phenomenal Real in the league--the best real we've seen in over 10 years.

what i think is disappointing is how demonized lucho was here in this forum, by so many and for so long. he is the manager this forum has treated worst since i joined in 2009, even though tata was far worse both in terms of playing style and tangible results.

thank you lucho!!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Thank you for the treble.

Thank you for the double.

Fuck you for this season.

Thank you for realizing it was time to go.

Best way to put it IMO. For all Lucho's flaws, he has delivered some great times as a Barca manager. This season was poor and he was a large part of that, but he knew to step down at the end of it when it was clear it was time to move on. I sincerely appreciate that, as lord knows we don't need a Wenger-esque situation on our hands when we need to rebuild.

Richard.H

I will always remember the Bayern semifinal. What a match that was. I watch the highlights at least monthly on Youtube. Maybe it's because I was in a uni bar watching the match and there were a ton of Bayern fans, but I remember it so vividly. That goal by Messi, forever stuck in my head.

xXKonan

The matches that I will always remember from the Lucho era are.

0-4 Madrid Classico win at the Bernabeu-Watching us give Real a beating in their own backyard with a 50% Messi on the bench for most of the match was just unbelievable.

3-0 Bayern CL Semi-Finals Camp nou- It was the clash of the titans and Messi going Super Sayian and scoring those two goals in a quick succession was just ridiculous to watch.

3-1 Atletico Madrid-January 11,2015(La Liga)- The Fallout of the Anoeta, loss and the overall quality of Football up to that point left everyone in Turmoil, and questions were raised about the quality of our transfers in the summer and the fallout led to Zubi being sacked, and Lucho's future in doubt after rumors of him and Messi having a fall out. what made it worse was were where going to face Atletico, a team we struggled against in 2013-14. But seeing the team from the first minute going all out playing some of the best football we haven't experienced in a long time at that point, and defeating Atletico 3-1, marked the turn around of this team which ended up winning the Treble.

2-5 Atletico Bilbao (La Liga) San Mames-February 8,2015- Playing Bilbao was always going to be a tough endeavor, but playing them at the new San Mames? it was never going to be a easy battle. This marked another huge test of the team which was riding some serious momentum, and we beat the Basques 2-5.

6-5 PSG CL 2017- First leg was a disaster, a 4-0 Loss to PSG was something I couldn't believe just happened. We once did overturn a 2-0 Deficit vs Milan at home but a 4-0? the chances of that ever happening were Close to Zero as it never has been done before. Seeing us overturn that 4-0 loss to a 6-5 scoreline win at the camp nou in the dying minutes of the match and Roberto scoring that final 6th goal in was just unbelievable. I can't even begin to describe the whole ordeal.

2-3 Real Madrid vs Barcelona Classico, April 23,2017 (La Liga)- After losing to Juventus, and Real beating Bayern to advance to the Finals in the CL, there was a lot of doom and gloom and rightfully so due to our poor performance and form at the time. Real were riding sky high and their squad quality was ridiculous to say the least. Seeing us beat them at the Bernabeu, especially with that last minute Messi goal was just perfect.

Just some of my Favorites, and while it's true we had a lot of bad moments, we also had quite a bit of incredible ones as well.

Let's not pretend we were the greatest thing ever before he came. Our only good year since 2011 was 2015 (the 2016 double was basically won in 2015). Other than that resurgence it's pretty much been a downward spiral.

Home of Barca Fans