Luis Enrique

He's always been tactically average at best. He did a good job at man management in his first season but now he's lost the locker room and doesn't have the tactical nous to salvage anything.

His over-rotation may have worked with a deeper squad but was incredibly hit or miss with us. Mostly miss, but it did help fitness levels in the tail end of his first season when we basically had no injuries. And it helps that we had more depth then than we do now (Xavi, Pedro). You can't rotate like that when you have Gomes on the bench.

Also, him and Robert fucked up on transfers big time in 2015 and 2016.

Overall, I'm glad he's leaving. It was only going to be downhill from here. Should have seen the signs last season but better late than never.

I will give kudos to him for realizing his time's up and not sticking around Wenger style. Board would probably have kept him.

Last edited:

Devils

His career will be entering the execution chamber this Sunday.

I felt bad for Tata towards the end of his time here because of all the shit that he had to deal with from the media, the board etc. I feel nothing for Lucho. A guy who was given a very good team and had free reign over the team and transfers. His failure has been unbelievable.

Sunday will be the final humiliation we have to endure under this deluded manager.

Last edited:

serghei

I think he has messed up big time this season, but overall, his 3 year period is a very good one, by any standard. It's true though that he could have done even more.

Total-Football

I think he has messed up big time this season, but overall, his 3 year period is a very good one, by any standard. It's true though that he could have done even more.

his span here is hardly good let alone very good . I would give him a 5 of 10 solely because of the triplete which was a defeat away from being a 0 tituli.

Look at the squads guardiola had or has left for barca and bayern and compare it with this pile of shit .. Young prospects have been pushed out and grandpas have been brough in. Only pass i would have given him is some real shot at the champions league the last 2 years.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I am perfectly happy with 2/3 La Liga's
1/3 CL sounds ok too.
But it's beyond numbers. We didn't compete like before in Champions League and played below our potential.
Lucho also shut down La Masia by not promoting a single player in 3 years and is leaving us lumbered with Gomes, Paco, Arda.
Prosps for Umtiti though.

michelco

As an outsider my humble opinion is that LE is solely responsible for the state of this team. It's not about aging Iniesta, nor Rakitic not being good enough etc and I will tell you why. You dont stretch the opposition team as you did with Pep. Infact, LE has given so much freedom to Messi and Neymar that you instead ending up compressing the opposition team. They may be stationed out wide but as soon as they get the ball, they immediatley (and always) cut inside with it. This leaves very little room to operate. . And look at the overlaps made by Alba and Sergio Roberto and compare to earlier years. The overlaps by Alba and S.R are usual as wide as the penalty area, i.e further compressing the opposition team. And instead you see Rakitic making wide runs in a desperate attempt (or badly instructed one by LE) to stretch the opposition team. Gone are the days of the smart wide forward in your team, the Pedro who would unselfishly hug the line to create gaps since he knew it would benefit the team. So while you may play the same formation the actual movements on the pitch is the complete opposite. Ofcourse you win a bunch of games anyway since MSN is so outragesly good, but a team cannot be built to rely on individual brilliance in the long run, and that is what we're seeing now.

This is all down to LE, not the players. How he cannot fix this is beyond me, its easily spotted. The again he's a bit shit. His track record should've prevented him from coming anywhere near the Barcelona bench. Look:

Roma: 41 matches, 16 wins, 9 draws, 16 losses. Lasted 338 days.
Celta de Vigo: 40 matches, 15 wins, 7 draws, 18 losses. Lasted 346 days.

This is not the CV of someone that should be coaching one of the best teams in the world. Pep was a gamble that payed off. Usually gambles doesnt. Seems to be a spanish thing to gamble on something as important as the head coach.

There's a saying: A lucky man puts all his money on red, a smart one doesn't do it twice.

Last edited:

Devils

As an outsider my humble opinion is that LE is solely responsible for the state of this team. It's not about aging Iniesta, nor Rakitic not being good enough etc and I will tell you why. You dont stretch the opposition team as you did with Pep. Infact, LE has given so much freedom to Messi and Neymar that you instead ending up compressing the opposition team. They may be stationed out wide but as soon as they get the ball, they immediatley (and always) cut inside with it. This leaves very little room to operate. . And look at the overlaps made by Alba and Sergio Roberto and compare to earlier years. The overlaps by Alba and S.R are usual as wide as the penalty area, i.e further compressing the opposition team. And instead you see Rakitic making wide runs in a desperate attempt (or badly instructed one by LE) to stretch the opposition team. Gone are the days of the smart wide forward in your team, the Pedro who would unselfishly hug the line to create gaps since he knew it would benefit the team. So while you may play the same formation the actual movements on the pitch is the complete opposite. Ofcourse you win a bunch of games anyway since MSN is so outragesly good, but a team cannot be built to rely on individual brilliance in the long run, and that is what we're seeing now.

This is all down to LE, not the players. How he cannot fix this is beyond me, its easily spotted. The again he's a bit shit. His track record should've prevented him from coming anywhere near the Barcelona bench. Look:

Roma: 41 matches, 16 wins, 9 draws, 16 losses. Lasted 338 days.
Celta de Vigo: 40 matches, 15 wins, 7 draws, 18 losses. Lasted 346 days.

This is not the CV of someone that should be coaching one of the best teams in the world. Pep was a gamble that payed off. Usually gambles doesnt. Seems to be a spanish thing to gamble on something as important as the head coach.

There's a saying: A lucky man puts all his money on red, a smart one doesn't do it twice.

A lot of truth in this post.

Even though we have been shit this season, made bad transfers etc...I still firmly believe our team isn't near as poor as we've been made out to be. Lucho makes the team look far worse than it actually is with his horrendous tactics and man management.

Guys like Arda, Gomes and Mathieu need to get out, but other players who Lucho has pretty much banished from the squad like Paco and Vidal could have helped us much more in the season.

I see the media and people say "Barcelona is finished" etc...I don't believe that Barcelona is finished, but Lucho is most definitely finished.

Home of Barca Fans