Luis Enrique

BarcaOG

Banned
Any more details about his 'spat' with that journalist? Seems hard to believe he'd actually almost hit him. Any official reports? i.e. other than twitter.

BBZ8800

Any more details about his 'spat' with that journalist? Seems hard to believe he'd actually almost hit him. Any official reports? i.e. other than twitter.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/angry-luis-enrique-had-held-back-three-people-5838542

Atresmedia journalist Susana Guasch claimed on TV channel Mega that once Luis Enrique's interview in which he raged at Jordi Grau of TV3 ended, the situation worsened.

She said: "The strongest image came after the interview that you have seen finished. Three people had to hold Luis Enrique back because he was going for Jordi Grau again."

Guasch added that the Asturian was saying "Don't touch me, don't touch me" and repeated: "Let's see if you use that tone again when we win." She added that Lucho "did not want to come to where Atresmedia" were waiting.

The video of the interview iself showed Luis Enrique becoming increasingly angry as he spoke.

"You must not have seen the game very well, because we changed formation," he said, berating Grau.

"We moved from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1, trying to change [things] and above all to move Leo [Messi] inside more, with more freedom.

"We could have done anything today and it would have been the same. I repeat: I’m responsible for this so don’t look for anyone else to blame.

"But I don’t like the tone and I would have liked the same treatment all the times we have won, that I am getting tonight when we haven’t."

El Flaco

[tw]831667267125403649[/tw]

[tw]831667354987700224[/tw]

[tw]831667546143100928[/tw]

[tw]831667760547500036[/tw]

[tw]831668665342914560[/tw]

[tw]831668728559316992[/tw]

[tw]831668802924343296[/tw]

[tw]831668928032108545[/tw]

[tw]831669003844149252[/tw]

[tw]831669235331915776[/tw]

[tw]831669283423866880[/tw]

[tw]831669914054189056[/tw]

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Fucking wanker. I saw more of the same shit as the first half until we were 3 down and rakitic came on. If he thinks that a tactical change 3 down late in the game is magically gonna change anything, he's got another thing coming

Barcilliant

He needs to leave for sure but fuck I am sick of our players always requiring a change in manager.

If we get a new manager he needs to be a BIG personality as well as tactically good. Lucho was mainly a big personality and a club legend.

Valverde is not the answer and I'm unsure about Koeman.

xXKonan

Lucho's "My way or the highway" mentality is the main reason nothing is going to change.

I'm going to use Detroit's Lucien Moore house to explain the decay of Lucho's system.

moore.jpg

1st image is the system at it's best during 2015 when we felt unstoppable and we smashed our way to a treble.

2nd image is during the second half of next season, despite having a commanding league in the points above Real and beating them 0-4 at the Bernabeu. It became clear Lucho's system was starting to fail and Lucho's sits in the tower despite it coming apart and leaking in more water he thinks "Meh nothing is wrong and I don't need to fix anything" we nearly threw away the league and we crashed out of the Quarter final's against Atletico in the Champions league. We managed to hold on and win the double.

3. is this season in a nutshell. the system decayed so much that nothing is working anymore and we look dreadful. players are starting to realize this once Grand Victorian house (System) is nothing more than a giant eye sore now. despite all that Lucho still sits in the house and thinks "Maybe buying a door/window or two can fix this!" despite the house needing more than just doors and windows, it needs a whole new interior/pluming/a roof/new bricks etc.

Minor-no change ain't going to get that house back to what it once was. (Well IRL the house was renovated back in 2005).

BarcaOG

Banned
He was clearly upset but I didn't get the feeling he would actually physically hurt him. Anyway, whatever. More will be revealed tomorrow.

Today's result is particularly hard for me because I have actually supported Lucho throughout the season. Nevertheless something needs to change, clearly, and fast. I don't see us overcoming the deficit in the return leg so let's hope at least we can cut into Real's league lead and win the Copa.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wouldn't believe a word Susana Guasch says. She works for Atresmedia, a Madrid based TV station and is a closet Perico/Madridista.

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think what concerns me the most is just how much this team has regressed in two years. We dominated PSG both legs in the quarters two seasons ago and never looked challenged. So we go from that to this in two years. It makes no sense how this team can play the way they played for the last two weeks and put on a performance like they did tonight. It speaks volumes of Lucho's true impact on the team at the moment and this Jeykll and Hyde characteristic has been a common theme in his tenure here.

How this team can flip form in about 3 days is truly beyond comprehension. Equally baffling is how Lucho/Roberto has spent all this money and still only have about half an 11 that truly understand this club's style and what is expected of their role and two of them were half-fit tonight. Rushing back Busi was foolish, he was clearly not 100% and with the importance of that position in our system, you can't be reliant on someone who isn't match fit and sharp. Also foolish was keeping MS out all 90 against Alaves, they both looked very fatigued and a step slow.

Bottom line: this tournament was our season and he failed miserably. Completely out-thought tactically and woefully slow with his game management and subs. Not the first time its happened and at this stage and this scale, he absolutely must go and arguably should be sacked soon if we really slump after this.

I just wish Xavi was ready...

Last edited:

God Serena

It's not just that his tactics are either awful or nonexistent. It's not just that his lineups make little sense. It's not just that he refuses to rotate or rest his precious MSN. It's not that he refuses to develop any La Masia players. It's not just that he refused to sign a RB when we didn't have one. It's not just that he continuously forces players who do not deserve minutes into the XI while players who work hard are ignored completely. It's not just that he has signed numerous players who actively make us worse, while loaning more talented youngsters away without even getting a chance. It's not just that our team gets outplayed by damn near everyone. It's not just that we got destroyed by a PSG side worse than the one we used to routinely dominate. It's not just that we are out of the running for the major 2 competitions already in mid-February. It's not just that his man management is so poor he ostracizes his own players and publicly disagrees with them. It's not just that he refuses to make changes to the team when we are clearly struggling. It's not just that he won't call up a B team player like Palencia to fill in as RB when we are clearly struggling there. It's not just the way he's lost the locker room and doesn't have the ability to motivate the players anymore. It's not just his deteriorating mental state and anti media, anti Cule mentality. It's not just him standing on the sideline as we lose 3-0, with a stare more unsympathetic than Heisenberg, as we concede another goal due to the mistakes of players he himself demanded we sign. It's not just him being unable to identify what is wrong with his team and improving it. It's not just his inability to foresee the ways our opponents will try to play against us. It's not just his refusal to change, or adapt, from game to game, in hope of improving our results. It's not just his way of blaming everyone and everything for poor results that are mostly on him. It's not just that he's a mediocre at best manager. But all these things combined are just... incompetence.

Everyone is human, and any manager who may come in to replace Lucho may have some, or even many, of these flaws. But Lucho has all of them, so when someone says a new manager wouldn't improve things all I can say is...

What do we have to lose by trying?

Mido

I hope I am insanely wrong, but I am here on record in this forum saying in 2015 that the day Xavi leaves Barcelona would be a black day and that Rakitic would only be a temporary solution for two seasons. I really hope I am completely wrong and hope Rakitic turns out to be a historical player at Barcelona.

It's clear as daylight that members tend to have very diverging appreciation of the team's performance. We don't know what's happening behind the curtains we can only speculate. I personally find that blaming Lucho for the mess ONLY because of his tactical choices is as ridiculous as saying that Neymar is the main reason why we got destroyed. ( and I still believe his game, particularly the first half, in Paris was horrendous).

I want to stay far away from a disgusting backbiting contest. Backbiting is the destruction of yourself. I am just trying to guess what are the reasons for this on the pitch

My personal guess is that the problem is more related to the motivation and mental aptitudes of the team than the tactical issues. As fond as I am of possession football, I want to advocate again a more vertical playing system. And also, I would like to see figures such as Piqué, Mascherano and Busquets take the lead in the dressing room.

Losing hope right now would be poisonous. Let's give it all until the return leg, and if we can't achieve the huge task of doing something extraordinary, then we'll have to think about making major shifts for the future. The team should now be obsessed about setting up a very offensive and intense system à la Bielsa. We simply have no choice other than trying to change.

Visca Xavi, I really miss his amazing IQ and passing game

How this team can flip form in about 3 days is truly beyond comprehension. Equally baffling is how Lucho/Roberto has spent all this money and still only have about half an 11 that truly understand this club's style and what is expected of their role and two of them were half-fit tonight. .

This 100 %

Neymessi

He is the buggest problem for barcelona, but he isn't the only problem. No coach no matter how crap can make players play look THAT bad. Couldn't string 3 passes together. Players have been very crap lately too.

Home of Barca Fans