Luis Enrique

Stric

I0Svc.gif

How is it not, after losing Puyol, Valdes, Abidal, possibly losing Xavi or having a declining Xavi, and a horrendous Alves? Not to mention Messi's unexplained issues and injuries.

The one and only part of the squad that is better now than it was last season or the season before that is our forward line.

mazp

Even with the forward line, you don't know how quickly they will click, or if they even click at all.. Huge undertaking for Lucho, plus sorting out the defense.. Keeping expectations extremely low as well.

L

linetty

Of course I hope for the best, but realistically, I can't help but have low expectations for this season. The current Barca squad is easily the weakest in years, meanwhile Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid are at their strongest point in decades. This will be an uphill battle, to say the least.
Atletico's season was a stand-out and I honestly doubt it can be repeated. They've already lost Courtois, Costa and are set to lose Filipe Luis and probably Miranda.

Real bought and incredibly inconsistent and overrated Kroos which is in no way an improvement to their midfield. They're losing Di Maria which is a huge blow. And their defence is even worse than ours at the moment. BBC is not really to be afraid of.

We are going to have the strongest squad in years with the best young player in the world Neymar, the deadliest striker in the world Suarez and the best player in the world Messi. Our midfield is not going to be in any way inferior compared to the past years, Iniesta, Rafinha, Roberto, Rakitić, Mascherano, Busquets, Xavi (given he doesn't leave). When it comes to defence, we are still going to sign 2 defenders.

mazp

Atletico's season was a stand-out and I honestly doubt it can be repeated. They've already lost Courtois, Costa and are set to lose Filipe Luis and probably Miranda.

Real bought and incredibly inconsistent and overrated Kroos which is in no way an improvement to their midfield. They're losing Di Maria which is a huge blow. And their defence is even worse than ours at the moment. BBC is not really to be afraid of.

We are going to have the strongest squad in years with the best young player in the world Neymar, the deadliest striker in the world Suarez and the best player in the world Messi. Our midfield is not going to be in any way inferior compared to the past years, Iniesta, Rafinha, Roberto, Rakitić, Mascherano, Busquets, Xavi (given he doesn't leave). When it comes to defence, we are still going to sign 2 defenders.

But Real and Atletico have better managers.

L

linetty

How is it not, after losing Puyol, Valdes, Abidal, possibly losing Xavi or having a declining Xavi, and a horrendous Alves? Not to mention Messi's unexplained issues and injuries.

The one and only part of the squad that is better now than it was last season or the season before that is our forward line.
Puyol hasn't even played last season so we're pretty much used he's not with us anymore... Same with Abidal who already wasn't even with us last season.

Xavi can still control the game pretty well and I'm sure Rakitic can fill his shoes in the nearest future.

Alves can be useful again with better tactics and we can try out Bartra there if he doesn't perform as he used to.

Messi has been the best player in the world no matter if he had some health issues (that can be certainly dealt with).

L

linetty

Bigger names doesn't necessarily mean better. The season hasn't even started yet and you're already judging him.

I'm trying to be positive here but some people are really...

mazp

Bigger names doesn't necessarily mean better. The season hasn't even started yet and you're already judging him.

I'm trying to be positive here but some people are really...

Who's talking about bigger names? I'm talking about proven pedigree, which Lucho doesn't have. Not being critical, just realistic.

L

linetty

Who's talking about bigger names? I'm talking about proven pedigree, which Lucho doesn't have. Not being critical, just realistic.
Has Pep been proven before being appointed as our coach? You're being negative not realistic and I understand that after the unsuccessful seasons we've had.

mazp

Pep was once in a lifetime. It will never happen again. Even then, he had those guys just about entering their prime. Lucho's dealing with a different situation all together. Plus he's had two coaching stints already.. Sorry for not wearing my Barca glasses..

Icarium

Lifestealer

Keeping your expectations is good thing after seeing last two barca seasons. I was so sure after the start we had last season we will win league or CL and i though tata was the man to lead barca until he showed his true colors in February. But who can not judge the season by saying real and atletico have better coaches, sure they have proved more but lucho might do a better job than both of those guys. Pep was no one when he started coaching and simeone did not have much success in the initial stages of his career, judge him after the season not before it. I believe lucho has everything that a coach needs to be successful.

Neymessi

New Barcelona coach Luis Enrique will on Wednesday give his first press conference of the season #fcblive

L

linetty

Tw Luis Enrique: "Everything ready for the first training session"

BskAr9OCMAAGUl1.jpg:large

Home of Barca Fans