Luis Enrique

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So you're telling me that he wasn't motivated and ''inspiring'' during the WC?

This will be interesting. :tito:

I wrote that in a haste, "performance" was the wrong word really, I meant his overall level of participation and engagement in the game, the intensity etc. was similar to that of the 13/14 season, which was lower than what he is currently displaying this season.

My point is, I don't think Messi was saving for the WC.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He was playing in a defensive 4-4-2 with players who are not very comfortable on the ball as in Barca, what exactly was he supposed to do? Even in a ferocious Atletico team playing a similar formation, you don't/didn't see a lot of work from the likes of Villa, Griezmann or Torres.

He looked the same in the WC as under Tata.

Really? With a shit front line that gave him no support, there really wasn't anyway he could look inspiring or motivated.

Alik

There was also those mysterious vomiting issues that people no longer talk about now that he's back.

L

linetty

Really? With a shit front line that gave him no support, there really wasn't anyway he could look inspiring or motivated.
Yeah, he wanted the trophy so much but looked so helpless with morons surrounding him. He wasn't the usual Messi though. I don't know what Tata did to him but it was probably Leo's worst year.

Now under Lucho he looks like he's been born again.

BBZ8800

Also the style, with Tata it was just alves-cross- start again. If Lucho sticks to what he has been doing since Sociedad its acceptable.
I dont know if its due to the trainer though that Messi seems more active? it might be just himself being more motivated than before without a wc on his mind.

Yes.
How can people say that only Messi or Neymar are responsible for this?
We had 2 Lucho's.
Before Sociedad's game and after that game.

Before that our tactic was a crap. (good defensively, bad, one dimensional and sterile offensively)
After that, he found a new winning tactic.

Messi and Ney would be a crap if we continued to play with good-old-only-possession-one-dimensional-Pep's burden-crap style.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Also, people should look at what Atletico has done to Real today.

And people whined because we gave away control and possession and won 3:2 at Calderon.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

And people whined because we gave away control and possession and won 3:2 at Calderon.

+1000

They keep underestimating Cholo's Atleti. For them it's hard to fathom that lack of rich owners and big names can still yield a great team.

F

Flavia

+∞

We won 3x against a very good team. Not some pushovers.

mssarm

Considering the fact that we beat Atleti 3 times in the row and Real unable to beat Atleti this season speaks volumes about our chances this year. No doubt Carlo is far more experienced than Lucho, but somehow Lucho was able to figure tactics way better than Ancelotti.

serghei

We have a better team than Real Madrid. I just wish we had signed one more midfielder, and a top CB instead 2 so-so ones (one injured on top of that). Pretty shocking that after 150m spent, our best CB pair is the same one that played on Wembley almost 4 years ago. :lol:

DinhoR10

We have a better team than Real Madrid. I just wish we had signed one more midfielder, and a top CB instead 2 so-so ones (one injured on top of that). Pretty shocking that after 150m spent, our best CB pair is the same one that played on Wembley almost 4 years ago. :lol:

Honestly not signing another midfielder may be a blessing in disguise, because if we bought Kroos AND Rakitic theres no way Rafinha would be getting this time and he wouldn't have been able to show that he may be ready to make the jump, since we didn't we have essentially saved the money we could have spent on Kroos although we didn't exactly use that money wisely if only we bought a proper RB :(

Neymessi

I went into a deep thinking process and I thought that he maybe not that bad.
Who did well in their first season?
Not ferguson
Not morinhio in chelsea.
Not a lot of WC coaches.
He is still not WC by any means but he deserves more than a season.

Home of Barca Fans