Lucho takes the blame

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
"I'm the first person responsible for this defeat," Barca coach, Luis Enrique said after his team's second loss in La Liga this season.

i

"We all lose and we all win [together], but when we lose I'm culpable first; the first who has to improve. I'm responsible for the rotations and I'm the one who has to take the responsibility"

"We entered a negative dynamic and began to lose individual duels in which [Celta] got the better of us."

"We didn't attack into space, we weren't well-positioned, we didn't have control of the game and we didn't play with any fluidity.

"We anticipated things better and were more accurate with the ball in the second half, but it's clear that the fourth goal killed us. Given how the game was going, though, it didn't surprise."

On ter Stegen

"A Barcelona goalkeeper has to take risks," he said. "I'm not going to talk about individual errors.

"The goalkeeper is key for us. He serves to create superiority in terms of keeping the ball and bringing it out.

"It's easy to criticise and say that maybe he could have taken on less of a risk, but everything's easier in retrospect."

RevoTeller

Every time the same BS: "It's my fault, bla bla blah..." but he doesn't learn a damn thing.
Enough is enough FFS.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's probably just media talk to protect the team (which he should do). I am sure he is pissed at some players and hopefully sees his own mistakes.

dakt

1 auto goal, 1 GK's fault, 1 busi's fault...no way he could have predict that, but does hold a bit of blame because we looked relaxed like we were playing against 3rd division team.

F

Flavia

I don't think the rotations were the problem. Team was playing well, until Busquets made that mistake. But the blackout that followed was weird. 11 terrible minutes. Many players aren't performing well. It's easier to say which ones are playing well. Hard to only blame the coach when that happens. A treble followed by a double bring complacency.

Horatio

You're welcome
Every time the same BS: "It's my fault, bla bla blah..." but he doesn't learn a damn thing.
Enough is enough FFS.

Not really. In the beginning he was being scorned for his tactics AND NOT admitting blame. At least he acknowledges now lol.

Ahmedd

We may have a "mental" problem against Celta too, like RM had with Lyon back in the days.

serghei

Instead of taking the blame, maybe he should take the 3 points next time and stop experimenting.

PhilS

Good comments, to protect the players the team is stuck with.

In addition to the horrific goalkeeping, the entire midfield was certainly outplayed by Celta until the second half. The back line did not have a good day, but the key to Barca's defense is to not have the back line put under that much pressure.

Maybe Iniesta and Rak cannot rest at the same time. Busquets needs less playing time, at a minimum.

Good thing that neither AM nor RM have been very consistent yet. No way Barca will get to 90 points in Liga this year playing like this.

gasgas

I don't think Sociedad is a mental problem. More a case of a team parking the bus from minute 1. They are willing to defend a 0-0 score.

There was a time they beat us 3-1,
we also had 2-2 draws, 1-0 loss,
how did we do against them last season?

Home of Barca Fans