Lucas Digne

Devils

Haha different amounts being reported everywhere ranging from 12m to 25m.

Better to wait for the official numbers.

xXKonan

After browsing around a bit and at the grandoldteam(Everton forum) I haven't see a real proper source for that low fee for Digne.

Raketa10

We are complete morons. We just sold a player we actually need for 15 mil? And we are now left with only one LB! WTF is wrong with our board? And please don’t tell me that Cucurela will cover that spot since that guy couldn’t defend against Segunda teams!

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
And what if Digne wants to leave to go somewhere he can start. Somewhere he can play regularly and get back into the French team?

The club has a history of letting go of players who want to leave through the proper channels without making much of a fuss.

YodaMaster

We are complete morons. We just sold a player we actually need for 15 mil? And we are now left with only one LB! WTF is wrong with our board? And please don’t tell me that Cucurela will cover that spot since that guy couldn’t defend against Segunda teams!

Relying on Cucu in big games :facepalm: good luck with that! In a few games I have watched he struggled big time in defense against Segunda teams. And Miranda is still too young. If Alba gets injured we'll get slaughtered on the left side.

Don’t know shit about Cucu or Caca... whatever his name is.

What I know though is that we can barely rely on Digne even in small Liga games. He’s weak af. Losing Digne and replacing him with an average Masia kid won’t weaken the team at all imo.

By reading your messages, some could start to think that Digne is a great player... He isn't Barça level, even for a bench warmer ! He isn't a big loss for the club since he wasn't a reliable substitute for Alba. Cucurella or Miranda can easily play the minor role that Digne had here ! Any average player could !

Last edited:

Joan

We are obviously letting go of him which is nice but a bad piece of business.

Let's wait to see the fee first. We'll miss Digne.

YodaMaster

Digne is a solid backup who keeps it clean. Average as it gets. We'll see how Cucurella does.

He played something like 45 matches with Barcelona. From those 45, he did well in 5-10 matches at most. Even Mathieu performed better overall here. Digne is a super average player and we don't need them at Barça ! We should buy only world class players (or potentially world class) and if we need average players on the bench we should just go and take someone from La Masia. The kid's gonna be average like Digne in worst case scenario, in best case scenario he'll be good which means better than Digne.

It's funny how people hate Vidal and Gomes but think that Digne is essential to Barça. Imo they're all average players and we don't need them.

MTL_Barca

If we can't even trust our talents as fullback backup idk where we should start with la masia. Digne only played around 1300 minutes last season so i don't think Valverde really rates him as an option for rotations.

He would probably be the safer option in case Alba is injured for an important CL match but well that happens and he would still be our weak point in that case especially on offense.

I wouldn't mind keeping him but honestly i don't think this decision will influence the outcome of the season at all and on the upside we make some money and give time to our own talents so i understand why the board does this.

Now please do the same with Munir/Paco, i'd rather see our young la masia players in copa instead of Paco, Gomes, Vidal etc and we can't really count on both when it comes to big games anyway.

Last edited:

YodaMaster

If we can't even trust our talents as fullback backup idk where we should start with la masia. Digne only played around 1300 minutes last season so i don't think Valverde really rates him as an option for rotations.

He would probably be the safer option in case Alba is injured for an important CL match but well that happens and he would still be our weak point in that case especially on offense.

I wouldn't mind keeping him but honestly i don't think this decision will influence the outcome of the season at all and on the upside we make some momey and give time to our own talents so i understand why the board does this.

Now please do the same with Munir/Paco, i'd rather see la masia players in copa instead of Paco, Gomes, Vidal etc and we can't really count on both when it comes to big games anyway.

100% correct.

Joan

Digne has kept it clean almost whenever he played. Clean and tidy. He's no Douglas, ffs.

I have doubts Cucurella does well enough. But like the kid and it could show some trust. Not the end of the world.

Home of Barca Fans