Lucas Digne

xXKonan

Grimaldo won't come back tbh and I could see him ending up at City or a EPL team in general in the near future.

One of the reasons why we were chasing Theo is the club wants a Abidal defender who can play LB and CB. if Digne were to be replaced it could very well be a player like that or he will be replaced by Cucu if his trajectory continues as it is.

JamDav1982

Grimaldo won't come back tbh and I could see him ending up at City or a EPL team in general in the near future.

One of the reasons why we were chasing Theo is the club wants a Abidal defender who can play LB and CB. if Digne were to be replaced it could very well be a player like that or he will be replaced by Cucu if his trajectory continues as it is.

He wont go to City and would struggle with his height in EPL I think.

If City wanted him they would have got him this summer.

michelco

Very odd sub by Valverde yesterday. Just as Digne was standning at the touch line to come on, Suarez went down with a knock. As Digne was the 3rd sub usually one would expect the coach to hold it for a couple of minutes to see that Suarez actually was OK. Instead he made the sub anyway and left Suarez limping for the rest of the match which might have aggrevated the knock. Valverde did the exact same thing last season when his Bilbao played Valencia. He did his last sub despite Aduritz had taken a knock. 5 mins later Aduritz had to go off and they ended up playing with 10 men for some 25 mins and subsequently lost.

Paul

At that moment everything was lost, guess he just tried to give him a few minutes on the field like in a pre-season friendly.

Cool

Yesterday's sub made completely no sense

The way I think Valvarde thought about it is "Okay, the game is lost, Alba has been running up and down the flank, he has a history of injuries due to stuff like this, let me sub him out and keep him fresh."

Or.

"Okay, the game is already lost, let me bring in Digne and see If he'll fit into my plans."

cule19

Yeah it does make sense when considering the game lost. I just wouldn't expect a Barcelona coach to give up.

Home of Barca Fans