Lliga: Sevilla FC - FC Barcelona 2-2

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Do you honestly think Barca were going win all their remaining games? Even with CL games thrown into the mix? lol, sorry man not even Pep's team did that. If Barca get past PSG, and get into the Semi's Barca will probably drop more points..Barca doesn't have a deep squad to compete in tough tight congested schedules.

No of course I wasn't thinking that, I made it very clear in my posts that the annoying part is losing on our FIRST difficult fixture, I expected a loss/draw against Valencia with PSG in the middle yes, but not in the first tough game against Sevilla, which we beat (not even draw) the last 6 times we faced them, we pretty much always win against them in recent years, and we were well on the way to do it again, if it wasn't for the stupid sub of neymar, stupid too late sub of Iniesta, and the personal mistakes which were a result of us giving up on attacking and playing like a 3rd division team to protect our poor lead instead of killing it off.

Anyway.. not the end of the world, but I'm very, very sad tonight :(

serghei

Which is even more heartbreaking for us.

We should be used to this by now. Compared to Madrid, who lost points only to better teams on those nights, we lost points because of our own stupidity and because of a coach who's clearly not as good as he thinks he is.

mazp

No of course I wasn't thinking that, I made it very clear in my posts that the annoying part is losing on our FIRST difficult fixture, I expected a loss/draw against Valencia with PSG in the middle yes, but not in the first tough game against Sevilla, which we beat (not even draw) the last 6 times we faced them, we pretty much always win against them in recent years, and we were well on the way to do it again, if it wasn't for the stupid sub of neymar, stupid too late sub of Iniesta, and the personal mistakes which were a result of us giving up on attacking and playing like a 3rd division team to protect our poor lead instead of killing it off.

Anyway.. not the end of the world, but I'm very, very sad tonight :(

I get it. It is disappointing. But, people saying how Barca have to win all their remaining games and CL games with an aging squad and no depth, just can't be done. The Valencia match will be difficult, but at least it's home, also the PSG result will play a key part in the mindset going into that match. Hoping for good performance and hopefully a win in Paris on Wed.

EdmondDantes

Enrique should give a good hard look at himself tonight. The team is the asset here, not his coaching. Rakitic and Iniesta weren't at the races, that's why we were losing control in midfield in the second half, but he goes and subs off your best player on the evening. Inviting pressure in, removing an outlet...it made no sense. I hope him craving to be the centre of attention again was worth the 2 points we dropped.

Barcadub

I shouted at the television "Noooooo Pique" when he gave that ball away. And seeing Xavi being roasted and struggling to get back i just knew what was going to happen.

Struggling to get over this, we would have been in absolute control with this win.

We need to be still leading by the time Real meet Sevilla and Valencia.

Now the pressure is really on us every game now.

I'd rotate hugely against Getafe and Córdoba though. Keep things fresh

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
:lol: Let's sack him! Oh wait, we're still top of the league and in Copa Final. Also favorites to enter CL semis! It's Lucho's fault Iniesta decided to retire aged 30, or Xavi is 36 and can't play every week. We lost 2 points due to 2 blunder mistakes.

Get over it.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Can we criticize without being mocked ? Are you gonna say Lucho was 100% right again ? We can think his decisions were poor without asking for him to be sacked because of one game.

Of course the blunders cost us, but his mistakes just as much !

serghei

:lol: Let's sack him! Oh wait, we're still top of the league and in Copa Final. Also favorites to enter CL semis! It's Lucho's fault Iniesta decided to retire aged 30, or Xavi is 36 and can't play every week. We lost 2 points due to 2 blunder mistakes.

Get over it.

Top of the league and Copa final means shit if we don't get the job done. Last year we had the title in our hands and we also played the Copa final. And we also were in the CL quarters. Remember? If last season proved something, it was that titles are won in april-may. Lucho and Barca started april on the wrong foot.

Co0ter

Unforgiveable coaching by Lucho. He tried to kill the game off and couldn't even do that right. Sevilla was having their way with our midfield....Rakitic was exhausted and Iniesta was getting ran over-absolute liability. If he wanted to kill the game....why Xavi? 5'6 midget who is slow and not physical at all...how could he even control the game with Rakitic exhausted and Iniesta invisible. The clear sub was Mascherano..unless he was serving a suspension, for definitely Iniesta and subbing Rakitic too shortly after.

Last edited:

Supa Dupa Fly

ntSaXat.gif

Home of Barca Fans