Lliga | Round 8: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 1-1

Gnidrologist

I will take away more good from this game than bad. We're building some chemistry. Arthur and Countinho are great assets, but still learning the gig. We haven't been this good at controlling the game since early Lucho seasons. This is good and with more luck we would've won, but we can't expect to be as lucky as in previous season all the time. The lack of offensive penetration is definitely on Valverde. He just doesn't force players to move more, so we have a lot of handball type of possession around perimeter with little to no combos. Even Messi didn't create anything much in this match and he had enough opportunities, ball came to him often. Valencia parked solid bus too. Also liked Semedo performance for a change.
I think the more control in mid we'll have the more we will get penetration, but as it is we're still in a bit of transition period imo.

Givenchy

I will take away more good from this game than bad. We're building some chemistry. Arthur and Countinho are great assets, but still learning the gig. We haven't been this good at controlling the game since early Lucho seasons. This is good and with more luck we would've won, but we can't expect to be as lucky as in previous season all the time. The lack of offensive penetration is definitely on Valverde. He just doesn't force players to move more, so we have a lot of handball type of possession around perimeter with little to no combos. Even Messi didn't create anything much in this match and he had enough opportunities, ball came to him often. Valencia parked solid bus too. Also liked Semedo performance for a change.
I thin the more control in mid we'll have the more we will get penetration, but as it is we're still in a bit of transition period imo.

problem is.. we build some chemistry only for EV to tear it up once his golden boys are fit again. Semedo has been pretty good lately but watch Bob return as soon as hes fit again

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Some folks were laughing at Atletico and dismissed them as a title contender earlier this season and they now have the same number of points as we have.

We are trying to play better despite Valverde’s meddling. He is clearly a cancer that needs to be eliminated. He made my blood boil. He made my health worse.

Our defense is just so shaky. When will the free flow stop?

eaman

problem is.. we build some chemistry only for EV to tear it up once his golden boys are fit again. Semedo has been pretty good lately but watch Bob return as soon as hes fit again

I agree semedo has been good defensively but he needs to up his attacking game. Roberto would have got in behind them alot more than him

Stoichkov1

Some folks were laughing at Atletico and dismissed them as a title contender earlier this season and they now have the same number of points as we have.

We are trying to play better despite Valverde’s meddling. He is clearly a cancer that needs to be eliminated. He made my blood boil. He made my health worse.

Our defense is just so shaky. When will the free flow stop?

With a trophyless season the board will probably sack him only to hire another no name like Unzué because he has "Barca DNA" and we'll play shit football again.

Zidane82

83 min for a sub.

Valverde says he wasn't sure what changes were needed, which is why he took so long to make any substitutions.

Nuff said really ..

Last four games - three draws & one defeat - 9 points dropped against mediocre opponents

JerseyAddict

Valverde says he wasn't sure what changes were needed, which is why he took so long to make any substitutions.

Nuff said really ..

Last four games - three draws & one defeat - 9 points dropped against mediocre opponents

Just read it on EMD... what a Clown... he was not sure... maybe he missed Raki's nanny to give him some advice...

Home of Barca Fans