Lliga | Round 7: FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 1-1

Barcilliant

Everybody seems to say in the media that this year we need to push very hard for the CL. And by that I mean getting at least to a semifinal. If he fails again like last season he'll be gone I think. Nobody is dumb enough to keep a manager who is a clown in Europe.

Emery at least was in charge of a team without pedigree in the CL and went out vs Barca and Madrid. Valverde managed to get kicked out by Roma. He's already well on his track of being a much bigger clown than Emery in the CL.

😂 This is soooo fucking true.

Valverde is just a moron. I can see why the board hired him but after the Roma debacle and the turgid displays in the league last season they should have dumped him.

I predict a draw or loss this match with a definite loss against Spurs. Come October end Valverde will be gone or skating on thin ice.

Barcilliant

Totally. I've made peace with it. I think you need to have some very specific things to win the CL. We have only player quality. Lack everything else almost.

Also, if you look at managers who have won the CL you only see the best of the best, creme de la creme. There's no place there for guys like Valverde. Being a decent manager at best is never going to cut it here.

Di Matteo?

Barcilliant

We have some obvious leaks. Too slow midfield. We just shouldnt play Rakitic and Busquets together. It's just bad defensively. RB we have no guy who can do it All, we either struggle offensively or defensively. LB we have no backup, If Alba gets hurt we are finished.

Our winger doesn't help defensively.(Dembele). Coutinho is weak defensively. This team lacks guy who can run fast and help us defensively.

Vidal?

Barcilliant

The very fact that most of the debate on this thread revolves around Valverde is not good news. People are resigned to the fact that any line up will result in the same crappy football we've seen under Valverde.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Up untill now whenever there was a Barca game , i used to postpone stuff i had to do , didn't go out in the city with friends , birthday parties , etc. Now if something comes up , i'll watch the game later or highlights . Tomorow is a birthday party of a friend of mine and i won't skip it to watch this trash display of valverde's so called football. I think it might be the first time I am missing a barca game on purpose in a good ammount of years.

Same here. It has come to the point I only watch when there's nothing else.

Barcilliant

I'm in Australia. Match is at 12:10 in the morning. No way will I watch it. I'm thinking of dumping my Bein subscription too. Noone wants to pay money to watch the shite football we currently play. Camp Nou seems to have empty sections nowadays.

Barcilliant

So I am watching first half of West Ham and Utd and there are eerie parallels between Utd and us. West Ham up 2-0 and out playing a so called big club with stars.

Andresito

Staff member
Messi benched WTF

DoQ2lbmU0AApa1z.jpg

Last edited:

serghei

Where the fuck is Arthur? Didn't start vs Leganes, doesn't start today, sure as hell won't start vs Tottenham...

Andresito

Staff member
I predict a narrow game, maybe even us trailing and Messi having to come on in the second half to try and save us.

BigBarcaBoy

Was thinking that a lot of the valverde criticism was excessive, having seen today's team the man is clearly a fucking idiot

Vilarrubi

This will be interesting...... If it was away i'd say the best we would get is a draw with Messi benched.. a bit like Sevilla last season but we got lucky when Messi came on.

Home of Barca Fans