Lliga | Round 5: Granada - FC Barcelona 2-0

EdmondDantes

Today was the limit.

Valverde is officially the worst Barca coach in my life time. Messi carried him to those Ligas and not the other way round.

BBZ is nowhere to be seen again by the way. Why is he not bashing that midfield tonight?

jairzinho

When you look at the post match stats, it’s unbelievable that a club with such an array of attacking options could only muster 2 shots on target against a team like Granada for the entire 90 minutes. Shameless stuff. Where the fuck is the coach in all of this?.

EdmondDantes

When you look at the post match stats, it’s unbelievable that a club with such an array of attacking options could only muster 2 shots on target against a team like Granada for the entire 90 minutes. Shameless stuff. Where the fuck is the coach in all of this?.

We had zero shots in the first half. Not even one off target or anything. How this imbecile hasn't resigned already I don't know.

PhilS

I see no reason to even hope that Barca will finish above Granada in La Liga this year. This Barca squad occasionally plays pretty well, generally when playing against weak competition, but can also lose at any time to almost any team. Granada looks pretty good, could well play in Europe next season.

Junior Firpo might be the worst defender I have ever seen play for Barca.

Leo_Messi

[tw]1175512450352996353[/tw]

[tw]1175513111144648704[/tw]

Keep rewarding failures...

How's that midfield again? Rakitic, Roberto....Vidal?

Tonight's performance was absolutely shocking. Right up there with the worst performances of ours that I ever recall witnessing considering how unimpressive Granada were themselves in most departments of the game other than fighting their asses off by pressing most of the game and being compact. Surely since the Gaspart era ended in 2003. Possibly top 5, certainly top 10 since 2003. Hard to rank such catastrophic games but tonight was exceptionally bad. Not a single performance, except for De Jong's first half performance (he at least tried to put some life into our horribly static and almost dead game) and Fati's cameo was worth even mentioning. Not that either of those two were impressive.

Speechless.

The worst thing about this is that it was all avoidable had the spineless, cowardly and cancerous board done what almost every top club would have done, namely to fire Malmierda after the Roma catastrophe.

Instead our team is literally dead and the Anfield catastrophe is still fresh in their minds. Hence our absolutely shocking away form. 8 away games without a win in a row? That is shockingly bad for a relegation candidate, let alone a club of our stature.

Embarrassing stuff. What is worse is that you don't really have a feeling (even a remote one) of the team overcoming this unless Malmierda gets the axe.

Last edited:

PhilS

Particularly bad from Greizmann, Suarez, Firpo, Perez, Rakitic, Roberto and Vidal. That's a very long list for one game, especially since none of the others were particulary good either.

Barcilliant

This team died at Anfield last year.
Everybody with a brain understood that.

This is just dragging the corpse around while it is rotting.

Valverde is a clown, but I am as disgusted by the gutless board and the overrated, supposed "top players" :)lol:) of this supposed "top team".

FC Barcelona died months ago, this is just a blaugrana zombie.

I don't watch la liga matches anymore but I'm not surprised. I always questioned Valverde's appointment even at the beginning. He is spineless and the board like that. The seniors still have that sense of entitlement and it is reflected in their play.

If we are to avoid a total meltdown we need to fire Valverde NOW ASAP!

I honestly don't care if we hire Mourinho but we need to get rid of Shitverde. At least Mourinho won't take shit from the seniors. Pique, Suarez, Busquets and Alba are just milking the club at this point. Bench or sell. Bring in an iron fisted manager who will clash with the seniors and put them in their place.

I would love Bielsa but he probably prefers to stay at Leeds. Our stock has dropped so dramatically. Fuck Shitverde.

EdmondDantes

Tonight's performance was absolutely shocking. Right up there with the worst performances of ours that I ever recall witnessing considering how unimpressive Granada were themselves in most departments of the game other than fighting their asses off by pressing most of the game and being compact. Surely since the Gaspart era ended in 2003. Possibly top 5, certainly top 10 since 2003. Hard to rank such catastrophic games but tonight was exceptionally bad. Not a single performance, except for De Jong's first half performance (he at least tried to put some life into our horribly static and almost dead game) and Fati's cameo was worth even mentioning. Not that either of those two were impressive.

Speechless.

The worst thing about this is that it was all avoidable had the spineless, cowardly and cancerous board done what almost every top club would have done, namely to fire Malmierda after the Roma catastrophe.

Instead our team is literally dead and the Anfield catastrophe is still fresh in their minds. Hence our absolutely shocking away form. 8 away games without a win in a row? That is shockingly bad for a relegation candidate, let alone a club of our stature.

Embarrassing stuff. What is worse is that you don't really have a feeling (even a remote one) of the team overcoming this unless Malmierda gets the axe.

Despite the fact Sid Lowe writes for The Guardian (which is an overtly left-of-centre paper) his reporting is almost always impeccably conservative because he's always the ultimate, measured diplomat.

For him to blurt out something like this is beyond alarming - especially since there's zero hyperbole to it. It's pure facts.

And it all comes from Valverde's main coaching tenet: reward failure, cast aside success he deems redundant. Add to it his tactical ineptitude you get this shambles we're in.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Ansu Fati is so talented but even he looks confused sometimes that there is barely any real attacking movement most of the time from our players. He knows the tactics are dead and that all he can do most the time is either try dribble on the wing or pass it back. There is legit no real movement from our players majority of the time. It's pathetic. The fact our board hasn't got rid of Valverde yet is beyond me. Really sickening to see a talented kid learning very little and even the GOAT looked like he was practically giving up. Liverpool proved in the 2nd leg that their attacking tactics were a couple levels above Barcelona's, in fact they proved it in the 1st game but were very unlucky to not get a couple goals at least. 1st goal against Liverpool was nice but was lucky that defenders didn't read it, 2nd and 3rd were created and scored from Messi so tactics can't control his ability, at least most of the time at HOME. There was enough proof Valverde wasn't good enough after getting put out by Liverpool and losing CDR to Sevilla but the board takes a little more time to realise this and hopefully they have figured this out now and make the right decision with the last bit of dignity they have.

#ValverdeOut

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Unbelievable, so we get rid of Malcolm, Coutinho and Rafinha, players who can actually dribble and create something and instead we buy a player for 120M who is not winger, not a striker and relies on the service of others and then we play him together with Suarez:lol:
Also that midfield of Roberto and Rakitic, what a dynimic duo, prime Xavi and Iniesta esque:lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
esta-portada-hoy-1569107347999.jpg

Home of Barca Fans