Lliga | Round 30: Sevilla CF - FC Barcelona 0-0

eaman

What do you expect to happen when Messi plays deep and follows the ball around? Ignore him? When he drops deep everyone gives him the ball no matter what.

Well he is the most creative player in the team.
He had alot one twos destroyed by bad passes back to him in this game

wisconsincule

What do you expect to happen when Messi plays deep and follows the ball around? Ignore him? When he drops deep everyone gives him the ball no matter what.

Yes- a fundamental flaw of this team. It’s been Messi or bust for the past couple years. I’m just over it.

fergus90

It's depressing that 3 years on from needing a desperate rebuild, the spine of the team is the same. So predictable, slow and lethargic.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
First game I watched since the restart and it was still the same old Barca, slow, predictable, lethargic, lack of energy and completely unmotivated. Pricks don't deserve to win anything playing like this.

Not saying Setien bears no fault but managers come and go and we never changed and only got worse, so perhaps it is truly the venomous culture at FC Barcelona as a result of those complacent senior players that have been ailing us.

The other thing is, we can be slow and predictable as hell but the fact that we create few chances these days is just horrid. Are we Stoke? Worse I think.

Last edited:

Neeraj

Nothing has changed. What we've been complaining about since Lucho basically, nothing has changed.

Greizman - I don't think I've ever seen such a useless performance from a 'star' sub in my life. Got on and immediately started his backpass charades. Arthur was poor after coming on too, no creativity.

There is so much wrong with this club, and while I did say I will give Setien a chance, he's clearly not the right guy, just like EV wasn't. However, I would have no problem him continuing next season and doing whatever he can in whatever way he can, until we get a full shakeup with the new board. The main change is up there, and there's no point in stop gap fixes. A new coach might want some players, and might spend money foolishly.

Best case scenario - we are handicapped by Corona and aren't able to make any big signings, we continue with this crap, maybe Messi pulls a La Liga or Copa out of his ass like he has been doing, and then 2021 let the changes rain down upon us. Until then, we have to watch which what I can only describe as self inflicted torcher.

raskolnikov

Nothing has changed. What we've been complaining about since Lucho basically, nothing has changed.

Greizman - I don't think I've ever seen such a useless performance from a 'star' sub in my life. Got on and immediately started his backpass charades. Arthur was poor after coming on too, no creativity.

There is so much wrong with this club, and while I did say I will give Setien a chance, he's clearly not the right guy, just like EV wasn't. However, I would have no problem him continuing next season and doing whatever he can in whatever way he can, until we get a full shakeup with the new board. The main change is up there, and there's no point in stop gap fixes. A new coach might want some players, and might spend money foolishly.

Best case scenario - we are handicapped by Corona and aren't able to make any big signings, we continue with this crap, maybe Messi pulls a La Liga or Copa out of his ass like he has been doing, and then 2021 let the changes rain down upon us. Until then, we have to watch which what I can only describe as self inflicted torcher.
Well said. Socio's are to blame for this as well. They had opportunities to get rid of Barto and his corrupt friends yet kept him in power just becauss they dont look past the what have we done lately factor and the classico result.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Just a bad display tonight. Could only string together 2 games before the wheels came off.

I’ve been reserving my judgements of Quique for a while now but he takes flack for this tonight. Went with the typical, safe lineup and we got a woeful result. I mean, pretty sure fucking Lenglet or MaTS were the youngest starters tonight. I guess he thought “eXpErIeNcE” and there was just nothing offensively. He was slow with his subs when it was clear at like the 55th min this lineup was a dud and did nothing. Poor lineup and poor game management from Quique tonight.

Now onto the players. FdJ’s absence was felt tonight in midfield; there was no rhythm, no pace in our build up. Not only do we have no danger in behind or off the ball, the ball circulation was slower than two turtles fucking and it was the usual “save us Messi” approach in the final third. The key difference between Quique and Ernesto for me, despite all of this, is that he is at least critical and realizes this isn’t good enough. This is why I think it’s clear we need to clean house in 21 with a new board.

Busi was woeful tonight, one of the worst games he’s had all season and we really need to start accelerating Frenkie’s progression into that role. I like Arthur and he has a solid skill set for us, I don’t think he’s being utilized well but he again was bang average tonight, no impact on the game off the bench. Raki and Luis, for me, weren’t bad necessarily but Raki in particular isn’t a starter anymore. Martin tried but didn’t find space well and missed a clear return pass to Messi that woulda drove me insane if I was Leo. And then there is the increasingly worrying Greiz who seems to have picked up the Coutinho curse. Player by player, only ones who were performed at standard, as usual was Messi, MaTS, Lenglet (our MOTM) and Alba/Luis to a certain extent. The rest just didn’t do enough.

It’s a problem when we need 17 & 18 year olds to come rescue games. I was begging for Ansu all match and Puig showed what we needed in MF for the whole 8 seconds he was on the ball.

This is why this such a hard problem to articulate right now; when the right players are in the right setup under Setien, we don’t look terrible at all and look at least competitive at the European level. But when it’s not right or when the players are underperforming, it’s what it looked like tonight: Valverde 2.0 which is why I think it’s clearly the players/board. If Setien gets brave (which he might as well at this point, if Real nip this, he’s gone) and isn’t afraid to maybe bench names like Busi, Greiz and Vidal for the good of the team, maybe this can get better.

But this safe shit ain’t it, it never has been it for us and it’s just seems like the same shit, different day for us right now. We better pray Sociedad do us a favor on Sunday.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Most of us knew this was a tough game and we likely would drop points, nobody expected an easy win but come on, show your heart and give us some hope. The players didn't.

I have said times and times again, it is OK for us to not win games as long as they tried their best. I don't recall players from another club or team who pull this shit regularly and get away with it. If these players had been regular employees of any company or organization they would have been dinged during mid year and year-end reviews for lack of effort and inconsistency.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Most of us knew this was a tough game and we likely would drop points, nobody expected an easy win but come on, show your heart and give us some hope. The players didn't.

I have said times and times again, it is OK for us to not win games as long as they tried their best. I don't recall players from another club or team who pull this shit regularly and get away with it. If these players had been regular employees of any company or organization they would have been dinged during mid year and year-end reviews for lack of effort and inconsistency.

when we needed a goal we just literally stood. Flashbacks to Anfield with the exception that Sevilla are shit.

fergus90

Honestly I would try Puig and Fati from the off on Tuesday, we need something different and fresh, everything is just too predictable. Especially with the fixture congestion, over playing the older players things will only get more lethargic.

JamDav1982

Players dont deserve it.

They have too much power and probably think they are still amongst the best in the world and everyone else is to blame but them.

Suarez, Busi etc should be done and others at best phased out.

Even Messi needs to realise the way he wants to play at times is good for him to get on ball and try to influence but is contributing to the killing the team as a unit.

How can Barca compete at top when have players that wont press, wont run off ball and seemingly pick and choose who they want to find a pass to?

It is impossible.

Home of Barca Fans