Lliga | Round 3: Osasuna - FC Barcelona 2-2

Vilarrubi

Lol, it's not match fitness. The guy was running non stop for 90 mins in Copa America. And he looks fitter than ever. It's the dumber on the bench.

I meant because he only played half a game of pre-season (I think?) presuming because of Copa America they gave those guys more rest. Anyway, I agree he needs to be in the lineup ASAP.

Tackle

What the fuck is wrong with Retardo?

Excuse me mate?

Weren't you lot complaining about us playing with 3 DMs all the time last season?

Now that Valverde makes the tactical adjustment of pushing the two CMs up high to exploit the half spaces and combine with the forwards you're still moaning and wetting your bed? Isn't that what Pep does with KDB and the two Silvas?

The tactic worked brilliantly last match, no reason to change it.

Frenkie and Arthur play for the team, we don't play for them. If playing them out of position is what helps the team that's what needs to be done. Talents are not entitled to their preffered positions, especially this early on.

vinni

Its on! :cheers:

Happy about the lineup. Hopefully Athur will come on in the second half.
I wouldnt worry too much about De Jongs position. It will be clear in a year a two where he should play.

EdmondDantes

Valverde will never start Arthur with him having played just 24 minutes in pre-season. We all know what he's like with young players.

I'm OK with that midfield because at least this workhorse he's picked in Sergi can run and is an actual workhorse.

serghei

Excuse me mate?

Weren't you lot complaining about us playing with 3 DMs all the time last season?

Now that Valverde makes the tactical adjustment of pushing the two CMs up high to exploit the half spaces and combine with the forwards you're still moaning and wetting your bed? Isn't that what Pep does with KDB and the two Silvas?

The tactic worked brilliantly last match, no reason to change it.

Frenkie and Arthur play for the team, we don't play for them. If playing them out of position is what helps the team that's what needs to be done. Talents are not entitled to their preffered positions, especially this early on.

Arthur is CM mate. Not DM. Didn't you see him playing with Casemiro and being the best midfielder at Copa America? Casemiro was the DM and he was the CM.

Gari

Barça bench: Iñaki Peña, Umtiti, Wagué, Rakitić, Arthur, Arturo Vidal and Ansu Fati.

Tackle

Arthur is CM mate. Not DM. Didn't you see him playing with Casemiro and being the best midfielder at Copa America? Casemiro was the DM and he was the CM.

Was referring to Frenkie more there. Arthur still plays like a DM and is rightfully sitting his arse on the bench because he brings nothing to the team against a minnow. De Jong offers everything he does, but is twice the player and Roberto has an engine, works hard and is alright going forward.

What would the mighty Arthur Melo's press resistance offer us over Roberto's skillset in a match against a newly promoted side that will surely play with a low block?

Last edited:
Would prefer Artur and Vidal in the team but have no idea why people are moaning when we had the best performance in Europe last week with this very same team. Totally understandable for EV to keep it unchanged.

abbbs97

Was referring to Frenkie more there. Arthur still plays like a DM and is rightfully sitting his arse on the bench because he brings nothing to the team against a minnow. De Jong offers everything he does, but is twice the players and Roberto has an engine, works hard and is alright going forward.

What would the mighty Arthur Melo's press resistance offer us over Roberto's skillset in a match against a newly promoted side that will surely play with a low block?

Tackle back at it again fulfilling the Barca board orders to defend EV and insult his least favorite players.

serghei

Was referring to Frenkie more there. Arthur still plays like a DM and is rightfully sitting his arse on the bench because he brings nothing to the team against a minnow. De Jong offers everything he does, but is twice the players and Roberto has an engine, works hard and is alright going forward.

Nah, Arthur was a beast last season in the first part of it before getting injured with Busquets at DM. De Jong is basically the Busi replacement. He can work well with De Jong at DM even under Valverde, just like he was gelling well with Busi and Rakitic in games like vs Madrid or vs Tottenham when he ran the show.

serghei

Other than the bad situation with Arthur, it will be interesting to see if Perez can build on his good match vs Betis.

Home of Barca Fans