Lliga | Round 27: FC Barcelona - Rayo Vallecano 3-1

mia7007

So stupid to play Suarez and Messi, both need rest so at least we should rest one of them (Messi mainly).
Same mistake that happened before facing Roma last year. If we will not rest players against Rayo home match, when should we?

FinBarcelonafan

Im always a bit in the fence regarding playing starters before a crucial match.
Do you let them get into rhythym or rest as many as possible.
If we crash out vs Lyon, Ernie will be rightfully crucified because of this though. Luckily the board renewed him.

Look at all the other teams. Morata rested, Griezmann out after first, Juventus not playing Ronaldo etc..

Look at how Real played in CL now, when their players weren't rested vs Barcelona. I think they lost vs Ajax because we played vs them two brutal CUP games. They lost to fatigue. Ajax had fresh legs and won every 1vs1 battle, every fight. Ajax had HUGE edge there.

Normally Real rested their top players before crucial CL game. Now they couldn't, which is why they are out.

FinBarcelonafan

So stupid to play Suarez and Messi, both need rest so at least we should rest one of them (Messi mainly).
Same mistake that happened before facing Roma last year. If we will not rest players against Rayo home match, when should we?

We are resting, but not key players. Dembele, Roberto, Rakitic etc. WE NEED Suarez and Messi in top-shape If we want to win something in CL. It's not up to these guys. Dembele maybe.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
In the Fraudverde's defence, I don't think the team will be able to do well if they hadn't played together (away from the training ground) for close to 10 days. Maybe that's why some of the starting XI have started. I expect Rakitic and Dembele to come on later in the match.

Gari

Aspiazu: "We seek to refresh the team and have the squad tucked in"The second Barcelona coach explains the line-up and believes that "getting all the points home would give us a qualitative leap" in the fight for the League.

FinBarcelonafan

In the Fraudverde's defence, I don't think the team will be able to do well if they hadn't played together (away from the training ground) for close to 10 days. Maybe that's why some of the starting XI have started. I expect Rakitic and Dembele to come on later in the match.

That's not really valid excuse, because Rakitic, Dembele and Roberot are not starting and most likely they will vs Lyon. Suarez and Messi don't need practise together. Arthur could use game time, Umtiti as well, but he is not starting(vs Lyon).

gregorrin10

Look at all the other teams. Morata rested, Griezmann out after first, Juventus not playing Ronaldo etc..

Look at how Real played in CL now, when their players weren't rested vs Barcelona. I think they lost vs Ajax because we played vs them two brutal CUP games. They lost to fatigue. Ajax had fresh legs and won every 1vs1 battle, every fight. Ajax had HUGE edge there.

Normally Real rested their top players before crucial CL game. Now they couldn't, which is why they are out.

And here we are, 2nd season in a row an easy game right before CL, with a healthy lead in the table, perfect chance to give minutes to reserve players to let them show what they're made of, and with a great performance to give some good headaches to the manager for team selection before midweek. But with Valverde, he's thinking, why even bother, starting lineup vs. Lyon is practically already set in my mind anyway, might as well play them here too, just to get them the perfect kind of tired to then have problems in CL. Then we'll get maybe get in trouble in the middle of the 2nd half with Lyon holding some 1-1 draw or something, and then he'll go crazy and put in all the reserve players such as Malcom and Alena to try and rescue the game, instead of playing them here, and have others rested, plus possibly Malcom and Alena in form, if we need them in the CL. I'm sure if Lenglet wasn't suspended, he'd play today too. :facepalm:

eaman

If we had played midweek ye could all complain but they've had a weeks rest and are not travelling midweek so this team is fine. We played the first leg against Lyon with only 3 days rest and travel and played fine bar the finishing. Not playing for ten days could backfire. Messi needs rest but I have seen him underperform when rested for too long over the last few years. He should have started dembele though

FinBarcelonafan

And here we are, 2nd season in a row an easy game right before CL, with a healthy lead in the table, perfect chance to give minutes to reserve players to let them show what they're made of, and with a great performance to give some good headaches to the manager for team selection before midweek. But with Valverde, he's thinking, why even bother, starting lineup vs. Lyon is practically already set in my mind anyway, might as well play them here too, just to get them the perfect kind of tired to then have problems in CL. Then we'll get maybe get in trouble in the middle of the 2nd half with Lyon holding some 1-1 draw or something, and then he'll go crazy and put in all the reserve players such as Malcom and Alena to try and rescue the game, instead of playing them here, and have others rested, plus possibly Malcom and Alena in form, if we need them in the CL. I'm sure if Lenglet wasn't suspended, he'd play today too. :facepalm:

Bingo! You win.

gregorrin10

Like I said. If Malcom and Dembele were on the pitch instead of Suarez and Coutinho, we would've led 2-0 by now, cause they would've put away those chances we had at 0-0. Instead, here we are. :( Now our starters won't get rested, and we might even lose points. Expecting Rakitic to come on for Arthur right away in the 2nd, to give us that creative spark! :lol:

pregra

Crap, as usual. We are really struggling to create clear chances these days. Having Coutinho out there is like playing with 10 men.

Gari

Piquet should play everywhere?Forwards have to score goals?Questions, questions, questions.

Home of Barca Fans