Lliga | Round 26: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 2-0

xXKonan

Wait I thought Zidane resting Mendy the last two Liga games was to prevent him from getting a yellow so he can play the Classico.

But he starts Marcelo here. :lol:

serghei

Zidane starts Marcelo :lol: :lol:

No surprise. Mendy is near useless offensively and we have no real wingers to pin down your fullbacks from bombing up. Marcelo is well suited to this scenario, unless somehow Messi drifts on the right wing more than normal.

soul24rage

As long as Vidal starts in middle and not in the wing, then I like this lineup.

Unleash Fati and the Danish demon in the 2nd half!

El Gato

Villarato!
unless somehow Messi drifts on the right wing more than normal.

Messi will drift to the side for the sole reason that Marcelo is playing. Because it will create openings from the wing.

Not taking advantage of Firpo is just a crime.

But I guess the game will be fun for what it's worth.

KingLeo10

Let's not kid ourselves, Fati is not nearly ready for this match.

I personally really like the line-up for what it's worth.

Also pleased to see Umtiti instead of Lenglet. Even this version of Umtiti (Napoli) is better than Lenglet's showings this season.

serghei

Messi will drift to the side for the sole reason that Marcelo is playing. Because it will create openings from the wing.

Not taking advantage of Firpo is just a crime.

But I guess the game will be fun for what it's worth.

Firpo is not playing. Alba is on. Messi is more central for years now, and not one manager has succeeded in playing him as a winger. Believe me, I've been wanting him to play RW for years.

El Gato

Villarato!
Firpo is not playing. Alba is on. Messi is more central for years now, and not one manager has succeeded in playing him as a winger. Believe me, I've been wanting him to play RW for years.

Nobody said he has to play RW. He just needs to start the run at the wing and break the defense down.

serghei

Nobody said he has to play RW. He just needs to start the run at the wing and break the defense down.

Yea, well, let's hope for our sake you're right. Marcelo's offensive capabilities and link up play are worrying me in this match.

Neeraj

People complaining about the lineup?! Not sure who else could have started this. NO Rakitic is a big plus already.

Home of Barca Fans