Lliga | Round 22: FC Barcelona - Valencia CF 2-2

YodaMaster

A home game vs Valencia between two important matches (remontada vs Sevilla and a SF vs Real Madrid), I'm not expecting a walk in the park nor should the players.

If Valencia decides to press high, Vidal and Rakitic will struggle a lot and Busquets' absence will be felt. I might be wrong because in football you never know but I think this will be a much more difficult game than the last one against Sevilla.

I'd start Alena and Malcom though.

Called it.

Busquets did miss a lot. The thing is that Rakitic as DM got exposed big time on counters. How fun is that ? Barca getting beat up on counters with supposed defensive geniuses like Rakitic and Vidal on field ? As I already said: it's a huge shame to start games at Camp Nou with these 2 defensive oriented players as starters.

I knew Sevilla win was overrated big time. Rakitic, Roberto and Coutinho back at their horrible level. Vidal not Barca level technically neither.

Valverde is biggest pussy in European top 10 football. Subbing out 2 of the best performers (Semedo and Alena) proved that once more. I'm telling you right now: either something changes drastically in his coaching-managing way or Barca goes out in CL QF or SF at most once again. Barca will never win a CL with such a pussy. All the 5 won CL were won with offensive minded coaches. That's the way things work at Barca and it will never change. Even less so with such a miserable coach.

The time to rotate will be the 2nd legs (Lyon, Real) when we have won the first by 5 goal margins, and let's put the Barca B team in the league Classico after we have bashed them out of the Copa and extended our lead on Atleti just to show them we don't care and you nor anyone else can't catch us anyway.

Lol dude so you really think that Barca will give manitas to RM and Lyon ? Wake up this isn't Pep's or Lucho's Barca. It's already a miracle that one Clasico manita happened with Fraudverde, even though we gotta say RM being in their worst shape in the last 10 years did help. We're constantly winning games in poor fashion under Valverde since 1 year and a half. But you think that suddenly in february Valverde's Barca will turn into a smash machine ? Did your data tell you that ?

Giginho75

Not great match...
Let we take this point, it will be more important to win wednesday...
Messi worst match of the season, but the second gol is simply wonderful.

D10S_JC

The team looked depleted. It's hard for an aging squad keeping tense and focus after an exhausting comeback.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We scored 2 goals. Problem is defending and when you have Suarez and Messi you can't afford keeping likes of Rakitic and Pique who aren't focused and have 0 energy. Simply too many tired legs.

JerseyAddict

Notw that at 0 0 thier keeper did several wondersaves.

But the fragility if our team against counters is devastating.
It is a shame to watch it.

eaman

At least it wasn't a loss. I do think semedo did some nice things but he had 2 or 3 miscontrols under no pressure. It was always going to be a tough game after the energy put into the sevilla game and a better Valencia these days. I think we need to have Messi on the bench midweek because he will be wrecked come champions league time. Liga and champions league are should be the main priorities anyway even if it's a clasico copa match

PhilS

I hope Lenglet and Alba play almost all the time the rest of the season. Vermaelen seems just a fatal fraction less quick than Lenglet, and there clearly is no one on this squad who can back up Alba.

These won't be the last points dropped in La Liga. Good comeback, yet again, to salvage the one point.

gregorrin10

Watch him sub Semedo for Alba and put Roberto RB when it should be the other way round.

Valverde's decisions have nothing to do with actual performances, only his default preferences, which are: Roberto ahead of Semedo, Vidal ahead of Alena, and Rakitic all minutes, no matter how much he sucks, untouchable, the GOAT, Valverde's goat (actual animal this time) that is. A robot could literally make the substitutions that Valverde does every game...it's like simulating a match on FIFA.

Makes you wonder what type of message this sends to our bench players and new signings...a player can't thrive in an environment like that, knowing that no matter what he does, he still won't ever make it to gala XI. Semedo and Alena deserved the full 90 tonight no question, and we probably would've won if they stayed on.

raskolnikov

By way, was that linesman the same guy from the Espanyol match a few years ago?
Even with VAR we still have refs trying to screw us over.
I will always say that with normal refereeing 2011/12, 13/14 and 16/17 would all be ours as well.

serghei

That analysis is mainly about how Marcelino outclassed Ernie and Messi saved us a point with a great shot.

Home of Barca Fans