Lliga | Round 21: Málaga CF - FC Barcelona 1-2

blaugrana1987

Considering this was supposed to be hell week (5 games in span of two weeks), and we had alot of injured and tired players Ill take this win with opened arms. GG team

serghei

Win was important. Disappointed with the attitude of the team in the first half, didn't look like they want the win badly. Improved in the 2nd. I'll take the 3 pts, but we need to do better, because Atletico look like they will fight for the title until the end, and Real Madrid is slowly starting to recover.

F

Flavia

Win was important. Disappointed with the attitude of the team in the first half, didn't look like they want the win badly. Improved in the 2nd. I'll take the 3 pts, but we need to do better, because Atletico look like they will fight for the title until the end, and Real Madrid is slowly starting to recover.

It wasn't the attitude, Enrique changed the system, and made the subs to improve the team. Mathieu for Verm changed the team a lot.

dakt

That's not high risk, that's just horrendously misplacing simple ones. I thought you were talking about the second half when we trying to defend our lead.

Well I call that high risk when you're passing the ball in the situation where misplaced pass means easy goal situation for opponent. Just like Alves did in the last match against Ateltic.

Horatio

You're welcome
Considering we just came off two intense games against Athletic and Malaga away is tough(Atletico lost, Real equalized) I am somewhat proud of the team.
Horrible defense first half though.

Galning

Well I call that high risk when you're passing the ball in the situation where misplaced pass means easy goal situation for opponent. Just like Alves did in the last match against Ateltic.

Then we have different definitions. For me that's just screw ups, not playing with a high risk.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Very happy and THANK GOD for the three points but man, our midfield is so cringe-worthy today (I won't comment on our defense since today's defense was hastily put together). In the past when we were ahead, we would control the ball and not let the opponent have much opportunities to get the ball and attack us; nowadays we easily give away the ball whenever we are being pressed and we have to count our luck that our defense does their job.

I really miss Xavi, someone who could control the ball, the pace and stabilize the midfield. Midfield is the first line of defense. I feel Luis Enrique's tactic of bypassing the midfield and relying heavily on MSN is stretching thin.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
I really miss Xavi, someone who could control the ball, the pace and stabilize the midfield. Midfield is the first line of defense. I feel Luis Enrique's tactic of bypassing the midfield and relying heavily on MSN is stretching thin.

I have the feeling that usually only happens when we are in a tight spot. Ball gets worked ahead as fast as possible. When the team is feeling comfortable you see more build-up play.

EdmondDantes

Two words: 3 points.

Horrible first half and apathetic all round display but we managed to overcome that and win it.

Hopefully Neymar and Pique will be back as we missed them. I thought Munir, Adriano, Iniesta and Vidal did well in spells. And what a volley by Leo.

Last edited:

Kuchi

Is it worth staying up late to see the game re-run? Some say it was one of our worst performances ever...

Trickykid

Is it worth staying up late to see the game re-run? Some say it was one of our worst performances ever...

Sure, if you're into self-flagellation or other ways of inflicting harm to yourself, you're in for a great time.

But seriously, that 1st half is the worst we've played I a long, long time. 2nd half wasn't that bad... Just distinctly mediocre.

Altomonte

We really missed Piqué today - his absence even impacted Claudio Bravo. Normally, he can entrust the ball to Piqué, today he made mistakes in his distribution because the back line did not help him enough.

Home of Barca Fans