Lliga | Round 2: FC Barcelona - Málaga CF 1-0

raskolnikov

Messi will destroy him, no worries. Last year we also had the MSN starting and they won.
Hope that the team will be able to score early this time.

Malaga are a pain in the ass to play. As last year proved twice. We should be happy to get a win, especially if Busquets doesnt start.

JamDav1982

Malaga are a pain in the ass to play. As last year proved twice. We should be happy to get a win, especially if Busquets doesnt start.

Malaga have lost three of their best players and did not look great last week at home to Sevilla.

Barcelona will win easily I think. Betting on -2.5.

raskolnikov

Malaga have lost three of their best players and did not look great last week at home to Sevilla.

I hope so, but based on last year I consider Malaga a potential point losing match like Bilbao last week. We should win as many as possible of those.

barcanuck

Hmm I'm skeptical. I'd be happy with 1 goal against Malaga and a cleansheet since last year we failed to score in 180 mins against them.

SocalBarcaFan

will be interesting to see what lineup Lucho picks. Will he start out like last season with heavy rotations? If so only Messi and Suarez are sure things to start in midfield and attack for me.

sailor

Malaga will be a hard bone to chew on ! Barca should take them seriously from the first minute . With Neymar around it should be time for revenge.

raskolnikov

will be interesting to see what lineup Lucho picks. Will he start out like last season with heavy rotations? If so only Messi and Suarez are sure things to start in midfield and attack for me.

He needs to be smart with the rotations. Not resting key players in difficult games or pulling an Ancelotti and playing them in every game.
Just rest keyplayers against the likes of Levante at home.

F

Flavia

Enrique press conference, from this morning:

Luis Enrique: “Like everyone, we got a tough draw in the Champions League, but it will be exciting.”

Luis Enrique: “Neymar has done well in the past days, he has been training normally. We’ll make a decision tomorrow.”

Luis Enrique: “Sergio also looks good, we will decide tomorrow.”

Luis Enrique: “Sergi Roberto is in the first place a midfielder, but he’s a perfect utility player. Great for a coach to have such a player”

Luis Enrique: “Tomorrow’s match will be very tough. Let’s see if we’re capable of overcoming any difficulties.”

Luis Enrique: “Our Champions League group is not going to be easy. But we’re the champs and we’ll try to defend the title.”

Luis Enrique: “I’m excited to return to Roma. I’m looking forward to going back to a wonderful city and seeing the people there.”

Luis Enrique: “Usain Bolt is the best sprinter of all time and Leo Messi is the best footballer of all time, it’s a good comparison.”

Luis Enrique: “Málaga’s defensive strategy was very effective last year. It hurt us, but tomorrow I hope it turns out differently.”

Luis Enrique: “I know Málaga will look for ways to make things tough for us. I only hope that we’re better [than they are].”

Luis Enrique: “Suarez went through a very tough phase before signing for us. Now he is a very important player for us. For us, Suárez is key and not just for scoring. The work he does affects the way the game is played.”

Luis Enrique: “Barça are always open to improving the squad. We continue to evaluate the squad, but there is no urgency [to sign players].

Luis Enrique: "The way to continue motivating the team is knowing that the only important thing is to keep working”

Luis Enrique: “Neymar didn’t train for two weeks, but he has a special physique, he gets in shape quickly. He could play tomorrow.”
-End of Presser-

Translation from grup14.

raskolnikov

I think the best way to continue motivating a team that has won everything is by setting new goals (e.g first to win cl in a row), working hard is just a means rather than an end.
Neymar and possibly Busquets staring will be a huge benefit to us in a tough game.

And if I would compare Messi to other athletes it be Sugar Ray Robinson, Jordan or Wayne Gretzky.

Home of Barca Fans