Lliga | Round 19: SD Eibar - FC Barcelona 0-4

BBZ8800

I don't know whether we will win or lose, but I think that we will play like a crap in the 1st half with Neymar-Arda-Rakitic together on a field.

Neymar is not good in general in keeping the ball and playing our classic possession game.
Arda is poor when he plays in midfield.
Rakitic imo can't run anymore.

Busi-Arda-Rakitic midfield, ouch.
I expect that we will get overrun and that we will struggle in build-up and movement.

Without midfield support, Messi will play in the middle, and on the right Roberto will run up and down without doing anything in attack.
Rakitic can't run too much, plus he will babysit for Roberto (who won't do anything in attack), plus he will need to help in covering the right side since Messi won't be there.

About the result, anything is possible.
We may win easily 5:0 after an individual effort, or we can play 1:1 due to this midfield lineup.

But I am extremely doubtful that we will have a nice fluid attacking build up play with this midfield trio+Roberto as a RB and Neymar at LW.

So, let's see...

xXKonan

With Masche suspended and Lucho wanting to rest Pique the CB pairing makes sense I guess.

gives Umtiti more minutes and gets him more comfortable as a RCB when the situation arises and Mathieu gets some minutes again. but I don't think Mathieu will be as comfortable though tbh.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why rest Pique now that Mascherano is suspended. Makes no sense to me.
Also Umtiti played one half as rcb (Amoeta or Balaidos?) and he was terrible.

xXKonan

Why rest Pique now that Mascherano is suspended. Makes no sense to me.
Also Umtiti played one half as rcb (Amoeta or Balaidos?) and he was terrible.
I don't agree with it either myself.

Lucho wants Umtiti to play as much as possible and he wants to shoehorn in Mathieu who hasn't started a game in ages so we get this dilemma. it makes sense to Lucho's eyes but to everyone else not really. :lol:

God Serena

Denis isn't homegrown, he refused to come to La Masia and instead opted to join Man City. Maybe if he really was homegrown he'd be a better player than he is now, our academy is much better at developing midfielders than any academy in England. He's spent more time away on loan than he did at Barca B.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Lucho really lost it.
I find it funny when I see anyone even talking about Palencia or Alena when Lucho can't even play Denis who is basically Barca's last young home-grown player in first team.

Denis is not home-grown, but Rafinha is, and I'd rather see one of them playing rather than Arda. It is a shame Rafa still injured I guess.

gasgas

Denis isn't homegrown, he refused to come to La Masia and instead opted to join Man City. Maybe if he really was homegrown he'd be a better player than he is now, our academy is much better at developing midfielders than any academy in England. He's spent more time away on loan than he did at Barca B.
[MENTION=2]Bojan[/MENTION]

Home of Barca Fans