Lliga | Round 19: Real Sociedad - FC Barcelona 2-4

viper76

Tired of Gomes. He is improving but still not good enough.
He is good enough to run with the pack when everything is going well but will never provide the needed spark when the team struggles.

He is not a barca fit and will never be the guy just has not got it, very slow with no brain .

BBZ8800

Tired of Gomes. He is improving but still not good enough.
He is good enough to run with the pack when everything is going well but will never provide the needed spark when the team struggles.

The thing is, this 442 almost never struggle.
So, no need for a spark.

We will win this or that way in almost every match.

serghei

Can't say I agree with Valverde's decisions very often, but Gomes has played well, and since Coutinho can't play and Iniesta is probably tired or not sharp physically, he is the next in line.

I approve Dembele not starting these games just yet. He's just back after a long term injury and we can't risk nothing with him. It's a lot better to start him on Camp Nou.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I wasnt talking abt today's lineup, I'm talking about the last match and how he should have been brought off. Thats all.

Maybe but I am discussing todays line up as it is and for that hypotheticals of when should have been taken off are irrelevant.

Maybe if he played full 90 wouldnt even make the squad...

Xaviniesta

DThfLNYWkAEiUyw.jpg

vlad

Its really interestinghow no matter who is coach, they put some weird line up against sociedad (gomes and paulinho together today), on the ground where barca cant win 10, years(?) Where socidead look like title contenders and carlos vela looked like true WC player, outshining messi every time, and their defence? Their CB's looked like maldini and nesta in the prime, let alone goalkeeper.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Valverde is the type of coach that makes you look forward to the next game only to see what he cooked up this time(Not talking about drugs).

henias

Maybe but I am discussing todays line up as it is and for that hypotheticals of when should have been taken off are irrelevant.

Maybe if he played full 90 wouldnt even make the squad...

But u said today's lineup was a direct result of Iniesta being tired the last match but then u say it is totally irrelevant that he shud have rested more, especially if in case he will be of use against Sociedad.

FCBfan22

Valverde is the type of coach that makes you look forward to the next game only to see what he cooked up this time(Not talking about drugs).

He didn't need to cook up anything, since Mina already brought the finished product from Colombia.

:benitez:

JamDav1982

But u said today's lineup was a direct result of Iniesta being tired the last match but then u say it is totally irrelevant that he shud have rested more,if just in case he will be of use against Sociedad.

Yip. It is very easy to understand.

Discuss todays line up as it is to be chosen today on what actually happened in last game.

behindbrowneyes

Its really interestinghow no matter who is coach, they put some weird line up against sociedad (gomes and paulinho together today), on the ground where barca cant win 10, years(?) Where socidead look like title contenders and carlos vela looked like true WC player, outshining messi every time, and their defence? Their CB's looks like maldini and nesta in the prime, let alone goalkeeper.

It makes sense to start a physically strong side vs La Real, doesn't it? After they run over our midfield year after year. Valverde knows how to win there.

Let's see how they do and whine afterwards if tactics don't work out. We have creativity in Iniesta and Dembélé on the bench and won't concede many goals if tactics don't work out offensively. Just relax guys.

Home of Barca Fans