Lliga | Round 10: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona 0-2

JerseyAddict

But the 1st half was ours when you summ it up and 0:3 could have been for 5 cm difference.

2nd was shit.

But it is not all that bad as people say.

khaled_a_d

Imagine we face Pep’s city in UCL with this same formation and system. Absolute nightmare and humiliation I guess. We have the worst midfield of the top teams in Europe.

This is the best system to face City, you don't fight Pep for the midfield battle, you keep him in midfield and expose his defense mistake, this has exposed him in CL ever since he has left us. If we get Pique back in form and Dembele from injury then we can have a chance against them with such approach.
That isn't talking highly of EV, I don't like using such approach against Bilbao

henias

To be honest Semedo was not at this best during last few games. I don't get all the Valverde hate in this forum. At least he is showing result.

Why is he playing Suarez - well I think the answer of this is obvious, Suarez is one of the best forwards of past several years and he is trying to bring back his best conditions. Whom else to play? Paco? Denis? Deu?
Why is he playing Rakitic - maybe because of his defensive work-rate. I think EV also knows that Rakitic is shit nowdays as an attacking option.
Why is he not playing Semedo - Well, Semedo started very well for us, but he don't need to play all games right now. He will become a key figure for Barca at the end of the season or maybe starting from next season.

I'm not trying to say that I agree with Valverde's decisions, personally I would always play Roberto as CM and bench Rakitic for couple of games. But, man is doing his job, let's have a faith in him and see what we will get at the end of the season. Don't forget that he doesn't get a strongest Barca team. Some other manager could be struggling with this team in the middle of the table.

Yea ur comment is a fking joke. This is no doubt one of the worst Barca form of tactics and lineup I've seen in the past decade. Bilbao was a complete joke that night and we just sat back for the most parts. Lets just wait for the tough CL games or the Clasico and I'll be the first to tag you when the "results" do happen. I marked ur words, dont end up crying when the time comes.

Last edited:

henias

This is AB away game. Chill people. We hit frame for 2 times. It could have been 0:3 in 1st half. Life aint always a piece of shit. Sometimes it has a cherry on top.

Lmao at the people and their forced positivity down here. Maybe let me give u an advice: try to hold ur tears when the round of 16 or last 8 comes.

eaman

I thought he was way more comfortable given that there was Paulinho and not Iniesta beside him. Playing Iniesta as a starter honestly does more damage than good. At this point Iniesta is a sunk cost .. its only decline from here and playing him takes away from potentially growing someone else that is sustainable.

If iniesta was beside him we wouldn't have concededed so many chances. That midfield other than busquets had no idea how to control a game. Bilbao dominated a lot of that game. If iniesta played they would have dominated and created less

Arent we getting Coutinho in January?
I know this won't solve our problems in CL, but whoever thinks we have chance to win CL this year is delusional. I mean, if we changed our way of playing to defending and just counterattacking, we might have a chance; but we all know that will never happen. Maybe if Dembele turns out to be an amazing player, we might.
I was hoping Valverde would prove me wrong, but his game against Atletico Madrid showed me that he is thinking more about style of winning, rather than winning at any cost.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I don't get all "when we face top team in cl" rant, after last summer almost every one of you thought we had no chance winning it, even Liga seemed difficult due to the way RM being much better team.
If he brought Liga then Valverde has delivered in terms of results. May be when we bring real help to the team we can complain about him not building a team to win CL

Arent we getting Coutinho in January?

No

M

MessiCam

I don't get all "when we face top team in cl" rant, after last summer almost every one of you thought we had no chance winning it, even Liga seemed difficult due to the way RM being much better team.
If he brought Liga then Valverde has delivered in terms of results. May be when we bring real help to the team we can complain about him not building a team to win CL

No
I can only speak for myself and for me it’s the system, the obviously defensive selections and the way he has us playing that is the problem.

If the opposition are too good there is nothing you can do about it but at the very least put some effort into it. Our pressing game is non existent, so is our passing game... To make matters worse, it’s the second La Liga game in a row that we’ve been clueless in dealing with the press of the opposition which just ends up with us losing the ball. Often in dangerous areas.

It’s almost as if we’re a team coached by Mourinho now.

I know this is not a nice thing to say but at this stage only a few big losses would wake people up and I hope it happens sooner rather than later because this is not a Barça system. It’s painful to watch.

henias

Bcos ppl like u dont know jack shit abt football. Maybe after we lose to Real or PSG again, u can wake up and realise whats happening. Liga is going well for us bcos we have own goals, Messi and Paulinho. This type of team dependant on a few players with an entirely wrong tactics will surely get exposed by the best teams. Looks like people nvr ever learnt the hard way like Lucho's days, until it really happens.

Last edited:

booge

Yea ur comment is a fking joke. This is no doubt one of the worst Barca form of tactics and lineup I've seen in the past decade. Bilbao was a complete joke that night and we just sat back for the most parts. Lets just wait for the tough CL games or the Clasico and I'll be the first to tag you when the "results" do happen. I marked ur words, dont end up crying when the time comes.

wtf are you on about, taggin him and marked ur words lmao. you sound like a paranoid fcuk lol.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's banned. Now he can look forward to Barca losing.

Game Statistics

Goal Attempts: 17-17

On Target: 5-5

Corners: 6-4

Fouls: 15-12

Yellow Cards: 1-4

Possession: 39% - 61%​

Home of Barca Fans