Lliga: Granada CF - FC Barcelona 1-3

Icarium

Lifestealer
Did you notice the pitch? Barça always struggle in those potato fields, for obvious reasons. In some points looked like there was sand.

Yeah the pitch was bad i agree. Maybe at a good pitch we could have done far better. The players attitude is also wrong in many incidents though, they got caught out of positions far too many times. And they did not make proper runs for counter attacks, neymar especially. I hope they play with some passion in next match. If we play like this against Villarreal they will definitely score 2-3 goals.

I think credit must be given to Granada too rather than over criticizing barca, they were quite physical and very good on wings. They used pace very well and creating couple of decent chances.

On the bright side, how much did we improve on defending set pieces? I remember we used to concede corners/freekicks and also crosses towards Alves said almost eevry game, nowadays it barely happens in months. Very happy about that and its to Lucho's credit.

Not lucho i think Unzué must get the credit for work on set piece defending. I think bravo also looks very confident in those kind of situations, he knows he can't make mistakes with mats just right around the corner. The competition is helping him.

Sunny Mir

All the people complaining about the timing of the match today,wait till next week when the match against rayo will be at ............2 pm (+3GMT).

barcanuck

All the people complaining about the timing of the match today,wait till next week when the match against rayo will be at ............2 pm (+3GMT).

These day games are annoying now. All our games should be night to sync with the CL. Hella annoying.

gatsu

Nothing to complain about, before the match we knew that the players will not be 100% focused, and the 3 points was all that matters, mission accomplished.

Matches at 16h away, against teams in the relegation zone are always difficult, not mentioning the pitch horrible quality, we managed to win in a tricky stadium which is a very good thing.

Bucky

Penya Member
Well the bits I saw, thanks to Sky cutting the hell out of the match :pique:

It did look a bit, lacklustre. As if they didn't care too much. Better chances created though would those same chances be pulled off against better teams? Agreed the pitch was awful & everyone seems to be complaining about the wind in the media. Which I guess shows because some crosses were over hit (wind impacted on the ball?).

Glad Suárez stepped up, shame about his reaction to being subbed by mind you, you can sympathise as Neymar probably should be the one to get subbed as he's been quite bad/off form.

Glad we got the win and whilst yeah Granada were quite physical, from what I saw they kept looking for the foul, amateur dramatics and definitely, definitely looking for the penalty on 3 occasions; once which actual had contact and they made a meal of it which the ref then obviously awarded it.

Good to get the 3pts, let's crack on with CdR, it's ours to lose.

BerkeleyBernie

The pitch was so bad, ffs. Pathetic. Hope Xavi makes a comment about it.

This was key. While dullsville, the team was clearly instructed to go in and play hoof/direct ball, because of the poor pitch and the pressing from a young athletic team. It's not surprising they weren't terribly good at something that's outside their nature, but no matter, the tactic did pay off. Rakitic is exactly the kind of player I would have expected to shine in these conditions, where close touch skills aren't needed. Direct, physical, balls over the top. And Suarez as well, also well suited to scrappily engineer scoring. Well done those two. It's no accident two of the weakest "Barça style" players excelled here.

Without Busquets to connect with, I'm not sure why Xavi was on the pitch, other than to get a run out, and to provide a bit of maturity. Rafinha has the better skills for this type of match, but Lucho may have been worried about his positional liability until a lead was established. Roberto might have been another option.

Save for a few moments, Neymar was a waste, reverting back to his poor decisions and arrogant pointless midfield dribbles despite available teammates.

Lass is quite the player. I look forward to seeing what he can do when he inevitably transfers to a big club.

Asylum15

This was key. While dullsville, the team was clearly instructed to go in and play hoof/direct ball, because of the poor pitch and the pressing from a young athletic team. It's not surprising they weren't terribly good at something that's outside their nature, but no matter, the tactic did pay off. Rakitic is exactly the kind of player I would have expected to shine in these conditions, where close touch skills aren't needed. Direct, physical, balls over the top. And Suarez as well, also well suited to scrappily engineer scoring. Well done those two. It's no accident two of the weakest "Barça style" players excelled here.

Without Busquets to connect with, I'm not sure why Xavi was on the pitch, other than to get a run out, and to provide a bit of maturity. Rafinha has the better skills for this type of match, but Lucho may have been worried about his positional liability until a lead was established. Roberto might have been another option.

Save for a few moments, Neymar was a waste, reverting back to his poor decisions and arrogant pointless midfield dribbles despite available teammates.

Lass is quite the player. I look forward to seeing what he can do when he inevitably transfers to a big club.

This and more. I hate when he does this.

raki

These day games are annoying now. All our games should be night to sync with the CL. Hella annoying.

In terms of attendance is great and also good for expanding brand in Asia market. I love afternoon games just like in the Bundesliga and EPL.
I see no disavantages.

Bucky

Penya Member
Been watching Neymar 2.015, think someone has had a word and now he really try's to not dive and stay on his feet. Perhaps Messi? However as pointed out he's trying to run with the ball & dribble as much as possible, trying to be like Messi but unfortunately looks selfish because there are times when he really needs to pass but instead loses the ball, brings play backwards or not creating/looking for the chance.

However, let's not be too harsh, he's still young & developing so fingers crossed he learns more and more.

BerkeleyBernie

Been watching Neymar 2.015, think someone has had a word and now he really try's to not dive and stay on his feet. Perhaps Messi? However as pointed out he's trying to run with the ball & dribble as much as possible, trying to be like Messi but unfortunately looks selfish because there are times when he really needs to pass but instead loses the ball, brings play backwards or not creating/looking for the chance.

However, let's not be too harsh, he's still young & developing so fingers crossed he learns more and more.

I was actually fine with him experimenting this game- up to a point. Then it became someone who looks like they weren't learning from the game; instead, a personal one upmanship battle to beat Granada and show them who's boss. Late in the game, he became so frustrated he started doing little flair tricks just to show off and try to humiliate his markers; to the contrary, he played right into their hands, by showing his frustration in such nonproductive ways. Hopefully, as you say, he'll mature and learn to control his emotions so they don't control him.

ManusXavi

Why is Messi starting in matches against opponents like Granada. We need him to be in top shape in the Champions League. . . . . not fatigued.

raki

Why is Messi starting in matches against opponents like Granada. We need him to be in top shape in the Champions League. . . . . not fatigued.

Because even with him we are 4 pointa behind. If you want to rest him do it at home not in away games. And that talk about fatigue is tongue in cheek.
Example: Malaga - 1 week resting - 2 days off - Outcome: horrible performance
City - 3 days resting - no days off - Outcome: spetacular performance

Home of Barca Fans