Lliga: FC Barcelona - RCD Espanyol 5-1

CatalinR10

Suarez is already dead to me so he probably won't score so Messi it's your time again to shine. Score a hatrick or you can go to Chelsea for all I care.

leprechaun-.gif

Schumi

Nonsense. Leo messi won us the match. We played a very weak first half, created few chances, no movement. Espanyol could also have scored more goals. Messis goal was the only thing - and it was a solo goal, individual effort. Just the same with 2-1. Look at the touches - pure genius. Individual effort. 3-1 was a corner kick - and we have got like 1 goal out of 120 corners this season. More accidental - good individual effort by pique though. At that moment espanyol gave up, they lost the energy needed to win. But we all know that teams like espanyol can keep up the workrate through the match as long as the result is there. 3-1 was to much, and they collectively collapsed. Messi won this match for us.

Yes. It was all Messi on his own. That great combination that led to his first goal, yes he did all that by himself. Then, the second goal for which our defense stole the ball from Espanyol and Neymar started the counter by skipping past 2-3 players and then laying it off for Suarez who assisted Messi. It was all Messi yet again. And Messi won the corner which Rakitic took and Pique duly converted. And you know what else, when Alba assisted Pedro, it was just Messi.

And I will ask you once again. Since you find Barca so weak, tell me then which teams are better than us on the entire continent? Give me a list with a short explanation why you think those teams are be better than us currently.

Just tell us you are a Chelsea fan and stop this ludicrous theater of yours.

Last edited:

Lomar1o

Yes. It was all Messi on his own. That great combination that led to his first goal, yes he did all that by himself. Then, the second goal for which our defense stole the ball from Espanyol and Neymar started the counter by skipping past 2-3 players and then laying it off for Suarez who assisted Messi. It was all Messi yet again. And Messi won the corner which Rakitic took and Pique duly converted. And you know what else, when Alba assisted Pedro, it was just Messi.

And I will ask you once again. Since you find Barca so weak, tell me then which teams are better than us on the entire continent? Give me a list with a short explanation why you think those teams to be better than is currently.
Just tell is you are a Chelsea fan and stop this ludicrous theater of yours.

not many, if only a few players could score from the first two chances messi got. the first goal? the chance was almost lost when xavi miscontrolled the ball, thank god he managed to pass to messi. had it been someone else the ball would've hit the defensive wall that was in front of him. apart from the impossible curve, messi's first touch to get a little bit forward was also a masterstroke. his second goal? are you even kidding me? that nutmeg.. he wasn't even in a scoring position before that nutmeg. how many players would've done that? messi single-handedly scored two WONDER goals. which got us right back in the game. he ALONE halted espanyol's spirit and charged our players' spirits. that's how messi won us the game. and even without the goals he was our driving force creating most of the chances. those great combinations or other great plays would amount to shit had messi not been a genius and a motivator all in one.

please tell me honestly, do you really think that messi alone didn't win the game for us once again?

blaugrana1987

And I will ask you once again. Since you find Barca so weak, tell me then which teams are better than us on the entire continent? Give me a list with a short explanation why you think those teams are be better than us currently.

Just tell us you are a Chelsea fan and stop this ludicrous theater of yours.
Truth be told it was all Messi pretty much. Both of these goals were not clear cut chances, actually they were very hard to score. Had it been anyone else on his place we wouldn't score goal. Also Messi layed 100% chance to Alba and one to Suarez, as well as hitting crossbar from FK so yea, it was kinda of all Messi.

JamDav1982

Truth be told it was all Messi pretty much. Both of these goals were not clear cut chances, actually they were very hard to score. Had it been anyone else on his place we wouldn't score goal. Also Messi layed 100% chance to Alba and one to Suarez, as well as hitting crossbar from FK so yea, it was kinda of all Messi.

It wasnt 'all Messi'.

He was the best player on the park but the moves for all three if his goals were very good and the other players played a big part.

If these type of performances are all down to Messi then do you also blame him when Barca lose? I doubt it.

blaugrana1987

It wasnt 'all Messi'.

He was the best player on the park but the moves for all three if his goals were very good and the other players played a big part.

If these type of performances are all down to Messi then do you also blame him when Barca lose? I doubt it.
Thats because we played like shit collectively. Neymar had 0 chances (except the one Messi layed in front of him) and Suarez had 2 (one from Messi). Until Messi goal EVERYTHING came from Messi, that is what worries me. As far as I am concerned, with the players we have we should've make CLEAR chances every few minutes.

Schumi

not many, if only a few players could score from the first two chances messi got. the first goal? the chance was almost lost when xavi miscontrolled the ball, thank god he managed to pass to messi. had it been someone else the ball would've hit the defensive wall that was in front of him. apart from the impossible curve, messi's first touch to get a little bit forward was also a masterstroke. his second goal? are you even kidding me? that nutmeg.. he wasn't even in a scoring position before that nutmeg. how many players would've done that? messi single-handedly scored two WONDER goals. which got us right back in the game. he ALONE halted espanyol's spirit and charged our players' spirits. that's how messi won us the game. and even without the goals he was our driving force creating most of the chances. those great combinations or other great plays would amount to shit had messi not been a genius and a motivator all in one.

please tell me honestly, do you really think that messi alone didn't win the game for us once again?

Were Messi's first two goals thanx to his individual brilliance? Absolutely yes. But still, the way our opponents play against us, makes it extremely hard for us to get the ball to those places for Messi to work his unique magic. As brilliant as those first two goals were, if one goes back and sees the moves that led up to them, you definitely find exquisite team moves. This is the reason why Messi cannot ever be as magic with Argentina as he is with us. The second goal tonight was the result of a lightning quick counter-attack involving a great run and dribbles from Neymar and a quick pass from Suarez.

Football is much more than who scores the goals or however brilliantly. And no Messi, did not win the game for us, the team won it. Messi was far and away the best player (as is the natural order of things) but much more went on today than Messi. Just find me a similar hat-trick that Messi has scored with Argentina.

Schumi

Thats because we played like shit collectively. Neymar had 0 chances (except the one Messi layed in front of him) and Suarez had 2 (one from Messi). Until Messi goal EVERYTHING came from Messi, that is what worries me. As far as I am concerned, with the players we have we should've make CLEAR chances every few minutes.

You mean the off-side one?

The position in which we play Messi helps him being the creative hub of the team as well as the prime scorer. Neymar and Suarez are busy on the wings. If we had Iniesta from the first half, then I would expect us to have created more chances in that first half. Another thing that all of you are missing is the fact that Espanyol were extremely good in the first half.

JamDav1982

No it wasnt you are giving Messi for every chance he created and every chance he had at goal.

Other players played a big part in all three of Messi moves. For example the pass Suarez made for the third was top class.

L

linetty

It's impossible to be non reliant on Messi when he is there, everything goes through him and he always wants the ball

Home of Barca Fans