Lliga: FC Barcelona - RCD Espanyol 5-1

Linetty, I mean, iniesta played against huesca! And now he is supposed to "rest"? Dosent make any sense. He is an immense improvement - we need his creativity.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Linetty, I mean, iniesta played against huesca! And now he is supposed to "rest"? Dosent make any sense. He is an immense improvement - we need his creativity.

He just came back from an injury and we have a game coming up against PSG too. He'll get his time in the 2nd half.

Kohe321

The creativity in this MF might be a problem, but let's see. I support the idea of resting Iniesta at least one half though, the PSG match is very important and we really need him for it.

The CB pairing is okay, I guess Mathieu will play against PSG then.

Kasperroed

Once again too much rotations in the defense.

XI del Barça: Bravo; Dani Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Jordi Alba; Sergio Busquets, Xavi, Rakitic; Luis Suárez, Neymar y Messi.

Obviously we have 4 strong CB's, so rotations in the that position seems fair. I'm more concerned about the more 'radical' rotations like Mathieu vs. Real, double pivot vs. Valencia, and playing Pedro + Munir in the game against Celta Vigo (i think it was?).

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm a bit hesitant with this lineup if it means that we'll play Rakitic-Iniesta midweek which hasn't proved to be effective at all other than against Huesca. Hope Xavi comes out early so that he can play vs. PSG for at least 60 minutes.

PhilS

Obviously we have 4 strong CB's, so rotations in the that position seems fair. I'm more concerned about the more 'radical' rotations like Mathieu vs. Real, double pivot vs. Valencia, and playing Pedro + Munir in the game against Celta Vigo (i think it was?).
Playing the same two fullbacks every game, Bravo Liga keeper Ter Stegen cup keeper, rotating 4 CBs, usually Busquets but more relief from Mache. The Lucho defensive system has been superbly effective, face facts, give him credit. Excellent goals against so far.

slvtn

0:1. It's already over. They are going to park the bus now and our team will look like a bunch of overstained cats.

Home of Barca Fans