Lliga: FC Barcelona - Athletic Bilbao 2-0

B

beautifulgame

Neymar needs to get properly fit first anyway. Also played 180 minutes on a faraway continent on shit field this week.. Likely not even recuperated fully. Should take time to be fully fit. Good call on Masche tho

Icarium

Lifestealer
Bravo-Alves Pique Bartra Alba- Busi Rakitic Iniesta- Pedro Messi Munir. I don't mind neymar starting ahead of munir but for now he will add more from the bench like against Villarreal plus he played two full games in shit international break. But bartra should get a chance ahead of masch. I dont understand why we bought 2 CB and still play masch. Just give bartra some chances. In the CL match we could rotate our squad like hell. We have great depth. Mats Montoya Mathieu Vermaelen adriano masch rafinha neymar everyone can start and still win the match. Good job board and the coach.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Richard.H

Tough match. I refuse to wake up at 7 am to watch it though since I had a very long work week and I absolutely need to sleep more. I will record it and watch it when I wake up. Have fun in chat peeps! Don't get too crazy if we are trailing and/or lose.

Siberia

Tough match. I refuse to wake up at 7 am to watch it though since I had a very long work week and I absolutely need to sleep more. I will record it and watch it when I wake up. Have fun in chat peeps! Don't get too crazy if we are trailing and/or lose.

Thanks mate. I advise you to not look at the score when you wake up and just look at the match immediately. Would make it much more exciting :party1:

F

Flavia

Alves is out, with knee discomfort. Also out of the squad are Bartra, Rafinha, and Douglas, technical decision. As well as Verm and Masip, injured.

Messi, Iniesta and Mathieu got the green light.

Squad:
Ter Stegen, Bravo, Montoya, Piqué, Mascherano, Mathieu, Jordi Alba, Adriano, Sergio, Xavi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Sergi Roberto, Munir, Pedro, Sandro, Neymar y Munir.

L

linetty

Never have a good feeling bout games at 4pm... Thankfully it's at home and hopefully the crowd will support loudly.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona have scored at least 2 goals in 13 of their last 14 home matches in the Liga #fcblive [via whoscored]

I

instinct

You know that's impossible in this forum. :lol:

Neeraj

City Assnal at 5pm. Barca Bilbao 730 pm and then Madrid Derby at 11pm.

tumblr_m15qmys6XN1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Alves is out, with knee discomfort. Also out of the squad are Bartra, Rafinha, and Douglas, technical decision. As well as Verm and Masip, injured.

Messi, Iniesta and Mathieu got the green light.

Squad:
Ter Stegen, Bravo, Montoya, Piqué, Mascherano, Mathieu, Jordi Alba, Adriano, Sergio, Xavi, Iniesta, Rakitic, Sergi Roberto, Munir, Pedro, Sandro, Neymar y Munir.

Will be a tough match for Montoya but a good litmus test for what we can expect from him this season...He will have to be careful not to have lapses in concentration

Mathieu playing inside of Alba is part of Lucho's vision for this team which leaves Piqué the probable pairing with the Frenchman in central defense...Of course it depends on how he & Mascherano have looked in training but Gerard has been sharper for me even if Mascherano would bring needed interventional capabilities against a lethal counter attacking side like Bilbao

This is a very good early test in the season for Luis' version of Barcelona although I'd like to see how we look against the parked buses like Atletico too...but it is early and I think Enrique hasn't had enough time with the full squad to see how they interpret his tactics...That being said, I expect an emphatic win

Doesn't mean it won't be difficult because Bilbao is surely here to cause an upset, you can be sure of that...Valverde will have them ready

Scoring remains the biggest issue with this team, IMO...No one has played long enough together to really develop much rhythm which is why I think continuity should prevail and have Munir start with Leo & Pedro...Neymar & Sandro would be excellent impact subs along with Xavi

Last edited:
I

instinct

Iraizoz, Laporte, Beñat, Iturraspe, De Marcos, Susaeta, Mikel Rico, Gurpegi, Muniain, Aduriz i Balenziaga

I

instinct

Bravo - Montoya Mascherano Mathieu Alba - Rakitic Busquets Iniesta - Pedro Messi Munir

Home of Barca Fans