Lliga: (El Clasico) FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 2-1

L

linetty

We don't play like Barca with Mascherano in midfield. That's horrible.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Messi on the right wing did not work effectively because madrid players know they can't defend messi properly when he has the ball and space so they made sure he does not receive the ball there and even if he gets he is getting in difficult position and it is easy to take it away from him. That is how they neutralized and messi and playing masch at DM has the given us no control in midfield. By doing these things they stopped us from creating chances and they created plenty of them. This is all in the first half.

Jozef_

We got the points, but the game itself was horrible. We lost so many balls, unforgivable as Barça. Neymar was playing selfish, Suarez has problems with passing the goddamn ball. Thank God for Pique tonight and Bravo and Mathieu.

JamDav1982

Messi on the right wing did not work effectively because madrid players know they can't defend messi properly when he has the ball and space so they made sure he does not receive the ball there and even if he gets he is getting in difficult position and it is easy to take it away from him. That is how they neutralized and messi and playing masch at DM has the given us no control in midfield. By doing these things they stopped us from creating chances and they created plenty of them. This is all in the first half.

Messi struggled to get on ball in first half as he barely moved to get on it.

Real were pushing Marcelo on as much as possible to exploit it.

In second half Messi went looking for ball a bit more and got on it more centrally.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We don't play like Barca with Mascherano in midfield. That's horrible.

Would be more horrible if we played with Busi and lost. But I agree, Busi is clearly the better DM for us - no doubt. But sometimes you need the fighting and grinding spirit that Masch brings to the game. We got 3 points, fair and square - should have even been 4-1 if the ref and Neymar did their job, and RM should have finished the game with 10 players.

SocalBarcaFan

You can't beat Real Madrid 5-0 every time. Seems like that's the only time everyone has been happy after a Clasico here. Yes our team was bad in the first half but a lot of it was just brain farts. Easy passes not being completed and holding onto the ball too long. In my mind those are self inflicted and not because of the opponent which would be more worrying if Madrid were doing whatever they wanted and we had no answer.

In the 2nd half less mistakes were made and look what happened. Completely dominated after that Benzema chance at the 48th min. Real Madrid had no answer for us and that is why I'm happy with our team at the moment. When we are on our game nobody has an answer. I don't think Madrid could have played much better in the first half and barca weren't that far away from them while commuting all those silly mistakes.

L

linetty

And yet we win everytime he plays DM
So? If anything, we win those games despite his presence in midfield. The game was truly under our control only when Busquets (and Xavi) came on.

0 control in midfield with Mascherano. I hope it was the last time he plays there.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
You can't beat Real Madrid 5-0 every time. Seems like that's the only time everyone has been happy after a Clasico here. Yes our team was bad in the first half but a lot of it was just brain farts. Easy passes not being completed and holding onto the ball too long. In my mind those are self inflicted and not because of the opponent which would be more worrying if Madrid were doing whatever they wanted and we had no answer.

In the 2nd half less mistakes were made and look what happened. Completely dominated after that Benzema chance at the 48th min. Real Madrid had no answer for us and that is why I'm happy with our team at the moment. When we are on our game nobody has an answer. I don't think Madrid could have played much better in the first half and barca weren't that far away from them while commuting all those silly mistakes.

+1

JackaL

I think we should adapt ourselves to seeing a different Barca. Against weaker opponents, it looks great when counter attacking with our star players upfront, but counter attacking means less control of the ball. Something that was our key strategy and philosophy for the past decade. Naturally, when playing against top tier teams (MC not counted, sorry no offense), it is much tougher and the difference in our game is much more visible. Just look how much passes we missed today, how Madrid looked sharper in positioning, pressed harder etc.

I would prefer the games with more control. passing etc. to this one, but clearly that era is over and we can't manage to play that game anymore.

dakt

What was the reason for so many mistakes? We looked so nervous with the ball.
We need midfielder who can calm things down.

Home of Barca Fans