Lliga: Barca - Malaga 0-1

Therle

Alves was HORRIBLE. Both in defence, and in attack. He fucked up so many attack, over and over and over again. Looked like last seasons shite.

Very dissapointed. Our players look pathetic when things don't go their way. They become desperate. I feel like when they are behind, the pressure of the camp nou gets to them.

kenobiFCB

This was awfull,la liga title is fadeing away,can't see real madrid losing tomorow against elche.We looked lethargic and with no idea while attacking.I'm worried about city game right now.

raminho

I hate the outcome but on behalf of the atmosphere at Camp Nou it was almost worth it. I'd be scared to be that linesman and walking down La Rambla tonight... I was also surprised by Pique's vocal approach to "leading" the defence all the time. Something you rarely notice on TV. It's a big setback but I have a feeling Liga will go down to the last game... Yet again.

cmsy27

Terrible game. I developed a headache watching it. Unfortunately it was just one of those days when everything was off. The players were off, the officials were either blind or blatantly corrupt, the other team scored an early goal and then parked the freaking fortress, Lucho made stupid decisions, and luck was not on our side. Alves's mistake cost us very dearly, but there are 14 matches left. I refuse to be anything but optimistic, as long as the team continues to fight. With the correct attitude and some smart calls by the coach we will definitely still be in contention for every trophy at the end of the season.

sabby

The difference between our midfield now and 4 years back seems huge whereas only xavi has been replaced. I think Iniesta and Busquets have totally lost the hunger, they should be benched/rest for a couple weeks so that they can come back with focus. Meanwhile, we can use a Rafinha/Xavi, Rakitic, Samper/Mascherano midfield. And Pedro or anybody else need to be given chances in home match when Neymer is not in form.

L

linetty

Nothing is lost tonight. 12 games and one loss is a great run. The game was frustrating but we can't ignore the fact that we got scored against early on out of a shit mistake, then Malaga parked the bus very efficiently and the ref wrongly called like 4 offsides. Any team would have struggled to turn around the score. It wasn't to be tonight.
Great post.

EdmondDantes

I actually did not watch the game, my dog was suddenly unwell and I was really worried I rushed him to the vet. That happened right when the game had kicked off, I had time to look at the score and saw we were losing and that was it.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Lol, you never know though, it's Spain after all!!

That would be like saying theres no point in watching Italian football because it is likely to be fixed.

Just seems pathetic to say that because we lost the match was fixed.

L

linetty

That would be like saying theres no point in watching Italian football because it is likely to be fixed.

Just seems pathetic to say that because we lost the match was fixed.
I didn't mean it as an excuse for the loss. We lost because we were shit. Just pointing out Spain is so fucked up.

Chong Li

Sure the refereeing was scandalous, but we barely managed to create anything. how many shot on that f'in asshole Kameni in 90 minutes? 4?

And once again the midfield was non existant, their only job is to play bodyguard for the wingbacks and getting the ball as quickly as possible to Messi/Ney.

No creativity, no control at all.

Lucho's system stands and falls with Leo's form. And unfortunately nobody can play at 100& top level all the time.

Asylum15

The difference between our midfield now and 4 years back seems huge whereas only xavi has been replaced. I think Iniesta and Busquets have totally lost the hunger, they should be benched/rest for a couple weeks so that they can come back with focus. Meanwhile, we can use a Rafinha/Xavi, Rakitic, Samper/Mascherano midfield. And Pedro or anybody else need to be given chances in home match when Neymer is not in form.

I think Sergio still has a lot to offer. We'll be long finding a player who makes so many right decisions in tight spaces, and who anticipates counters as well as he does. The one thing you'd say about Andres is, people never complain that he barely scores, but you always just gave him a 'pass' because you knew he was so good at other things, especially creatively, but I haven't seen that either from him at his level from years before. Rafinha / New signing for me need to be readied.

However, it's been said, and I saw it yesterday also. Once you pass quick enough to go through our initial 'waves' of pressure, you really can get at the heart of our defence, because Sergio is not quick at all once turned running toward his own goal, and with our fullbacks often high up the field, we look vulnerable.

I expect us to be more cautious on Tuesday.

Home of Barca Fans