Lliga: Barca - Getafe 6-0

StarLord

Messi won 2 of his bdors without the cl.
A possible domestic double is not something small. I'm not saying I don't want to win the cl, but la liga should always be the priority, to me.

I know, but Ronaldo did not win it (the CL) in those seasons. I can even picture Robben winning it if he can come up with the goods in the remaining CL games.

F

Flavia

I know, but Ronaldo did not win it (the CL) in those seasons. I can even picture Robben winning it if he can come up with the goods in the remaining CL games.

Robben winning the bdor over Messi, because of the cl? That will never happen. Ribery didn't win it for a treble.

JamDav1982

At the start of each season the league is the priority but at this stage in the CL and La Liga there is no way you can prioritise La Liga.

The second string can win games like tonight but have no chance against Bayern.

Its not about prioritising from now it is just about using the squad in the best way to try and win both.

StarLord

He has scored 29 goals across the past two seasons so not doing badly on limited minutes.

I seem to remember a hat trick from him away to Getafe last season when Barca were 2-0 down in a game without Messi. That good enough?

Four of his goals came against Huesca in the CDR and another was a penaldo vs Elche in the Copa (after we had won the first game 5-0)

Last season he scored two hat-tricks vs Rayo and Getafe for what it's worth. But it is not just about goals, his overall play has declined substantially in recent seasons. If it was still 2010/2012 Pedro, then yes, I would gladly keep him in the squad. But not anymore.

JamDav1982

Four of his goals came against Huesca in the CDR and another was a penaldo vs Elche in the Copa (after we had won the first game 5-0)

Last season he scored two hat-tricks vs Rayo and Getafe for what it's worth. But it is not just about goals, his overall play has declined substantially in recent seasons. If it was still 2010/2012 Pedro, then yes, I would gladly keep him in the squad. But not anymore.

Dismissing his hat track against Getafe as if it was nothing....

No wonder you dont think he has had a good game in two seasons.

StarLord

Robben winning the bdor over Messi, because of the cl? That will never happen. Ribery didn't win it for a treble.

Yes, and there are many who still scream about Milito not winning it in 2010, or Ribery not winning in 2013. I know they are all buffoons, but still, the danger is there.

StarLord

Dismissing his hat track against Getafe as if it was nothing....

No wonder you dont think he has had a good game in two seasons.

No, I am not dismissing it, but a couple of good games games every know and then are not enough for someone to be a Barca player.

F

Flavia

Yes, and there are many who still scream about Milito not winning it in 2010, or Ribery not winning in 2013. I know they are all buffoons, but still, the danger is there.

There is absolutely no danger of that happening, at all. Never heard the one about Milito either. Only about Iniesta or Sneidjer, in 2010.

F

Flavia

It'd be perfect if Messi was rested in the 2nd half. Too bad it won't happen.

Home of Barca Fans