Liverpool

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
No see the suggestions thread.

As for your comments, personally I don't think our starting 11 is THAT far away from 4th atm but needs improvement in defence. I believe our squad needs to be much stronger though for us to go the whole season competing for 4th.

Coloccini can do a job now. With Carra going I don't think we can wait for potential to grow. So with Coloccini, Lovren and Agger I have 3 very solid - but not outstanding - but solid central defenders.

Shaw would be a risk but fuck it I'd take it.

Of course I could sell Carroll to raise funds (which will happen in real life) but I'd rather keep him.

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

Do you not think that you're lacking depth at centre back? Ideally you should have 4 centre backs.
Also, do you think Collocini would be convinced of a transfer to Liverpool considering he expressed his wish to move back to Argentina for personal reasons only a few months ago?

Andrew M

Yeah, it is not the quality that is of concern but lack of depth. Generally in modern football you have 4 centre backs. Perhaps you will adopt Barca's approach and play Lucas there? :D

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well Kelly can play central defense and we have a couple of decent looking youngsters who can fill in.

In real life we'll cover the loss of Coates with Kelly and Wisdom who can both play in that role. We'll get replacements for Carra and Skrtel.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Do you not think that you're lacking depth at centre back? Ideally you should have 4 centre backs.
Also, do you think Collocini would be convinced of a transfer to Liverpool considering he expressed his wish to move back to Argentina for personal reasons only a few months ago?

I think Coloccini with our South Americans and Spaniards could feel more comfortable.

Banana-Rama

No see the suggestions thread.

As for your comments, personally I don't think our starting 11 is THAT far away from 4th atm but needs improvement in defence. I believe our squad needs to be much stronger though for us to go the whole season competing for 4th.

Coloccini can do a job now. With Carra going I don't think we can wait for potential to grow. So with Coloccini, Lovren and Agger I have 3 very solid - but not outstanding - but solid central defenders.

Shaw would be a risk but fuck it I'd take it.

Of course I could sell Carroll to raise funds (which will happen in real life) but I'd rather keep him.

even with those squad adjustments that squad is not strong enough to make top 4, you would be better off spending the money on younger players with high potential, £9 million on a 31 year old centre back who has never been top class and has no sell on value is a waste of money, not sure about obraniak either, he is decent but nothing special, no point buying for the sake of it, the player has to be good enough...

loozy

Picture of the day:

BKGMa_VCcAANgOP.jpg:large

:D

K

kingleo

such a mediocre club now! I was surprised to see how much money they have spent in recent years and it has just made them a mediocre team who could become a true mid-table team by losing just one player! (suarez)

K

kingleo

They've scored 12 goals in 3 games without Suarez.

oh so scoring 6 past an awful Newcastle team and 3 past a Fulham team playing for nothing means they would be challenging for a Europa League spot without Suarez?

Jenks

So Suarez being a great player means they wouldn't be? Truth be told Liverpool haven't looked much weaker without him, if at all.

K

kingleo

So Suarez being a great player means they wouldn't be? Truth be told Liverpool haven't looked much weaker without him, if at all.

that's because they have played against an awful Newcastle team who showed no fight against them and a Fulham team playing for nothing! plus the derby against Everton which they should have lost if it wasnt for a blind ref disallowing Distin's goal!

They haven't been very impressive at all actually!

Home of Barca Fans